What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally the same. Even though I don't listen to the Tull or YES titles very often....I love them. They both have boat loads of talent, and the music shows that. I can appreciate that. With XTC, I'm pretty sure they have lots of talent...but because I just can't get into the music....I'm sort of blinded.

I just spent an excruciating 45 minutes the other night listening to a current MLP DVD~A 5.1 title released by a poster on this site [and NO, it wasn't EB's album which I admire] which set me back $27. LESSON LEARNED: Just because an album is in surround doesn't mean it's worth one's time. For that same money, I bought 3 limited edition Steelbook BD~Vs from UK's ZAVVI which I enjoyed immensely....and had money left over to purchase marpow's recommended RBCD COLLECTIVE SOUL LIVE.....77 minutes of GREAT musicianship. :banana:

Just ordered a couple more from Vocalion.

Ray C - Alone Again/Godfather
Chet ATkins - Superpickers

Woo hoo - can't wait. This takes me up to 28 Vocalion titles I've purchased. :)

still waiting for the Fleetwood Mac box.
every day, another sigh...

glad to see so many enjoy it, for me this was one of the great glorious albums of 1975...and I still love it very much.

I was waiting on 2 discs from Vocalion....Superpickers and Ray Conniff/Alone Again/Godfather.

Received today, both discs and cases in perfect condition. So, I chose no tracking shipping and got it in 15 days from order day. I'd say that's about the fastest I've ever received something from them...

The Horses, of courses......and "New Adventures in Hi Fi" which completes my REM collection after all these years since they were released. Have been re-listening to them a lot lately. Now...its only Dulby, but I'm also waiting on a relatively rare "Psychedelic Furs: Live from the House of Blues" dvd. I loved the Furs back in the 80's....unique voice shall we say, in Richard Butler!

I'm waiting on everything until the Thanksgiving/Christmas time period...
But, purchased today:

Marillion - Brave
Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses
Al De Meola - Consequence of Chaos
Ohio Players - Fire
Hans Zimmer - Live at Prauge
Chet Atkins - Superpickers/Picks the Best
Michael Legrand - Twenty Songs
Art Garfunkel - Breakaway

Recently purchased:
Led Zeppelin - How the West Was Won
Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere
Lacuna Coil - Visual Karma
Yes - Magnification
Kodo - Mondo Head
Eric Clapton - Give Me Strength Box

As of right now, the only thing I have on order is “Fish Out Of Water”, but I will also purchase the new “Barclay James Harvest” deluxe edition as soon as it is available from amazon.

What I’m really waiting on is more announcements!

:)

Yes...I may have gone off the deep end...lmao

Just placed an order for a vocal ensemble......it does have Auro 3D so that will be fun....and I do sort of find vocal ensembles mesmerizing in a "I did used to go to church every Sunday back in the day" sort of way.

Editorial Reviews
Skylark is a premiere vocal ensemble of leading American vocal soloists, chamber musicians, and music educators. Skylarks music has been described as: sublimely beautiful (Opera Obsession) engrossing...reaches in through the ribs and grips the vitals (Q2/WQXR NY) leave a hardened critic near tears (Boston Music Intelligencer) With some of Bostons best singers (Boston Globe) Skylark can sway you softly into calm and then all but throw you across the room with sheer harmonic force (Thought Catalog) The Project SEVEN: words from the cross, is a diverse and innovative program of music for Good Friday, pairing music from the United States with choral music from other parts of the world. This highly original album progresses through the scriptural seven last words of Christ on the Cross, pairing the music of William Billings and the Sacred Harp with the music of contemporary composers Anna Thorvaldsdottir and Jaakko Mantyjarvi.

I kept forgetting to post this one, which I've had on preorder FOREVER. Perhaps Brian Moura has more information on when it will be available and/or why it's been delayed. Joe "King" Oliver gave Louis his big break. Although Louis Armstrong was proficient when he met the King, Satchmo grew enormously while in Oliver's band.
View attachment 18827
Satchmo Plays King Oliver

Satchmo Plays King Oliver was just released on Vinyl LP by Acoustic Sounds.

Chatted with Acoustic Sounds last week during AXPONA about the album. They tell me the Hybrid Stereo SACD edition of Satchmo Plays King Oliver is planned for release this summer.
As is the case with SACDs, the actual release date depends on getting on the schedule for one of the Sony DADC SACD pressing lines (Austria or Japan).

Back