What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff Beck Group-Rough and Ready SACD from Sony Japan and Blackfield V. And if anyone wants APP Tales... don't buy the Blu-ray when you can get the deluxe set for this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LA64QFC/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER . And I thought I got a good price at $77 a few weeks ago. The book alone makes the deluxe set worth this price (along with the Blu-ray, of course).

Seriously! That's an amazing price for an amazing box set!
(And you're right. Besides the Blu-Ray, the book is the best part of the set by far!)

:)

7 of 13 items of the Vocalion order showed up yesterday. Still waiting on the other six:

SACD Hybrid Multi-channel:

1-Tower Of Power - Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now

2-Henry Mancini - Mancini Country & Country Gentleman

3-Henry Mancini & Doc Severinsen - Brass, Ivory and Strings & Brass on Ivory

4-Henry Mancini - Six Hours Past Sunset & A Warm Shade of Ivory

2 ch CD's:
5-Harry Belafonte - Calypso Carnival & The Warm Touch

6-Harry Belafonte - Homeward Bound & Belafonte Sings of Love

...Still waiting on a large Vocalion order, which they claim to have shipped a week ago.

My Husband just got this update from Vocalion on the missing 6:
...I’ve just had a message from one of our customers, which received your order strapped by USPS to his one. He’s going to take it back to post so they should redirected it promptly (he’s in Chicago). I’m really sorry that it happened but it’s not first time when USPS does that.

Kind regards
Simon
Vocalion Ltd/Dutton Epoch Retail & Export Team

7 of 13 items of the Vocalion order showed up yesterday. Still waiting on the other six:

SACD Hybrid Multi-channel:

1-Tower Of Power - Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now

2-Henry Mancini - Mancini Country & Country Gentleman

3-Henry Mancini & Doc Severinsen - Brass, Ivory and Strings & Brass on Ivory

4-Henry Mancini - Six Hours Past Sunset & A Warm Shade of Ivory

2 ch CD's:
5-Harry Belafonte - Calypso Carnival & The Warm Touch

6-Harry Belafonte - Homeward Bound & Belafonte Sings of Love

Just noticed this upcoming Steve Miller, CDJapan April release of 10 discs. I had to as he is a hometown boy. Seriously double dipping on my part and not even 24bit, oh well.

Cardboard sleeve reissue release from Steve Miller Band features SHM-CD format and 2017 remastering (subject to change). Comes with an obi faithfully replicating the one included with its Japanese first pressing LP edition (subject to change). The mini LP faithfully replicates its US first pressing LP design, including an inner sleeve. Comes with lyrics and a description. World's first mini LP reissue. This series features the following titles "Rock Love," "Recall The Beginning...A Journey From Eden," "The Joker," "Fly Like An Eagle," "Book Of Dreams," "Circle Of Love," "Abracadabra," "Steve Miller Band Live!," "Italian X Rays," and "Living In The 20th Century."

Tim Bowness - Lost in the Ghost Light
Fire Garden - Far and Near Both been posted by Burning Shed & should be here by Friday
Goldfrapp - Supernature
BJH - XII
and in ordinary stereo
Grandaddy - Last Place
Lifesigns - Cardington
Mute Gods - Tardigrades Will Inherit the Earth Release next friday

Jeff Beck Wired (SACD Multi-channel Hybrid Edition) w/ mini LP cardboard sleeve

Showed up today on Acoustic Sounds w/20% discount!!!! :) :) :)

ORDERED!

The Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination 40th Blu-ray (standalone) from the UK: $21.71 delivered, thanks to Snood's keen eye.

The Alan Parsons Project Tales of Mystery and Imagination 40th Blu-ray (standalone) from the UK: $21.71 delivered, thanks to Snood's keen eye.

All the credit goes to HDave - he spotted it first :banana:

Better late than never..."Skylarking" to go with the Oranges and Lemons BR I just received.
Lower Rez, but discogs came through after several months with a QS copy of the Four Tops "Keeper of the Castle".....one of the last QS holes to be filled.

Saturday, we found out that we're getting a tax refund. With part of it, we agreed WE NEED:

The Early Years 1965 - 1972 - Pink Floyd 33 disc Definitive Collection includes: 11 CDs, 8 Blu-ray's, 9 DVDs, 5 seven-inch vinyl singles, collectible memorabilia includes posters, flyers, tour programs, tickets, press advertisements, & much more.
Early Years includes an extra piece of the band's history: it now also includes a supplementary disc featuring the band's seminal Live At Pompeii concert as a 2016 audio mix.(We already have it on DVD and VCD.) It has not been released on an official CD before. Total Box Run Time: 11 hours, 45 mins or 2948 minutes of audio (made up of 130+ tracks).

Includes Quad mixes of Atom Heart Mother, Echoes (unreleased in Quad), plus new 5.1 mix of Meddle.

We considered the individual sets, but the things we wanted totaled to about the same $$. CAN'T WAIT! 

Unbelievably, it won't be the largest album in our collection. These two are larger, albeit in packages nowhere near as cool:
The 1966 Live Recordings - Bob Dylan 36 CD's, 30 of them are Mono. Got it for Valentine's and have listened to 18 CD's.
The Complete Columbia Recordings - Miles Davis 70 CD's/1 DVD

Saturday, we found out that we're getting a tax refund. With part of it, we agreed WE NEED:

The Early Years 1965 - 1972 - Pink Floyd 33 disc Definitive Collection includes: 11 CDs, 8 Blu-ray's, 9 DVDs, 5 seven-inch vinyl singles, collectible memorabilia includes posters, flyers, tour programs, tickets, press advertisements, & much more.
Early Years includes an extra piece of the band's history: it now also includes a supplementary disc featuring the band's seminal Live At Pompeii concert as a 2016 audio mix.(We already have it on DVD and VCD.) It has not been released on an official CD before. Total Box Run Time: 11 hours, 45 mins or 2948 minutes of audio (made up of 130+ tracks).

Includes Quad mixes of Atom Heart Mother, Echoes (unreleased in Quad), plus new 5.1 mixes of Meddle and Obscured By Clouds.

We considered the individual sets, but the things we wanted totaled to about the same $$. CAN'T WAIT! 

Unbelievably, it won't be the largest album in our collection. These two are larger, albeit in packages nowhere near as cool:
The 1966 Live Recordings - Bob Dylan 36 CD's, 30 of them are Mono. Got it for Valentine's and have listened to 18 CD's.

Hey Linda, just so you can tamper your expectations a bit when the set arrives, the set does NOT contain a new 5.1 mix for "Obscured by Clouds", just a new stereo mix on CD.
It does have a new 5.1 mix for "Meddle", but it cannot be accessed via the menu.
You will either have to extract the mix from the disc using a computer or if you figure out what title it is, you may be able to navigate to that title on your remote.
Hope that clears things up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

King Crimson-Beat

Ordered and shipped same day (Jan 17th) from the shed ?

Gee, do think she's lost at sea ?

I'm still waiting on both "Blackfield V" and "Lost in the Ghost Light" from Burning Shed.
It used to take 1-2 weeks to get Burning Shed shipments to my apt, but it's been longer than that for both of them.
It looks like the mail issues people experienced with the Dutton Vocalion SACD orders have not been resolved so we're continuing to see delays like these on UK products shipped to the US.
If this continues, I think I may have to forgo UK orders and stick strictly with ordering from US retailers, which is a shame cause I have always loved supporting Burning Shed… (n) :(

You'll love it. I'm slowly making my way through the box listening to the CDs. There is some great music in there, todays on 1970 DEVI/ATION were the unreleased tracks that should have been on the film 'Zabriskie Point'. 1970 was when I discovered Pink Floyd as a 12-13 year old. :banana: and its nice listening to the Quad of Atom Heart Mother without clicks and not 'decoded' through DD ProII music either.

Includes Quad mixes of Atom Heart Mother, Echoes (unreleased in Quad), plus new 5.1 mixes of Meddle and Obscured By Clouds.

I cancelled my order for Barclay James Harvest's "XII" (for now…) and ordered Mike Oldfield's "Return to Ommadawn" since Burning Shed has the CD/DVD edition back in stock.

Was waiting on JB hi-fi to ship, finally received the last in my order of Blu-Ray Pure Audio titles...... 55 days total from initiating order to delivery..... I would have cancelled long ago but they are very hard to find......
They still show these in stock, roll the dice and you never know.

Queen "A Night At The Opera"
Who "Quadrophenia"
Supertramp " Breakfast in America"
Deep Purple "Made in Japan"

Back