What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marillion F.E.A.R. SACD... read enough decent reviews here to take a chance... only about $15 from Import CDs (plus I love to futz around with mixes in Audacity)

Woo-hoo. Going to be a good week.

Tomorrow, I will receive Bill Bruford box set

Then, Thursday, Bull Moose will be shipping out:

R.E.M. - Automatic For The People
Spock's Beard - Snow Live (blu-ray)

Good stuff man....

By the end of the week, I should have both "Automatic for the People" (R.E.M.) and "Sailors' Tales" (King Crimson)
Both should be wonderful box sets, with no vinyl adding to the expense!

:)

How long will it take you to listen to ALL the music on Sailors Tales?:couch

Lol, good question. I still haven't listened to all of the audio in the other box sets yet, haha

I have had the "Sailors' Tales" Blu-Rays for a few months now (for testing purposes) and I still haven't made it through all the live shows on the "Islands" and "Earthbound" Blu-Rays.

I have however listened to all of the studio outtakes on those Blu-Rays, and there's a lot of interesting gems to be found.

My new OPPO UHD 205 Universal Player.....REGION FREE

And about 15 BD~Vs, SACDs and BD~As

And I need an additional 4 MORE hours in the day in which I can WATCH and LISTEN to all these new acquisitions.:yikes

Woo Hoo! The Moose is loose.

REM - Automatic
Spock's Beard - SNOW

Out for delivery...today.

Is that the Spock's Beard bluray that you're getting? My finger has been hovering over the buy button for that one, so I'm interested in reports on the sound of it.

So when the loose moose arrives aboot your hoose, could you report back please :).

Is that the Spock's Beard bluray that you're getting? My finger has been hovering over the buy button for that one, so I'm interested in reports on the sound of it.

So when the loose moose arrives aboot your hoose, could you report back please :).

Yep, it's the bearded blu-ray. I will for sure report back.

Yep, it's the bearded blu-ray. I will for sure report back.

Just checking out the album "Snow" by Spock's beard on youtube... great sounding tunes! How does everyone hear about these bands?! And how do so many good bands go under my radar, lol?!

GOS, is it the "Snow-Live" Blu-ray that you're waiting on (one reviewer on amazon said it was stereo only), or is it a different release?

Rolling Stones: Their Satanic Majesties Request [50th Anniversary edition: Japan 2 SACDs [Mono/Stereo] 7" Packaging with lenticular cover
The Flying Burrito Brothers: Gilded Palace of Sin [Stereo SACD]
Rafael Kubelik: Beethoven Symphonies 1 & 4 [Pentatone DGG QUAD SACD]
Evanescence: Synthesis [Limited Edition Box set w/ 5.1 remix]
6 Dutton Vocalion classical QUAD SACDs
Cabin In The Woods [UHD 4K remaster]
Blade Runner 2049 [limited edition 2D/3D Steelbook edition]
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets [limited edition 2D/3D Steelbook]
2 Genuine Leather belts from MACY's.:yikes [If you're going to authoritatively wear the pants in the house best to keep them UP]

5 more major releases are coming out between now and the end of the year (not counting the North American release of "Kick" by INXS on Black Friday, which I have on order via amazon) so which releases are you getting?

-RUSH "A Farewell to Kings" (Box Set with Steven Wilson 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) [on order via amazon]
-Eagles "Hotel California" (Box Set with 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) [on order via amazon, but may wait until Christmas]
-XTC "Black Sea" (CD/Blu-Ray edition) [on order via Burning Shed]
-Alan Parsons Project "Eye in the Sky" (Box Set with 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray) [on order via amazon]
-Moody Blues "Days of Future Passed" (2CD/DVD 50th anniversary edition) [may pick up locally if available this weekend]

hahaha - totally forgot I even ordered this one....just got notice from Amazon that it shipped. this is the 50th anniversary version with a few alternate mixes of the songs.
3 disc CD/DVD version

Moody.jpg

Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac now available for preorder in deluxe edition with a 5.1 dvd finally. I read the surround mix was done over 15 years ago. Preordered from amazon UK. Around 56 in US dollars. It's about half the price of the amazon US listing. It was the same way with Tusk. Makes no sense to me. Took Tusk about 7 days to reach eastern US. January 19, 2018 release date. Can't wait.

It's going to be an expensive few weeks for me!

"Kick" (INXS) and "Hotel California" (Eagles) are arriving tomorrow!
"A Farewell to Kings" (RUSH) and "Eye in the Sky" (Alan Parsons Project) arrive next Friday!
Finally, "Black Sea" (XTC) should hopefully arrive from the UK between this Friday and next Friday!

And after December 1st, that will be a wrap for 2017!

For delivery, so far, only XTC “Black Sea” (Amazon US and Burning Shed) and R.E.M. “Out Of Time” (Amazon UK).

Also, I’m still waiting to see if this is the weekend that I finally listen to the latest Steven Wilson deluxe box set (minus the included vinyl since I don’t have a turntable), for which I purchased two of, and The Beatles “SGT. Pepper’s” box set for which are still unopened among some other stuff I purchased. :yikes

Back