What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
allman brothers seven turns CD

image.jpg

Gentle Giant - Power and The Glory ..... Backordered,,, :mad:
Johnny Hallyday - A la Vie a la Mort - HFPA Blu-ray

Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy SHM-SACD. I sure wish these superior transfer/masterings were available via download. Them discs from Japan is expensive!

And now I'm eyeing 10cc Deceptive Bends...

Snap!!!

I really hope Octopus is next.......:banana:

Yep, Octopus or Acquiring the Taste (y)

In the short term I'm also waiting on Opeth Pale Communion and Ian Anderson TAAB live bluray (both end of August) PLUS I AM AWAITING KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THE NEXT YES ONE IN THE SERIES IS!! :mad:@:

Still waiting on these from mailman:

Gentle Giant-Power and Glory Bluray
Tom Petty-Hypnotic Eye Bluray
Pink Floyd-WYWH Bluray

Have preordered :

Opeth - Pale Communion (Bluray)
Queen - Live at the Rainbow 74 (Bluray)

waiting for Pre order
Pink Floyd Endless River Bluray?
King Crimson - Beat (DVDA)
XTC - Durms and Wires, DVDA as well as Blu ray
Yes-October album unknown DVDA
Bryan Adams-Reckless

and albums that I am surprised Dennis Moore does not have on his pre preorder list:

2 80's albums SW mentioned(doesn't matter what they are,I will get them) hoping for Dvda

on cd

Pineapple Thief-Magnolia
Flying Colors-Second Nature
Queen - Live at the Rainbow 74(2 cd)

Oh yeh, I forgot I pre ordered the Queen Live 1974 blu ray too - what a setlist for that one - proper Queen !!

pre ordered cds:

Joe Bonamassa - Different Shades of Blue
Robert Plant - lullaby and the Ceaseless Roar

And also waiting on a good Friday night drink :friday:

Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy SHM-SACD. I sure wish these superior transfer/masterings were available via download. Them discs from Japan is expensive!

And now I'm eyeing 10cc Deceptive Bends...

I just gave the 10cc SHM a play (I'm getting the Platinum or Turquoise SHM's with the same DSD transfers as the SACDs for those albums that all fit on one CD, for better or worse) on first listen it strikes me as something of a mixed bag.. some tracks are bright and thin, others warm with lovely full bass.. not entirely sure what to make of it.. I need to give it a good few listens before I write it off. I'll also compare it to my old Phonogram CD (836 948-2) over the weekend.. but I suspect its one of those albums that needs a helping hand beyond the original recording. hmm..

I just gave the 10cc SHM a play (I'm getting the Platinum or Turquoise SHM's with the same DSD transfers as the SACDs for those albums that all fit on one CD, for better or worse) on first listen it strikes me as something of a mixed bag.. some tracks are bright and thin, others warm with lovely full bass.. not entirely sure what to make of it.. I need to give it a good few listens before I write it off. I'll also compare it to my old Phonogram CD (836 948-2) over the weekend.. but I suspect its one of those albums that needs a helping hand beyond the original recording. hmm..

Thanks Adam! It had gotten some good reviews on the SH forums but not the near universal praise that the Steely Dan title received. I may hold off. I was not overly impressed by the 10cc Original Soundtrack release from a few years ago.

I'm waiting for Tom Petty. Seems overdue. Maybe tomorrow? And how about the replacement part to fix my Moen kitchen faucet. I want water and I want it now.

Gentle Giant The Power and the Glory

I ordered it from Amazon and it should be here tomorrow (later today). This came with an AutoRip and so I listened to it while driving. The first run through wasn't very inspiring but the second resonated better. I'm looking forward to the surround mix, especially with the positive write ups here. I've never listened to anything the group did previously. I vaguely remember some of their album covers from the day, though I don't recall ever running across the music in my travels.

Still waiting on these from mailman:

Gentle Giant-Power and Glory Bluray
Tom Petty-Hypnotic Eye Bluray
Pink Floyd-WYWH Bluray

Have preordered :

Opeth - Pale Communion (Bluray)
Queen - Live at the Rainbow 74 (Bluray)

waiting for Pre order
Pink Floyd Endless River Bluray?
King Crimson - Beat (DVDA)
XTC - Durms and Wires, DVDA as well as Blu ray
Yes-October album unknown DVDA
Bryan Adams-Reckless

and albums that I am surprised Dennis Moore does not have on his pre preorder list:

2 80's albums SW mentioned(doesn't matter what they are,I will get them) hoping for Dvda

on cd

Pineapple Thief-Magnolia
Queen - Live at the Rainbow 74(2 cd)

You mentioned many recordings, which ones do you mean I should order?

Tom Petty. But I think I will be waiting forever. It apparently got lost early on in the shipping process. No tracking update since August 4th. Thanks for nothing importcds.com ... who haven't even responded to the paypal case.

Back