What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe I just ordered this...but I can't help myself. Big, big fan of Temple of The Dog.....got it for US $91.28 shipped from Import CD's. I know, I know...still expensive. You only live once..... :)
TOTD_ART_box2_1024x1024.jpg

HAHAHA! Well, I guess I'm NOT waiting on Jethro Tull - Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition by Wilson. As I found it stuffed in my closet...unopened. Huh? When did I order...when did I get it...and why didn't I open it?

What a great hobby and this proves I've purchased so much stuff, that I can't even keep up...or remember what I bought. :smokin

HAHAHA! Well, I guess I'm NOT waiting on Jethro Tull - Aqualung 40th Anniversary Edition by Wilson. As I found it stuffed in my closet...unopened. Huh? When did I order...when did I get it...and why didn't I open it?

What a great hobby and this proves I've purchased so much stuff, that I can't even keep up...or remember what I bought. :smokin

Better late than NEVER GOS. Boy, are you in for a surprise. The definitive LOSSLESS version of Aqualung.

Always knew you were a closeted audiophile!:yikes

Hey you made me laugh as "Yep, guilty' thats happened to me as well with ordering something more than once or having something unopened and for whatever reason did not get to it.
So this is the bluray edition you have right?
Isn't that a nice surprise.......

Hey you made me laugh as "Yep, guilty' thats happened to me as well with ordering something more than once or having something unopened and for whatever reason did not get to it.
So this is the bluray edition you have right?
Isn't that a nice surprise.......

Sure is!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unbelievable how many things I have ordered from amazon.com that are all supposed to arrive on Friday, November 18th:

Jethro Tull: "Stand Up (The Elevated Edition)" [2CD/DVD]
R.E.M.: "Out Of Time (25th Anniversary Edition)" [3CD/Blu-Ray]
The Beatles: "Eight Days A Week: The Touring Years" documentary [2-disc Blu-Ray]
RUSH: "Time Stand Still" documentary [Blu-Ray]
…and finally…
Nektar: "Journey to the Centre of the Eye" [2CD/SACD]

Besides that, I'm still waiting on:
King Crimson: "On (& Off) The Road 1981-1984" Box Set [From Burning Shed]
Jeff Beck: "Wired" SACD [From BestBuy.com]
Alan Parsons Project: "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" Box Set [from amazon.co.uk]
(And "Skylarking", which could be here any day now!)

Finally, I may order "XII" from Barclay James Harvest at some point, but it's not a high priority given how I wasn't that impressed with the other releases.
(That and I'm constantly running out of shelf space! How on earth am I gonna fit all these new releases on my shelves!) ;)

In the post to me, hopefully arriving Saturday or Monday, Coldplay - A Headful of Delivery Delays bluray (or whatever its called!), and XTC - Skylarking bluray :)

A new update:

Besides the "On (& Off) The Road" box set from King Crimson (which should be here this Friday), I'm also waiting on Burning Shed to ship the new 2CD/DVD edition of "XII" from Barclay James Harvest.
Plus, I just ordered two of the Mike Oldfield deluxe editions from amazon.co.uk: "Five Miles Out" and "Discovery" (I would love to get "Crises" but it's just too expensive…) The entire order total for both Mike Oldfield releases (with shipping) was around $32, which I hope will be money that was well spent!

And, here's the rest of what I'm waiting on:
Jeff Beck - "Wired" SACD (from best buy.com)
Jethro Tull - "Stand Up" 2CD/DVD (from amazon.com)
R.E.M. - "Out of Time" 3CD/Blu-Ray (from amazon.com)
Nektar - "Journey to the Centre of the Eye" 2CD/SACD (from amazon.com)
Alan Parsons Project - "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" box set (from amazon.co.uk)

Finally, I'm waiting on more preorder options for the Blu-Ray audio discs from the Pixies and Love & Rockets, but rest assured, I will definitely be getting both of those too! :)

OK, I bit. A weak moment...

JEFF BECK - WIRED (QUAD SACD)

Hell yes!!
Dude, if you are going to have a Ted Nugent face than throw down on the rock, the prog rock is getting old, and don't tell me everybody is not feeling it. The prog rock genre in surround is becoming a smaller and smaller niche.
Any way do you have the AP Stereo SACD of Ted Nugent? I'm listening to Thin Lizzy now, awesome. Oops, Living Colour just came on because I am a Cult Of Personality.

Dude, if you are going to have a Ted Nugent face than throw down on the rock, the prog rock is getting old, and don't tell me everybody is not feeling it. The prog rock genre in surround is becoming a smaller and smaller niche.
Any way do you have the AP Stereo SACD of Ted Nugent? I'm listening to Thin Lizzy now, awesome. Oops, Living Colour just came on because I am a Cult Of Personality.

Haha - of course I have Ted on SACD. It sounds amazing......

I can't believe this, but I just won a copy of the "Toto IV" SACD on eBay!
Shipped to me for $60.
I cannot believe I am spending that much money on a disc, but I like the album, and the price is still better than what I have been finding on lots of other sites from other sellers.
Of course I had to make sure I was not bidding on the stereo-only SACD, but the pictures of the back of the disc clearly say "Mixed for 5.1 surround sound by Elliot Scheiner"!
I can't wait to get this in and listen to it!

In the meantime, I'm still waiting on my "Five Miles Out" and "Discovery" deluxe editions from amazon.co.uk as well as the "Beck, Bogert & Appice" SACD from Canada.
Then there's all of these preorders that will also be shipping in the next few weeks: "Wired", "Stand Up", "Out of Time", "Journey to the Centre of the Eye", "XII", and "Tales of Mystery and Imagination"! :)

One that comes to mind I"m waiting on is Barclay James Harvest XII
I thought it would be shipped out yesterday from Burning Shed??

Looks like Burning Shed have not caught up with this new delay, but amazon.co.uk are now saying that "XII" will be released on November 25th.

Pre-ordered from Burning shed

Pixies - Doolittle (Blu-ray)
Blackfield - V (cd/Blu-ray)
Barclay James Harvest - XII (2cd/1dvd)

and these pre-ordered on PledgeMusic

Alan Parsons - Tales Of Mystery & Imagination (Blu-ray Audio)
Grandaddy - Last Place (not surround but I love that band)
Lifesigns - Cardington (not surround)

Just received a surround banquet. 'Street life Serenade'- Billy Joel; 'Skylarking'- XTC; and 'The Raven that refused to Sing'-Steven Wilson. Thinking XTC for main course? What order for dinner and dessert? A great problem to have. Blessed for choice. YUM

Back