Quadro King's Gear Photos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is part 2 of the analog switching boxes. The first answer transmission did not work correctly.

Best regards

Rühmer 7.1 Audio Switch 2.jpgRühmer 7.1 Audio Switch 4.jpgSony SB-900.jpgSony SB-700 3.jpgVitecco A1022-AC10.jpgVivanco 275 S.jpgVivanco 285 CD.jpgVMP TAC 3.jpgVoltcraft Power Manager 1.jpg

A few question about cables , your highness... what cables would you recommend?
Have you noticed any difference in gold plated ones to normal ones?
Are the really expensive cables worth it?

Please elaborate if you wish...

kap'n krunch esq.

This is definitely a lesson in "how to connect gear" properly.
I'd have thought of creating a patch bay and having a console mixer for all the gear , but , since you do not need the busses and EQ, etc. it'd not be practical....I'm still trying to wrap my head around how your connections work...
You have more gear than any studio I've worked in -and probably some of the biggest studios....as in pieces, because most of the gear you have is for playback , not recording (well, yes you have MANY recording devices too but the most channels you can record at the same time is 8 , unless you have a synch machine for you 2 ADATS )...

Thank you for sharing your Kingdom with us !
Most of us are gear fans!!!

I'll guess you live in a house with not a lot of neighbors close to you...

Cheers!

Hello cap'n krunch,

As you have mentioned I have several digital 8 track devices. But I use them only for 2x quad programs. So with my 2 Tascam DA-88 and DA-38 using Hi8 audio cassettes I can record nearly up to 4 hours 2 quad programs. You can operate them in master and slave modus with up to 6 devices which means 48 tracks. I have copied all my Q4 Tapes and CD-4 records. The Q8 cassettes I have copied on my Yamaha 8 Track and quad minidisc data recorders with 19 and 37 minutes record time. Indeed I have thought over also to buy 1 or 2 Adats, but I have simply no more space.

Best regards

Very, very impressive Quadro King. I especially enjoy seeing the record album covers and advertising from the 1970's!

It looks like you have all the quad hardware - with the exception of the famous Fosgate Tate II.

Thanks so much for posting up all the pictures for us, I just wish I could hear all of it. And I am still trying to go through the diagrams showing hows everything is hooked up. I will lots more questions i"m sure for you.

Back