What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's Dolby Digital. Get the dts version.

Yes, the 30th Anniversary edition is not DVD-A, nor is it DTS. The DTS CD is a DIFFERENT MIX, as is the Q8. So, you're comparing apples and oranges.

Hee! Well, I've always had the DTS version, which I love...and I never really thought about getting the DD version but all this chatter tipped me over the edge. Soooo - just ordered a copy from Amazon and a third party and got it shipped for $12.65. I'd say that's money well spent. Can't wait to compare them... :)

Steve Miller.jpg

Hee! Well, I've always had the DTS version, which I love...and I never really thought about getting the DD version but all this chatter tipped me over the edge. Soooo - just ordered a copy from Amazon and a third party and got it shipped for $12.65. I'd say that's money well spent. Can't wait to compare them... :)

View attachment 26040

$9 Thanks all

I'm pretty sure there was a mention of DVD-A in marketing material for Tusk too. Someone seems to think DVD-A is a DVD with audio-only. They should use 'ADVD' or 'Audio-only DVD' - assuming it's the same as the Tusk disc, and I doubt it will be different.

That leaves the studio to release a Fleetwood Mac BDA hi-res set of the hit albums 'Quadio' style around 2019 after the current round of big box sets are completed :)

I'm pretty sure there was a mention of DVD-A in marketing material for Tusk too. Someone seems to think DVD-A is a DVD with audio-only. They should use 'ADVD' or 'Audio-only DVD' - assuming it's the same as the Tusk disc, and I doubt it will be different.

That leaves the studio to release a Fleetwood Mac BDA hi-res set of the hit albums 'Quadio' style around 2019 after the current round of big box sets are completed :)

"DVD-Audio-of-some-kind"

For the first time in a very long time........nothing.

Other than the next Audio Fidelity shipment, whenever/whatever that is.

I'm doing this again (for me), so here's an update:

-Simple Minds "New Gold Dream" (Blu-Ray Audio disc; ordered from amazon.co.uk)
-Barclay James Harvest "Everyone is Everybody Else" and "Gone to Earth" (ordered from Burning Shed)
-Fleetwood Mac "Mirage" (ordered from amazon.co.uk)
-Chicago Quadio Blu-Ray Box (ordered from amazon.com)
-Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" (Box Set with Blu-Ray; ordered from amazon.com)
-The Audio Fidelity SACD collection (ordered from amazon.com)

To be ordered soon:
-Anthony Phillips "1984"
-Big Big Train "Stone & Steel" (the North American friendly edition)
-Rob Reed "Sanctuary II"

:)

-Barclay James Harvest "Everyone is Everybody Else" and "Gone to Earth" (ordered from Burning Shed)

To be ordered soon:
-Anthony Phillips "1984"
-Rob Reed "Sanctuary II"

:D

5141328136_16d8f73ee7_b.jpg

A late breaking addition!

I have just ordered the new Analogue Productions SACD of "Head Hunters" by Herbie Hancock from amazon seller Puretone Audio
I tried going through one of the other SACD retailers, but all had their drawbacks.
Acoustic Sounds' shipping rate was too high. Elusive Disc's order page kept coming up as unavailable, and MusicDirect says the SACD is on a 4-6 week backorder, so the 3rd party amazon seller wins! :)

To be ordered soon:
-Anthony Phillips "1984"
-Rob Reed "Sanctuary II"

dang dude...Quadio from Amazon US? Aren't they high priced? :)

A late breaking addition!

I have just ordered the new Analogue Productions SACD of "Head Hunters" by Herbie Hancock from amazon seller Puretone Audio
I tried going through one of the other SACD retailers, but all had their drawbacks.
Acoustic Sounds' shipping rate was too high. Elusive Disc's order page kept coming up as unavailable, and MusicDirect says the SACD is on a 4-6 week backorder, so the 3rd party amazon seller wins! :)

Karl at Puretone is really good.
He's an active member over at SHF, have bought from him quite a few times.

dang dude...Quadio from Amazon US? Aren't they high priced? :)

It is, but I still have a month to stake out a better price, as long as the shipping time is short.
But then again, I also have a lot of amazon gift card money, so maybe I can use some of it to pay down the cost of the set.
I'm still deciding what to do for sure about this one! :)

It is, but I still have a month to stake out a better price, as long as the shipping time is short.
But then again, I also have a lot of amazon gift card money, so maybe I can use of it to pay down the cost of the set.

Ah, OK....gotcha.

But then again, I also have a lot of amazon gift card money, so maybe I can use some of it to pay down the cost of the set.

Rule of Thumb: Amazon used to have decent prices on BD~A and SACDs but NOT anymore. What they do excel at is great prices on BD~Vs....probably to compete with Best Buy, Walmart, B&N, etc. who don't really sell SACDs and BD~As.....or, if so, not in any appreciable quantities.

When I do order BD~As/SACDs thru AmazonUS, it's usually through third party vendors who do occasionally have some great prices.

Guaranteed, the Chicago Quadio BD~As will eventually dip below $100.....and probably sooner than expected.

Rule of Thumb: Amazon used to have decent prices on BD~A and SACDs but NOT anymore. What they do excel at is great prices on BD~Vs....probably to compete with Best Buy, Walmart, B&N, etc. who don't really sell SACDs and BD~As.....or, if so, not in any appreciable quantities.

When I do order BD~As/SACDs thru AmazonUS, it's usually through third party vendors who do occasionally have some great prices.

Guaranteed, the Chicago Quadio BD~As will eventually dip below $100.....and probably sooner than expected.

The Chicago box is one thing, but the vast majority of Audio Fidelity SACDs I have purchased from amazon have been $24.99 or less ("The Collection" being an exception but that one is priced higher everywhere) and $25 for an AF SACD is not an outrageous price at all IMHO.

Genesis Selling England by the Pound Blu-Ray, I have the SACD but couldn't resist because it's so well done. Too bad we didn't get the rest of them in Blu.

Genesis Selling England by the Pound Blu-Ray, I have the SACD but couldn't resist because it's so well done. Too bad we didn't get the rest of them in Blu.

We were supposed to, and I'm honestly not sure what happened, but at least they are on SACD, and we can't say that about all surround releases that ended up being just DVD-V…

Back