What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many things I had been waiting on have now arrived - so if I'm correct, the next purchase in line for arrival should be Fleetwood Mac - Mirage Box set. :)

Waiting to arrive in the next 1 - 3 weeks:

Marillion - F.E.A.R. - sacd. Will it be surround? Hopefully, but I'm not sure. :mad:@:
Coldplay - A Headful of Dreams - bluray. Will the mix be any good? Hopefully, we'll find out soon. :mad:@:
Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans - bluray. Will the mix be any good? It can't be anything but can it!! :banana:

Many things I had been waiting on have now arrived - so if I'm correct, the next purchase in line for arrival should be Fleetwood Mac - Mirage Box set. :)

Thanks for the reminder! I'd totally forgotten it was coming this week.. :eek:

Well that's another expensive (£43.00) 5.1 title... :rolleyes:

.. Ok, it's not strictly £43.00.., that's how much the entire set is.. but I do NOT want anything else in the box other than the 5.1, so it might as well be £43.00 for the 5.1.

In a way, it makes an AF Surround SACD look cheap, even if there were a price increase on their part to enable surround to happen more frequently.. (;) ) plus a standalone 5.1 takes up less shelf space at home, uses less packaging and less natural resources and other material waste which helps the environment, etc, etc..

Lets hear it for more standalone 5.1 (and Quad!) releases..!!!! :banana:

Thanks for the reminder! I'd totally forgotten it was coming this week.. :eek:

Well that's another expensive (£43.00) 5.1 title... :rolleyes:

.. Ok, it's not strictly £43.00.., that's how much the entire set is.. but I do NOT want anything else in the box other than the 5.1, so it might as well be £43.00 for the 5.1.

In a way, it makes an AF Surround SACD look cheap, even if there were a price increase on their part to enable surround to happen more frequently.. (;) ) plus a standalone 5.1 takes up less shelf space at home, uses less packaging and less natural resources and other material waste which helps the environment, etc, etc..

Lets hear it for more standalone 5.1 (and Quad!) releases..!!!! :banana:

I hear you Adam, it certainly is a lot of money. I am hoping this one is the exact same size "box" as Tusk, so at least it can sit on my shelf along side that one.

Waiting to arrive in the next 1 - 3 weeks:

Marillion - F.E.A.R. - sacd. Will it be surround? Hopefully, but I'm not sure. :mad:@:
Coldplay - A Headful of Dreams - bluray. Will the mix be any good? Hopefully, we'll find out soon. :mad:@:
Yes - Tales From Topographic Oceans - bluray. Will the mix be any good? It can't be anything but can it!! :banana:

haikubass confirmed that the Marillion SACD was indeed a surround sound SACD. :)

haikubass confirmed that the Marillion SACD was indeed a surround sound SACD. :)

I really hope that this turns out to be the case, fingers crossed. But a couple of people on the Marillion fan forum have said that the band's manager said a while ago that the SACD was only stereo, so they are guessing that the wording on the back of the SACD may be an error. Hopefully not. I'm monitoring the Marillion forum in case there's confirmation either way.

STILL waiting for the Chicago Quadio box...which, if I don't get a reply by tomorrow, I will cancel and order it from Amazon...
Also, the U.K. Box set , which is now shipping on Friday , and ..
I pulled the trigger on the BOCult SACD....

I hear you Adam, it certainly is a lot of money. I am hoping this one is the exact same size "box" as Tusk, so at least it can sit on my shelf along side that one.

tbh Gene, I'm just hoping it sounds good and is a good surround mix :)

not being an arse but I've just about had it mithering over packaging and format and all that jazz..

..I realise that might come across as slightly hypocritical to some here who have known me for a while as its stuff I've whittered on about for years.. but these days it just doesn't seem so important to me now.. and lets face it after all these years being into this hobby the labels have never settled on a standard for surround and certainly not a format or style of presentation whether standalone, or on DVD's in 2 disc sets with a CD, or in box sets with other things we may or not want.. you name it.. we get this surround stuff in so many different ways don't we, who knows how any of its gonna come when it lands on the doormat..!

these days I just want "new" surround releases that make the most of Quad/5.1 and have been 'well' mastered/remastered with care etc., preferably standalone so I don't have to get a box but if that is not possible will reluctantly do it just to get the surround like many of us here do regularly..

..more than anything though (always getting ahead of myself, I know.. :eek: ) I really I hope they get around to doing the 1975 S/T album and Tango In The Night in 5.1, as they're both albums I love, even though they are quite different.. I am a bit doubtful a Tango 5.1 would ever happen seeing as there's no Ken Caillat connection with that album and I think he has been the driving force behind these Fleetwood Mac 5.1's.. but maybe Rhino will force the issue since its such a big album worldwide and even though it never got the critical acclaim its sold well and has for me about half a dozen things on it at least that are wonderful.

Wow - my copy of Mirage (box) shipped from UK Friday and I just received UPS notification it is delivering tomorrow!! 4 days from the UK...and that includes weekend travel....man that is fast!

King Crimson-[On]and Off the Road boxed set......Yes-Tales From Topographic Oceans 2 cd 2 dvd set

Full Sail AF SACD, Aqualung (2CD/2DVD), Minstrel in the Gallery (2CD/2DVD) and Coldplay Blu-Ray Audio. I waited quite a while hoping Minstrel would drop in price but it never really did so went ahead and got it anyway.

Looks like there has been an issue with Opeth's Sourceress I've just had this e-mail,

You are receiving this email because you purchased a OPETH - BOX SET due to be released on 30th September 2016.

Unfortunately due a manufacturing issue which has resulted in us receiving the stock late from the record label, the delivery of your order has been delayed and will be dispatched next week.

Please allow up to at least 7 days from this date for delivery as it's sent from the UK.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this may cause you and thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Music Glue Support

Looks like there has been an issue with Opeth's Sourceress I've just had this e-mail,

You are receiving this email because you purchased a OPETH - BOX SET due to be released on 30th September 2016.

Unfortunately due a manufacturing issue which has resulted in us receiving the stock late from the record label, the delivery of your order has been delayed and will be dispatched next week.

Please allow up to at least 7 days from this date for delivery as it's sent from the UK.
We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this may cause you and thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Music Glue Support

Yep, had the same email. Oh well, good things come to those who wait. Right?

XTC - Skylarking
Coldplay - A head full ..
Pink Floyd in particular Atom Heart Mother
Blackfield - V
Jethro Tull - Stand Up
Yes - Tales of ..

and a rocket from the wife for ordering too much again

I've heard the title track on the radio on Planet Rock and its good! Though your radio stations in the Netherlands are better, I listen to Arrow Classic Rock a lot on the internet, and they played Porcupine Tree's Lazarus a few nights ago - I've never heard that played by a radio station before.

Yep, had the same email. Oh well, good things come to those who wait. Right?

Back