What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the orders I've placed that have not shipped yet are Steven Wilson (should ship this week), Pineapple Thief (just delayed a month) and David Gilmour (released next month). Oh yeah, and I guess that ELP box even though I have the 5.1 stuff in it already.

:( I am waiting on delays!

Amazon US did not recieve their allotment of Wilson's "To The Bone" yet. Pre-Order? The time frame is now reported as "usually ships within 1 to 3 weeks". WTF - I thought one of the reasons you sign with the majors is to help make distribution more efficient.

Plus the reported delay in the Pineapple Thief's "Where We Stood". I am pretty excited for this one.
Plus + Plus:
* Pre-order news for standalone "Eye in the Sky"
* Confirmation there will be a 5.1 mix for Roxy Music's 1st
* I know this one is a ways off but I am waiting for Marillion's "Brave".

I am so impatient-
To quote Veruca Salt - "I want an Umpa Lumpa and I want it NOW!"

Steven Wilson - To the Bone, arriving today from Burning Shed. Coming soon Jeff Beck - Hollywood Bowl, David Gilmour - Pompeii, Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers Live, The Who - Tommy Live.

Steven Wilson - To the Bone, arriving today from Burning Shed. Coming soon Jeff Beck - Hollywood Bowl, David Gilmour - Pompeii, Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers Live, The Who - Tommy Live.
One I had forgotten about that has arrived today, Genesis - A Trick of the Tail. Audio/Visual DVD, CD.

Edit to add, Bummer, the DVD is Region 1, had to do a conversion. Bought the disc off eBay, I don't know if it's just me but there has been something wrong with everything I've bought from there.

Last edited:
-The Doors: "The Singles" (2 CDs, plus "The Best of the Doors" Quadraphonic mix on Blu-Ray)
-Gentle Giant: "Three Piece Suite" (CD & Blu-Ray)
-Emerson, Lake & Palmer: "Fanfare 1970-1997" Box Set (includes 5.1 mixes of "Emerson Lake & Palmer", "Tarkus", "Trilogy", and "Brain Salad Surgery" on Blu-Ray)
-The Pineapple Thief: "Where We Stood" Blu-Ray (includes 5.1 mixes of "Your Wilderness" and "8 Years Later")
-Bill Bruford: "Seems Like A Lifetime Ago" Box Set (includes 5.1 mixes of "Feels Good to Me" and "One Of A Kind" on DVD)
-Alan Parsons Project: "Eye in the Sky" box set (includes 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray)

and other things... ;)

-The Doors: "The Singles" (2 CDs, plus "The Best of the Doors" Quadraphonic mix on Blu-Ray)
-Gentle Giant: "Three Piece Suite" (CD & Blu-Ray)
-Emerson, Lake & Palmer: "Fanfare 1970-1997" Box Set (includes 5.1 mixes of "Emerson Lake & Palmer", "Tarkus", "Trilogy", and "Brain Salad Surgery" on Blu-Ray)
-The Pineapple Thief: "Where We Stood" Blu-Ray (includes 5.1 mixes of "Your Wilderness" and "8 Years Later")
-Bill Bruford: "Seems Like A Lifetime Ago" Box Set (includes 5.1 mixes of "Feels Good to Me" and "One Of A Kind" on DVD)
-Alan Parsons Project: "Eye in the Sky" box set (includes 5.1 mix on Blu-Ray)

and other things... ;)

Mine is mostly identical. Except, I haven't ordered Fanfare ELP. No temptations now....don't need them....do I? ;)

The Doors- "The Singles" (2 CDs, plus "The Best of the Doors" Blu-Ray).

Be-Bop Deluxe- "Futurist Manifesto: Harvest Years 1974 - 1978" (5 stereo cd's). I bought the "Drastic Plastic" LP when it was released in 1978 but never got around to buying any other B-BD albums. After reading about them in another thread here at QQ, I pulled out the LP and gave it a listen (been decades since I last played it). Since I really liked it I decided to order the box set. Planning on giving "Drastic Plastic" my first try with SpecWeb 1.5. :D

Doors: The Singles [2 RBCD/BD~A 4.0]
Steve Wilson: To The Bone [BD~A only]
Pineapple Thief: Where We Stood [BD~A/V]
Miles Davis: A Tribute To Jack Johnson [MoFi Stereo SACD]
Procol Harum: A Salty Dog [MoFi Stereo SACD]
Simon & Garfunkel: Bridge Over Troubled Water [SONY Japan QUAD SACD]
Carole King: Tapestry [SONY Japan 5.1 SACD]
Sir Adrian Boult/London Ambrosian Singers: The Planets [Warner Japan Stereo SACD]
Chick Corea/Gary Burton: Crystal Silence: The ECM Recordings 1972~79 [ECM: 4 RBCDs] http://www.deepdiscount.com/crystal-silence-reissue-4-discs/602517680579
Eva Cassidy: Nightbird* [3 pc UK Import incl. DVD] http://www.importcds.com/nightbird/739341020926

*For Eva Cassidy fans this is an amazing release and incredibly well priced @ $8.39

Can I ask where (from the U.S.A.) one can order this title from: Simon & Garfunkel: Bridge Over Troubled Water [SONY Japan QUAD SACD]?

Can I ask where (from the U.S.A.) one can order this title from: Simon & Garfunkel: Bridge Over Troubled Water [SONY Japan QUAD SACD]?

Amazon JP...you have to set up new acct but it works. Total with shipping is 5150 yen ($47.50 USD)

On the way is Deep Purple's Stormbringer

This DTS quad album really sounded better on my Oppo 103 than I'd did on my previous Denon DVD-A player. It needs to be player loud with a touch of treble, and then it cranks.

Back