Help A Snood get into King Crimson 5.1 .................... Don't laugh 8P

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snood is back!!! :rolleyes:

Time for Snood's "In The Wake of Poseidon" review.................and this gonna piss off some purists

Liked this a looooooot more than Crimson Court. Is that weird??? Just a few minor complaints.........

Pictures of a City was great
Cadence & Cascade - slower song but really like it
Wake of Poseidon - was not so much into
Peace - A Theme - was a nice lite guitar piece - liked
Cat Food - Snood Loved
Devils Triangle - ugh.......first 2 parts thought me was listening to a soundtrack, then part 3 kicked in and Snood was happy
Peace- An End - nice soft ending - nothing great

Extra Track - Groon - Loved it!!

Wish the drums were more prominent, but the surround was niiiiiiice...........I am so looking forward to Lizard!!!!

Gonna rate it a 9..........really did enjoy this one - couple times actually had a smile on me face and chuckled.

So flame away........2 down and Wake is ahead of Court - take that!!! :friday:

Groon is my favourite non album KC Track....(y)

A close 2nd is the Judy Dyble vocals version of I Talk to the Wind (found on the Young Persons guide to King Crimson).....

Glad you're diggin' it Snood! So you're going in chronological order? Very nice. Lizard is one of my favorites and one of SW's best mixes in the series IMO. Yes's Jon Anderson is featured on one of the tracks. Great stuff.

Glad you're diggin' it Snood! So you're going in chronological order? Very nice. Lizard is one of my favorites and one of SW's best mixes in the series IMO. Yes's Jon Anderson is featured on one of the tracks. Great stuff.

Yep going in order - figured as a KC noob that would be the best way to understand their evolution and differing members. :banana:

Snood listens to LIZARD!!!!

Loved it - it is Snood's fave out of the first 3 :banana:

Loved the drums - loved the jazzy experimental rock stuff going............

Some points of the last song were mellow drawn out but it picked up on certain parts and at the end. The surround sound was reaaaaaaaaaallly goooooooooood

onto Islands :51banana:

Snood listens to LIZARD!!!!

Loved it - it is Snood's fave out of the first 3 :banana:

Loved the drums - loved the jazzy experimental rock stuff going............

Some points of the last song were mellow drawn out but it picked up on certain parts and at the end. The surround sound was reaaaaaaaaaallly goooooooooood

onto Islands :51banana:

Hey Snood,

How's about making a list and posting your scores for these albums here in this thread?

Hey Snood,

How's about making a list and posting your scores for these albums here in this thread?

By scores you mean on scale of 1 to 10.........I voted on the polls

But.......

Court 8...but thinking maybe more a 7.6...comparing it to Wake
Wake 8.5
Lizard was 9 but a 9.4 becuz of the surround

Hesitant to do 10s...........must be knockout content, surround and likey -but did like lizards surround enough to bump it up.

By scores you mean on scale of 1 to 10.........I voted on the polls

But.......

Court 8...but thinking maybe more a 7.6...comparing it to Wake
Wake 8.5
Lizard was 9 but a 9.4 becuz of the surround

Hesitant to do 10s...........must be knockout content, surround and likey -but did like lizards surround enough to bump it up.

Yup, if it's not too much trouble...Your comments lead me to believe we have similar tastes so if you post your scores here it will be easy to compare to the discs I have/don't have. Plus you can use decimals!..Thanks :)

Snood, reserve the 10s for Larks and Red. I hope you'll be really surprised about how KC quickly evolves into a completely different beast in the next records.
Plus, if you liked Lizard's drums, wait and listen Jaime Muir and Bill Bruford together!

Yup, if it's not too much trouble...Your comments lead me to believe we have similar tastes so if you post your scores here it will be easy to compare to the discs I have/don't have. Plus you can use decimals!..Thanks :)

Oooooooooooh that is a lot of pressure. Snood have lotta different tastes in tunes. Beatles, Elvis Costello, Better than Ezra, Zep, Crowded House, Thin Lizzy and list goes on and on............So this KC is a lil diff, but am digging it so far. It definitely is mood/atmosphere music - definitely not party music lol altho it would be interesting to put this stuff on at a Smooth jazz Kenny G type party and watch the reactions. :yikes Groon and Cat Food would be perfect..........so yeah let us know what you think also PK. :banana:

Snood, reserve the 10s for Larks and Red. I hope you'll be really surprised about how KC quickly evolves into a completely different beast in the next records.
Plus, if you liked Lizard's drums, wait and listen Jaime Muir and Bill Bruford together!

Gotta get thru Islands first before Larks then Bible to Red

Wondering how the Adrian Belew stuff is and what everyone thinks is the best Belew KC release is............was planning on going only thru Discipline and Maybe Beat to see how Snood likes the Belew stuff...........then go from there if me likey :mad:@:.

Oh and thinking the Surround mixes stopped at Discipline right??? Which would suck for Snood

OK Snood's Islands Review................beware you may not understand Snood's reaction

First off let me tell you that I put off listening to my New Beatles Vinyl Mono Box due to Blue.Monk strong arming me into continuing my cosmic KC journey, while Blue.Monk gets to listen to his Mono Box :rolleyes: - Oh well will get back to The Beatle stuff soon enough

ummmm

yeah....well

SNOOOOOOOOOOD LOVED IT :yikes - well most of it - the first song Formentera Lady was like some of the mellower Court or Wake stuff............

but then the next 3 songs were amongst their best so far

and the final song altho mellow was good mood stuff really enjoyed.............

So it is very close to being my fave - Lizard or Islands?? How messed up is that??

Loved the extra cuts and Live cuts too........still have some other stuff to listen to on it, but the 5.1 album proper is very very good.

OK you may start the flaming of Snood :flame

onto Larks........

Understandable reaction! All King Crimson records are amazing and, until the 80's, for me it's complicated to pick up the one I like the most. I think it's just a matter of being in the mood for a certain disc. Islands was the first Crimson record I bought and it has got a certain melancholic mood that transports me back to rainy days in my home town, by the sea. Sailors tale is a masterpiece!
I'm curious to see your reaction to Larks and Red.

Glad to see the KC beast is growing inside you. Beware! You may end up buying all the boxsets :)

OK Snood's Islands Review................beware you may not understand Snood's reaction

First off let me tell you that I put off listening to my New Beatles Vinyl Mono Box due to Blue.Monk strong arming me into continuing my cosmic KC journey, while Blue.Monk gets to listen to his Mono Box :rolleyes: - Oh well will get back to The Beatle stuff soon enough

ummmm

yeah....well

SNOOOOOOOOOOD LOVED IT :yikes - well most of it - the first song Formentera Lady was like some of the mellower Court or Wake stuff............

but then the next 3 songs were amongst their best so far

and the final song altho mellow was good mood stuff really enjoyed.............

So it is very close to being my fave - Lizard or Islands?? How messed up is that??

Loved the extra cuts and Live cuts too........still have some other stuff to listen to on it, but the 5.1 album proper is very very good.

OK you may start the flaming of Snood :flame

onto Larks........

Islands was the 4th or 5th album I ever bought, I think its brilliant, every KC album is distinct (KoTCK & Islands are my favourites, but then I really like Red, Starless.......etc.). So it looks like you've now caught the KC bug :banana:

ummmm

yeah....well

SNOOOOOOOOOOD LOVED IT

Glad to hear it Snood! Well, you've earned a Beatles break. Check out Revolution on Mono Masters. Much heavier than the stereo version with a guitar tone even Mr. Fripp would envy!

Back