What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you all know, I'm waiting on a LOT. But, my copy of the deluxe box of Stone Temple Pilots - CORE has just shipped. I should have it shortly early next week. :)

Hmmmmm

All the Pink Floyd Boxes
Tango in The Night - Mac Box - not Surround
Gentle Giant - Suite
Simon Garfunkle - Bridge SACD - Mystery SACD :rolleyes:
Alan Parsons Box
Pineapple Thief
ELO - Out of the Blue Picture Disc - had to throw that in
Gilmore - Live New one
Styx - Pieces of Eight - SACD Stereo

Turiya Alice Coltrane & Devadip Carlos Santana - Illuminations UK SACD Hybrid Multi-channel

Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway & If the Shoe Fits UK SACD Hybrid Multi-channel

Return to Forever - Musicmagic UK SACD Hybrid Multi-channel

Pinchas Zukerman/The English Chamber Orchestra

Vivaldi: The Four Seasons & Vivaldi: Concertos Nos. 5, 6, 7 and 8

The Dutton Vocalion Multi-Channel SACD

Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky [deluxe box]
REM - Automatic For The People [deluxe]
Bill Bruford - Seems Like A Lifetime Ago [box]
Rush - A Farewell To Kings [box w/Wilson mix]

From Vocalion

Danny Davis & The Nashville Brass - Travelin' & Caribbean Cruise [SACD]
Hugo Montenegro - Love Theme from The Godfather & Music from A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly [SACD ]
Hugo Montenegro - Others By Brothers & Scenes and Themes [SACD]
Deodato - Prelude & Deodato 2 [SACD]
The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers [SACD]

Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky [deluxe box]
REM - Automatic For The People [deluxe]
Bill Bruford - Seems Like A Lifetime Ago [box]
Rush - A Farewell To Kings [box w/Wilson mix]

From Vocalion

Danny Davis & The Nashville Brass - Travelin' & Caribbean Cruise [SACD]
Hugo Montenegro - Love Theme from The Godfather & Music from A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly [SACD ]
Hugo Montenegro - Others By Brothers & Scenes and Themes [SACD]
Deodato - Prelude & Deodato 2 [SACD]
The Cecil Holmes Soulful Sounds - The Black Motion Picture Experience & Music for Soulful Lovers [SACD]

Oops - I need to add INXS - Kick
What the heck else am I waiting on....

-Pineapple Thief "Where We Stood" Blu-Ray
-Bill Bruford "Seems Like A Lifetime Ago" Box Set
-King Crimson "Sailors' Tales" Box Set
-INXS "Kick" (30th Anniversary Box Set)
-R.E.M. "Automatic for the People" (25th Anniversary Box Set)
-XTC "Black Sea" (CD/Blu-Ray)
-Alan Parsons Project "Eye in the Sky" (35th Anniversary Box Set)
-Eagles "Hotel California" (40th Anniversary Box Set)*
-RUSH "A Farewell to Kings" (40th Anniversary Box Set)

Might buy: Moody Blues "Days of Future Passed" (50th Anniversary Set)

*may wait to Christmas for that one

:)

-Pineapple Thief "Where We Stood" Blu-Ray
-Bill Bruford "Seems Like A Lifetime Ago" Box Set
-King Crimson "Sailors' Tales" Box Set
-INXS "Kick" (30th Anniversary Box Set)
-R.E.M. "Automatic for the People" (25th Anniversary Box Set)
-XTC "Black Sea" (CD/Blu-Ray)
-Alan Parsons Project "Eye in the Sky" (35th Anniversary Box Set)
-Eagles "Hotel California" (40th Anniversary Box Set)*
-RUSH "A Farewell to Kings" (40th Anniversary Box Set)

Might buy: Moody Blues "Days of Future Passed" (50th Anniversary Set)

*may wait to Christmas for that one

:)

I'm confused...Amazon US lists the 50th anniversary set. But I think the listing is wrong. $25.64 for the 2CD/DVD with 5.1 edition?? That seems way too cheap....what gives? Is it a new mix?

link

I'm confused...Amazon US lists the 50th anniversary set. But I think the listing is wrong. $25.64 for the 2CD/DVD with 5.1 edition?? That seems way too cheap....what gives? Is it a new mix?

link

It's not a new mix.
It's the same mix as featured on the 2006 SACD release, a Quadraphonic mix converted to 5.1 surround (with very faint center and LFE channel feeds)

It's not a new mix.
It's the same mix as featured on the 2006 SACD release, a Quadraphonic mix converted to 5.1 surround (with very faint center and LFE channel feeds)

Why does this press release call it new then?

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Moody Blues' Days Of Future Passed will be celebrated with an expanded 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition to be released November 17 by UMe. The deluxe 2CD/DVD and digital audio edition features the album's newly restored original 1967 stereo mix, which makes its CD debut here. Due to a damaged master tape of the original mix, the album was remixed in stereo in 1972; this later mix has been used for the album's subsequent CD reissues. Today's technology has allowed for the original stereo master to be repaired, and the new 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition pairs that original album mix with the 1972 stereo mix. The commemorative set also features nine BBC Radio session performances, as well as a DVD with a new 5.1 surround sound mix derived from the album's original 1972 Quad mix

Why does this press release call it new then?

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Moody Blues' Days Of Future Passed will be celebrated with an expanded 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition to be released November 17 by UMe. The deluxe 2CD/DVD and digital audio edition features the album's newly restored original 1967 stereo mix, which makes its CD debut here. Due to a damaged master tape of the original mix, the album was remixed in stereo in 1972; this later mix has been used for the album's subsequent CD reissues. Today's technology has allowed for the original stereo master to be repaired, and the new 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition pairs that original album mix with the 1972 stereo mix. The commemorative set also features nine BBC Radio session performances, as well as a DVD with a new 5.1 surround sound mix derived from the album's original 1972 Quad mix

"Derived from the album's original 1972 Quad mix" means it's not a new mix.
It's still the same Quadraphonic mix, just with very faint center and LFE feeds as on the 2006 SACD release.

Seems to me I only have the DTS CD...so, is this particular mix better than the DTS CD?

Can't be that much better or worse because the DTS CD is also the 1970s Quadraphonic mix converted to 5.1
The only difference can be how they are mastered.

"Derived from the album's original 1972 Quad mix" means it's not a new mix.
It's still the same Quadraphonic mix, just with very faint center and LFE feeds as on the 2006 SACD release.

And previously released on DVD as part of the Timeless Flight box set.

What a shame they didn't go blu-ray with the un-adorned quad mix.

Bull Moose has Steven Wilson - Get All You Deserve listed for $13.97 or so. It's a preorder. Only their description only says CD with no reference to the fact that I believe it is the 2CD/Bluray combo...same one now offered on Burning Shed.

Anyway, I ordered from the Moose in hopes that it is the combo version. I also sent them an email and told them they need to update their description. At least it has the exact same catalogue number as the Shed....

MOOSE & Wilson

Just won a couple of ebay auctions and scored brand new copies of
The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots & At War With The Mystics.:banana:

Back