What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Clint! I have that one and it only makes me wish I could have the whole Trouble Man album in multichannel. It's my favourite of his. It's also why I hope that one day I'll get to hear Stanley Turrentine's Don't Mess With Mister T. in glorious Quad. I should be getting the Blu-Ray of Let's Get It On shortly.

I bought that disc for $1.00 plus $3.99 shipping on amazon...it was in very good condition that looked new...I didn't expect much because it was so cheap...I don't know how many people I have told to buy that disc...quite a few...

This is what I'll be enjoying as soon as they are delivered:

The Doors - The Doors - CD (DCC Japan) Best digital version out there, end of. Hoffman really hit a mutha of a home run with that one.
The Doors - L.A. Woman - DVD-A (first mix, not the Perception mix)
The Doors - Best Of (Quad) - SACD (Audio Fidelity)
The Guess Who - The Best Of The Guess Who (Quad) - SACD (Audio Fidelity)
Mike Bloomfield, Al Kooper - Super Sessions - SACD (Audio Fidelity)
Blood, Sweat & Tears - Blood, Sweat & Tears - SACD (Audio Fidelity)
Blood, Sweat & Tears - Child Is Father To Man - SACD (Audio Fidelity)
The Moody Blues - Every Good Boy Deserves Favour - SACD
Pink Floyd - The Endless River - Blu-Ray Audio
Roger Waters - Amused To Death - SACD
Roger Waters - Amused To Death - Blu-Ray Audio
Queen - The Game - DVD-A
INXS - Greatest Video Hits - DVD-V (with the 5.1 mixes)
R.E.M. - Reveal - DVD-A (to replace the one I bought a while back and is now corrupted)
Bjork - Vespertine - DVD-A
Bjork - Volta - DVD-A
The Crystal Method - Legion Of Boom - DVD-A
Aretha Franklin - The Best Of Aretha Franklin (Quad) - DVD-V (Rhino Handmade)
Miles Davis - In A Silent Way (MFSL) - SACD
Miles Davis - In A Silent Way (5.1 - Sony) - SACD (Can't wait to compare this one with the 5.1 Japan SACD I already have)
Miles Davis - Get Up With It (Japan) - SACD
The Temptation - Cloud Nine - CD (John Matousek 1986 master)
Marvin Gaye - Trouble Man & M.P.G. - Two-Fer CD (Tom Baker 1986 master)
Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine & I Want You - Two-Fer CD (Tom Baker 1986 master)

I think that's it for now... ;)

I think I'm in for a treat with many of these.

Since you like Miles...I've been having a lot of fun with this one...the performance on that one is special...sonic guality is good for it's age...but you buy that one for the music...running time is 1hour and 51 minutes of intense music..

Since you like Miles...I've been having a lot of fun with this one...the performance on that one is special...sonic guality is good for it's age...but you buy that one for the music...running time is 1hour and 51 minutes of intense music..

I do like Miles, Clint, but mostly his electric phase (though not all of it), although I do enjoy Ascenseur pour l'échafaud quite a lot because it was a glimpse of what he could do out of his comfort zone and Seven Steps To Heaven. I must confess never really having enjoyed his Blue Note material (like Coltrane's), but I do thank you for the recommendation. :)

Now that fredblue has taken his purchasing skills to the vinyl area...you can be his heir to the "frequency" buying throne on this side of the forum.....just kidding....no one will actually replace Adam...but you can grab some serious airtime with your purchase habits

Be careful what you wish for. You'll really get me going with the classical releases. This place will be inundated with the stuff. LOL! Just kiddin! :ugham: I'll try to behave. ;)

But, you're right. No one can replace Adam. He has done so much for QQ and beyond...

A big, warm "THANK YOU!" to you, Adam. :wave

Now that fredblue has taken his purchasing skills to the vinyl area...you can be his heir to the "frequency" buying throne on this side of the forum.....just kidding....no one will actually replace Adam...but you can grab some serious airtime with your purchase habits

Haha! I'm replaced already! Yeay! I'm a bar stool kinda fella rather than a throne anyway! ..and besides, 'Lute' is only just getting War Of The Worlds! He's got to get it again in German and again in Spanish and then get the Super Deluxe box set (which I don't have but others here do!) that really separates the men from the boys! I'm still a boy! (stretching it..) :D

Be careful what you wish for. You'll really get me going with the classical releases. This place will be inundated with the stuff. LOL! Just kiddin! :ugham: I'll try to behave. ;)

But, you're right. No one can replace Adam. He has done so much for QQ and beyond...

A big, warm "THANK YOU!" to you, Adam. :wave

Thank you! and Best of British Luck to you my dear! :upthumb

I think I've done more for lining the pockets of all the sellers I've bought from over the years than anything else..
..but it's all been worth it, for my shelves may be groaning and my bank manager may be moaning but I'm filled with the love of human QQ-ness! :wave

I WUV YOU AAAALLLLLL..!!!!!!! :worthy

I love you all, too! It's great to be here with everyone on QQ.

:wave

Oh boy, you know me all too well. Yep, I just picked up several DVD-As and SACDs this 3-day holiday weekend here in Japan. Lots of nice sales!

And what am I waiting for...?

Jeff Wayne : The War of the Worlds - SACD
Stick Men : Deep - DVD-A
George Crumb: Makrokosmos I & II - SACD
Normality Killed the Cat - Dualdisc

Interested to see what you make of that Normality Killed The Cat disc..
(I thought it was a load of old toss!)
"Hey, you know that generic sound you were looking for..!?" :D

Haha! I'm replaced already! Yeay! I'm a bar stool kinda fella rather than a throne anyway! ..and besides, 'Lute' is only just getting War Of The Worlds! He's got to get it again in German and again in Spanish and then get the Super Deluxe box set (which I don't have but others here do!) that really separates the men from the boys! I'm still a boy! (stretching it..) :D

I guess I should be playing The Eagles: "New kid in town."

How I wish I were a kid again! LOL!

All the same, it's obvious that I've got a looooooong (stretching it) way to go. ;)

So, I'll just let you keep that golden 'lager' Bar Stool while I pour you another one. :brew

Interested to see what you make of that Normality Killed The Cat disc..
(I thought it was a load of old toss!)
"Hey, you know that generic sound you were looking for..!?" :D

Will do! I've been reading about it here long enough. And finally, Rammie twisted my arm, so I finally got off my keester and ordered. Looking forward to it.

Will do! I've been reading about it here long enough. And finally, Rammie twisted my arm, so I finally got off my keester and ordered. Looking forward to it.

Oh Rammie, Rammie, Rammie.. maybe we will see him when the other forum rolls the shutters down and calls it a day :(

I guess I should be playing The Eagles: "New kid in town."

How I wish I were a kid again! LOL!

All the same, it's obvious that I've got a looooooong (stretching it) way to go. ;)

So, I'll just let you keep that golden 'lager' Bar Stool while I pour you another one. :brew

Skip straight to "Pretty Discs In All A Row"..! :D

Cheers m'dear! Keep up the sterling work! :friday:

Aerosmith "Toys In The Attic" SACD (oh yeah!!)
David Bowie "Young Americans" CD/DVD Set
David Gilmour "Live In Gdansk" CD/DVD Set
Moody Blues "Question of Balance" SACD
and, of course, Amused To Death!

Wow, just read the reviews of this... Guess it's more like "nah, baby". At least it was under $40.:(

Yeah I was going to say that.

If only SW could remix those wonderful Santana albums in 5.1.

Back