DVD/DTS Poll Pink Floyd - The Division Bell [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Pink Floyd - THE DIVISION BELL

• Total voters
I don't know how to give a 7 from the mix point of view?
Who gave it? And what is a 10 for him?

Another poll where we can't see who voted what :confused: On some polls you can see the voters all the time. On others you can see the names when you click on the scores. And on others, like this one, you can't see them at all.

Agreed - 7???!!! I'm guessing he doesn't like the music, or the lack of packaging really annoyed him :yikes

I meant to View Results and fat fingered the iPhone. Sadly it placed a vote of 1! Delete if possible, sorry! Sure hope they print more so I can formulate a true vote of my own.

I was not familiar with the songs on this Floyd disc except for Keep Talking and High Hopes. Both were done at a recent Brit Floyd concert I attended that was excellent. However after listening to the entire disc about half a dozen times I think the sound quality and mix is outstanding. My only complaint is the flimsy packaging the disc comes in. Great surround sound disc at a very affordable price that came out of the blue, a definite 10! Kudos to Mr. Jackson!

I meant to View Results and fat fingered the iPhone. Sadly it placed a vote of 1! Delete if possible, sorry! Sure hope they print more so I can formulate a true vote of my own.

I will attempt to extract the vote. However, you may not be able to vote again when you get the disc. We'll see how that goes, vB is a strange beast.

ED NOTE - It's deleted

"You were lucky. We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!"

And we considered ourselves lucky!

Also just ordered this Floyd disc

I'm still waiting for my copy. I can't be more impatient!

I wish it would have included the High Hopes video... one of my top 10 best videos of all times.

I'm still waiting for my copy. I can't be more impatient!

I wish it would have included the High Hopes video... one of my top 10 best videos of all times.

It does seem more than a little strange that none of the original videos are included no matter how dated they may be !!
I cant see space being that much of a reason.

It does seem more than a little strange that none of the original videos are included no matter how dated they may be !!

The size of the disc is just enough to fit in a single layer DVD... If I'm cynical I'd say thats why its LPCM 24/48 Stereo also...

The video for Take It Back is on the Pulse DVD. I think I'll take a shot at syncing the 5.1 mix to it with Power Director. I've never found a good source for the High Hopes video. That's the one I'd really like to have.

The video for Take It Back is on the Pulse DVD. I think I'll take a shot at syncing the 5.1 mix to it with Power Director. I've never found a good source for the High Hopes video. That's the one I'd really like to have.

If you have the capture software I think you can take it from youtube. It's now in HD in pink floyd channel

If you have the capture software I think you can take it from youtube. It's now in HD in pink floyd channel

It's in a grainy washed out 480p on YouTube with lots of compression artifacts :-\

It's in a grainy washed out 480p on YouTube with lots of compression artifacts :-\

You're absolutely right, Sir. I took for granted that it was real HQ when I saw it published on PF official channel, but quality is really poor.
I wonder if there will be mega The Endless River box with the videos in real high definition plus all TDB outtakes.
(don't have a lot of faith myself in that, really)

Another poll where we can't see who voted what :confused: On some polls you can see the voters all the time. On others you can see the names when you click on the scores. And on others, like this one, you can't see them at all.

Agreed - 7???!!! I'm guessing he doesn't like the music, or the lack of packaging really annoyed him :yikes

That was me. I gave it 9 for the mix and 5 for the music. You are right, I didn't like the music very much.

The vote is meant to be judged on 10 = Great Fidelity, Great Surround, Great Content to 1 = Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content.

Hmm, why are they different?

I can't see any value in lowering the score of a title due to it's packaging; makes little sense to me. You are penalizing the artist for a marketing decision, usually made by someone other than the artist. In the case of the Division DVD it's really reaching to complain about something that was priced so cheaply. I don't want to hear that they could have been in a cheap jewel box, yada yada yada. If you put this thing in wad of toilet paper it still is a bargain.

Back