What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Floyd boxes, all but 1968....I couldn't pull the trigger on so much repetition in that set. On the bright side, I discovered my relatively inexpensive Samsung BR player, bought for analog outputs... also does DVD-A. Not a mention in the manual, but ELP's Trilogy plays wonderfully when I tried it for the heck of it. SACD, No....no universal player there.

SACD....

Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert
The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed (SHM-SACD)
The Doobie Brothers - Minute By Minute
The Doobie Brothers - The Very Best of
The Doobie Brothers - One Step Closer
Santana - Lotus (Japan multi-channel version)
"My Fair Lady" OST (2017 Hong Kong Sony Music single-layer reissue)
Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin & Paco De Lucia - Friday Night in San Francisco (2017 Hong Kong Sony Music single-layer reissue)

SACD....

Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert
The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed (SHM-SACD)
The Doobie Brothers - Minute By Minute
The Doobie Brothers - The Very Best of
The Doobie Brothers - One Step Closer
Santana - Lotus (Japan multi-channel version)
"My Fair Lady" OST (2017 Hong Kong Sony Music single-layer reissue)
Al Di Meola, John McLaughlin & Paco De Lucia - Friday Night in San Francisco (2017 Hong Kong Sony Music single-layer reissue)

VERY nice selection, soundboy. I have an older Japanese RBCD pressing of the Köln Concert and just checked CDJapan's website thinking they might have reissued it on SACD.....but nay......can't understand why not. The latest incarnation is the Japanese UHQ RBCD reissue......also a few SHM~CD reissues. Why they never released this masterpiece on hi res physical disc (except as a hi res download on HDTracks) is truly perplexing.

Nine Herb Alpert CD's:
In the Mood
Come Fly With Me
Human Nature
Coney Island
Main Event live w/Hugh Masakela
You Smile, the Song Begins
Summertime
Warm
The Brass Are Comin'

Don Ellis CD's:
My Funny Valentine
Polish Radio Jazz Archives Vol. 2 - Polish CD
Live in India

Coke - Coke Escovedo Japan CD
More Than a New Discovery (original mono mix) - Laura Nyro Japan CD
Live at the Bottom Line '77 - Blood, Sweat & Tears UK CD
Ebbets Field '74 - Moby Grape CD drops April 21st
New Road Under My Wheels - Jerry Miller CD
Live at Lobero Theatre - Peter Lewis & David West German CD
Spirit of '76 - Spirit UK 2 CD

La Piedra Del Sol - Azteca DVD

3D The Catalogue - Kraftwerk 4 Blu-Ray

The 12 x 12-inch Deluxe Blu-Ray/Book edition features four Blu-Ray discs and a 236-page hardback art-book containing computer generated images from the 3-D multi-media performances alongside a selection of unseen photos. Two blu-rays cover the album performances, the other two discs contain tour films and projections. Everything is 3D but compatible with standard 2D. These all have Dolby Atmos 5.1 audio too, if you’re amp is compatible! The total running time is 436 minutes.

CD Japan said that Lotus 4.0 SACD has shipped. Haven't seen it yet. Yesterday, I received the Doobie Brothers SACD's that they claim to have shipped with it.

Pink Floyd!!

1965-1967 Cambridge St/ation
1970 Devi/ation

I finally caved in! What was I waiting for? The price to sky-rocket? :banana:

I have had the 1970 set for about a month now, and I can definitely say that it's my favorite set of the bunch (mostly because of the Quadraphonic mix of "Atom Heart Mother" but there's a lot of other good video clips too.)
I just ordered the 1965-67 Tuesday night from amazon.com, so it's supposed to be arriving this afternoon!
That means that I just need to buy the 1968 set after that, and I have the full set of individual releases!
(I really wanted the 1968 set to be my next purchase instead of the 1965-67 set, but they were practically the same price, and since the 1965-67 set had more CDs than the 1968 set, that's why I went with the 65-67 set first.)

:)

I have had the 1970 set for about a month now, and I can definitely say that it's my favorite set of the bunch (mostly because of the Quadraphonic mix of "Atom Heart Mother" but there's a lot of other good video clips too.)
I just ordered the 1965-67 Tuesday night from amazon.com, so it's supposed to be arriving this afternoon!
That means that I just need to buy the 1968 set after that, and I have the full set of individual releases!
(I really wanted the 1968 set to be my next purchase instead of the 1965-67 set, but they were practically the same price, and since the 1965-67 set had more CDs than the 1968 set, that's why I went with the 65-67 set first.)

:)

I chose 65-67 due my fascination with Syd Barrett. I love that era, so easy purchase for me.

Back