What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
{Rock
The Chicago box is one thing, but the vast majority of Audio Fidelity SACDs I have purchased from amazon have been $24.99 or less ("The Collection" being an exception but that one is priced higher everywhere) and $25 for an AF SACD is not an outrageous price at all IMHO.

RT, you're obviously not hit with sales tax, so $25 w/Amazon Prime isn't such a bad deal. I usually pay $22 and change for my AF discs delivered and they may not come in two days via Prime but I'm a patient soul. Amazon charges me almost 8% sales tax plus $109 a year for Amazon Prime and they do deliver on Sundays but living in New York ........ ONE of the MOST corrupt, overtaxed capitols of the world.......paying additional sales tax on music purchases is one of MY pet peeves.

But I do recall a few years ago buying a sealed AF Gold RBCD of Ten Years After [Rock 'n Roll Music To The World] directly from Amazon w/free prime shipping for $9.95. Apparently, it HAD to be a typo!

But I do recall a few years ago buying a sealed AF Gold RBCD of Ten Years After [Rock 'n Roll Music To The World] directly from Amazon w/free prime shipping for $9.95. Apparently, it HAD to be a typo!

BestBuy.com had them for that same price and for a period of at least a year, but were usually sold out (not unexpected). Amazon would have been matching their error.

Sting a new day dvd audio. Pick up tomorrow. And on order after mentioned here, Jackson Brown Running on Empty cd and dvd audio. Looking forward to hearing both of them.

Hi everyone,

Between moving to another city, getting a new job, and my front speakers which need to be serviced, I haven't had much time to hang out here and listen to music in Multichannel. I've acquired a pair of 1980 Klipsch Heresy just so that I can listen to some music, but let just say that I really miss the magic sound of my Spendor BC-1 set-up.

I've decided to treat myself to my first Multichannel SACD purchases in a long, long time. I went with four AF titles because I wasn't familiar with those albums and the iTunes clips I heard convinced me. The whole thing kinda feels like a big Oreo cookie, but I like a lot of things. :)

Bread - Best Of
America - Hearts
Earth, Wind And Fire - Head To The Sky
Earth, Wind And Fire - Open Your Eyes

What I like about this whole Quad "revival" is that it allows me to discover artists and albums I would never have heard otherwise.

From America, I really only knew the horsey song. To be honest, for a long time I believed that Sister Golden Hair was a George Harrison track (especially because of the chorus and the superb slide guitar). After reading all this talk of "filler" and lesser songs in the poll thread, I was actually quite impressed with the melodies and I thought the George Martin production brought everything to another level. Bell Tree sounds to me like it could have fitted nicely on Red Rose Speedway. People In The Valley really shows Martin's respect and admiration for Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys.

I had never heard of Bread before, but I remember hearing Everything I Own, but recorded by somebody else. The comp is nicely balanced and I think that pairing it with America's Hearts will provide me with a healthy dose of 70's radio friendly Folk Rock whenever I feel like it.

As for the two Earth, Wind And Fire albums, it's a no brainer for me as I absolutely love Soul and these two offer a nice serving of Funk as well.

I cannot wait to hear these ones and I'm really excited about the Blood, Sweat & Tears Greatest Hits disc and Chicago set coming out soon.

I just received notification this morning from AmazonUK that the Steve Hackett RBCD/DVD 5.1 remasters of Spectral Morning and Please Don't Touch were dispatched.

Steve Wilson remixed both albums into 5.1.

Delivered price for the TWO sets was $42....which is considerably cheaper than AmazonUS' asking price of $31.99 each [$64]

Similar pricing @ ImportCD: http://www.importcds.com/spectral-mornings-deluxe-edition/602547768117

http://www.importcds.com/please-dont-touch-me-deluxe-edition/602547768629

Blood, Sweat & Tears Greatest SACD Got my first copy (Q8) of this free at Lafayette Radio when I bought my Akai CR-80DSS in '73.
Full Sail - Loggins & Messina SACD It will be my 9th copy. One of my favorite Quads. I have a sealed SQ w/Korvettes sticker awaiting a new turntable.

Just bought this ebay listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262475149251

Was initially only looking for the Linking Park dvd-a - but this package was very tempting, espesially the book, hehe

Hope the guy gets well soon.

EIGHT DVDs from diverse cultures:

- Moby DVD-video
- Missy Elliott DVD-audio
- Linkin Park REANIMATION DVD-audio
- KORN Deuce
- Winter's End DVD-video
- The Return (in Russian) DVD-video
- A.I. - Artificial Intelligence film score DVD-audio
- Organ Spectacular - Famous Organ works by Bach, DVD-audio

Cases may not be perfect, but all media plays fine.

A book:
- Hardcover book Private Parts by Howard Stern, 1993

From Burning Shed:

Steve Hackett-Please Don't Touch & Defector & Spectral Mornings

Barclay James Harvest-Everyone Is Everbody Else & Gone To Earth

Importcds;

Alice Cooper-Muscle Of Love
Billy Cobham-Spectrum
The Collection
Laura Nyro 13th Confession-Eli's Coming

It's been 2 weeks since I ordered all these....should get at least one-SOON !

From Burning Shed:

Steve Hackett-Please Don't Touch & Defector & Spectral Mornings

Barclay James Harvest-Everyone Is Everbody Else & Gone To Earth

Importcds;

Alice Cooper-Muscle Of Love
Billy Cobham-Spectrum
The Collection
Laura Nyro 13th Confession-Eli's Coming

It's been 2 weeks since I ordered all these....should get at least one-SOON !

At least one of the BJH's is shipping now afaik..

Nine, that's nine discs !

I almost felt as wealthy as you Freddie, but not quite.

Yes one BJH and those Hacketts s/b on their way, thanks.

youreverluvinfizz

Oh, that reminds me!
Burning Shed sent me a notice at the beginning of the week that my 2 CD/DVD copy of "Everyone is Everybody Else" from Barclay James Harvest has shipped!
I have never heard this album before, so I cannot wait to finally hear it! Hope it is as good as "Once Again" is! :)

Back