What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Email from Amazon,

Hello,

We're still trying to obtain the following item you ordered on August 19 2016 (Order# 204-5561983-0941920).

Blue Oyster Cult "Secret Treaties"

We're awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information.:(

So who knows when.

Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans (3cd/1blu-ray preorder)
Marillion - F.E.A.R. sacd
Barclay James Harvest - XII (2cd/1dvd preorder)
Jethro Tull - Stand Up - The Elevated Edition (2cd/1dvd preorder)

also got E.J. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road Blu-ray & self titled sacd "in the post" hope I don't have to wait too long.

Just pre-ordered 3 from Bullmoose...
1) Beatles/Live At The Hollywood Bowl (should ship this Thursday) :D
2) Frank Zappa/Meat Light (3 cd Object/Project from the Uncle Meat sessions - ships @ 10/14) :music
3) Jethro Tull/Stand Up (The Elevated Edition)@2CD/DVD (ships @ 11/18) :smokin

A couple that I've had my eye on, for literally years, are now on their way in the mail:
Richard Thompson: Rumor and Sigh
Peter Gabriel: Up

At the very least, the collector in me will be satisfied.

Slim Cessna's Auto Club ( DVD DTS/DD 5.1)
Nosound: Scintilla (BD~A/RBCD)
Santana Abraxas (MoFi Stereo SACD with corrected channels.....r/l channels were reversed on all previous reissues)
Carly Simon: Hotcakes (MoFi Stereo SACD)
Cars: Heartbeat City (MoFi Stereo SACD))
Coldplay:A Head Full of Dreams (BD~A 5.1)
Amy Winehouse: Back to Black (BD~A Stereo)
Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter Songbook (Mono SACD)
Return to Forever: Musicmagic (AF Stereo SACD)
Blue Oyster Cult: Secret Treaties (AF QUAD SACD)
Leon Russell & The Shelter People: (AF Stereo SACD)
XTC: Skylarking (BD~A 5.1/RBCD)
Bill Mize: Coastin' (DTS 5.1 RBCD)
Leonard Cohen: Complete Columbia Recordings (11 RBCDs)
Rotary Connection: Best Of (Import 2 RBCDs)

I just got the Santana and Cars disks from your list. Both are exceptional!

Santana Abraxas (MoFi Stereo SACD with corrected channels.....r/l channels were reversed on all previous reissues)

I just got the Santana and Cars disks from your list. Both are exceptional!

Good to know, sbrom. I was a little hesitant about the Santana Abraxas MoFi SACD but since ImportCD was 'blowing it out' for under $20, I couldn't resist. Would still LOVE to have a PROPER 5.1 REMASTER of Abraxas but doesn't look like that will EVER happen, unfortunately.

BTW, do you have the Cars debut album from MoFi.......Spectacular sounding, as well.

Good to know, sbrom. I was a little hesitant about the Santana Abraxas MoFi SACD but since ImportCD was 'blowing it out' for under $20, I couldn't resist. Would still LOVE to have a PROPER 5.1 REMASTER of Abraxas but doesn't look like that will EVER happen, unfortunately.

BTW, do you have the Cars debut album from MoFi.......Spectacular sounding, as well.

Have you compared the Cars SACD release to the hires download from a couple years ago which is excellent?

Oops, your post reminds m I'm waiting on Skylarking as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you compared the Cars SACD release to the hires download from a couple years ago which is excellent?

No, I haven't but I must say, the MoFi Cars Debut SACD sounds pretty amazing on my system and actually decodes exceptionally well in my Meridian's DSP "Super" mode. The bass is also very DEEP, as well.

Thanks 4-earredwonder. The MOFI Cars debut is on my "next buy" hit list. I have no doubt it is excellent, given the quality of Heartbeat City which I chose first because of "Drive", one of my top ten songs. I spent the rest of my meager music budget on the MOFI Santana and several Doobies, plus a used copy of Captain and Me DVD-A for the surround mix.

I too wish ALL of this were available in well-mastered surround!

Sbrom

NOSOUND Sol29

61FzCraUItL.jpg

Well, good lord....I knew I had ordered Secret Treaties from multiple sites....but I swore I canceled the excess. Well - I have emails from both places that it has been shipped. So, guess I'll have 2 copies.

Most will know I wait with a single devotion for YES - Tales From Topographic Oceans. Which will arrive, in a few more weeks for those who ordered from Steven Wilson's Headphone Dust Store... But my contribution to this thread here is:

What am I waiting for after that?

The answer is: I have no idea. I am completely clueless. The pending arrival of YES - Tales has taken my breath, words & even thoughts away.
I'm not sure I even have the desire to have a desire, if you follow me.

After my copy of Tales has slid gently into my collection I will sit back and give thanks for the heavenly bounty of 5.1 & 4.0 music I've been able to purchase. I think I started out by buying 5 titles before I even had a 5.1 system:

EJ - Captain Fantastic
ELP - Brain Salad Surgery
2 horrible "Front Row Live" of ELP & Rick Wakeman
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

Now I have an amazing collection that is more of a majority than minority of the music I love. A profound gift indeed.

As far as waiting for something... The biggest splash in surround waters for me would be Alan Parsons announcing the next 4 Alan Parsons Project titles after Alan's Tales comes out. That would be spectacular.

Well, even though my KC Radical Action shipped a few days before my Pineapple Thief set, I got the Pineapple Thief yesterday...hoping KC arrives tomorrow so I can maybe listen a bit on the weekend.

Back