Quadro King's Gear Photos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quadro King - this is your new thread. See how it says Gear Photos now? :)

This Quadro King again

thank you for the help::D:D:D. Now I can start with the history of my quadro combinations since 1972. Later on you will see the 4 quadro sub collections in 4 rooms of my apartment.

Quadro 1971.jpgQuadro 1972.jpgQuadro 1974 2.jpgQuadro 1974-86.jpgQuadro 1978 3.jpgQuadro 1986 5.jpgQuadro 1993 2.jpg

Best regards

Welcome to the forum, Quadro King.
If the software collection is just half-impressive as the hardware one, since you're in Germany, maybe you could you add some light for quadraphonic italian releases? So far the real pieces (LP or Q8) i have found arrived mostly from Germany.

I did some pages on the topic years ago:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?14491-Quad-in-Italy-a-(partial)-search

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...470-RCA-Italiana-Quads-a-definitve-(-)-answer

Unfortunately I am not a "Quadro Software King". I have ca. 130 Q4 tapes, 120 Q8 Cassettes, 130 CD-4/UD-4 discs, 220 Matrix (SQ, QS etc.) discs and ca. 500 multichannel Discs (dts CDs, DVD-Audios SACDs). Most of the analogue software (except Matrix) I have transferred to digital Hi8 Audio Cassettes and 4 channel Minidiscs. Having quite a number of other collections like Home Cinema, Vintage Stereo, Mono Tube technology, Historical Mechanical Music Instruments, Phonographs and Gramophones there is simply no more space for quadro software.

Attached you will find examples from my quadro software. Besides Nini Rosso on JVC CD-4 I have no Italian artist or bands.

001 dts Demo.jpg045 DVD-V 4.0 Tom Jones.jpg154 Eagles.jpg006 SACD Sampler.jpg003 Q4 Akai Demo AV-001.jpg054 Q8 Power Biggs plays Joplin.jpg141 Q4 Yamaha.jpg126 CD-4 Tony Mottola.jpg185 UD-4 Sato Switched on East.jpg

Best regards

QK, I'm amazed. A big cheers from Hungary :worthy . Btw, who cleans your rooms :cool: ?

Holy Phreaking :yikes - Me thinks Quad Linda just met her new soul mate lol :rolleyes:

Hope ur not on the 2nd or more floor up in an apt building or condo............all that equipment weight might break through :phones

You done gone and got all the gear heads all excited :friday: - will take a while for them to simmer down now

Awesome Pictures Quadro - keep the pics and posts coming :banana:

QK, I'm amazed. A big cheers from Hungary :worthy . Btw, who cleans your rooms :cool: ?

Hello Hungary

thank you for the welcome. Being not married I do the work by myself. In the future I will post many pictures about my quadro activities since 1972. Wait and see.

Best regards

Hey quadro king! Again, welcome to the forum.

You should be able to create a post anywhere in the forum other than the audio poll sections. If you are having trouble starting a thread, let me know where you are trying, and I will see if I can figure out what's happening.

Wow, you are the King when it comes to Quad gear! I bet the QQ members might be interested in a tour if they are in your neighborhood.

Wow, you are the King when it comes to Quad gear! I bet the QQ members might be interested in a tour if they are in your neighborhood.

Good morning from Germany,

in former years the German/Austrian quadro fans were organized in the "Quadro Surround" later on "Quadro Aktion" of quadro guru "Dietrich Raesch" in Hamburg, who actually produces and sells DVDs 4.0 in pure quadro, which you can play on Blu-ray players. See the sampler. We have still good contact.

171 Quadro 4.0 Sampler.jpg

Best Regards

Hey quadro king! Again, welcome to the forum.

You should be able to create a post anywhere in the forum other than the audio poll sections. If you are having trouble starting a thread, let me know where you are trying, and I will see if I can figure out what's happening.

Hello JonUrban,

thank you for your offer. As newcomer I prefer to stay in this thread at the moment. No it's time to send pictures about my 4 quadro sub collections. I will repeat sub collection 1 in my sitting room and the collections 2 and 3 in other rooms in order to have a general overview. Collection 4 is under construction and will follow in the next replay. All devices are wired together and can be demonstrated with 4 loudspeakers or loudspeaker/subwoofer combinations.

Quadro 2009 1.jpgQuadro 2012 1a.jpgQuadro 2011 1b1.jpgQuadro 2012 1b.jpgQuadro 2004 004.jpgQuadro 2012 2.jpgQuadro 2010 4 3.jpgQuadro 2010 4 4.jpgQuadro 2010 4 1.jpg

Best regards

Hello JonUrban,

I hope you are not astonished about differences between pictures and wiring diagrams. But the collections get other devices from time to time. Bay the way the Braun Tape deck in collection 2 has a quadro playback head, which was offered from the company. Now you will see sub collection 4.

Quadro 2012 6.jpgQuadro 2012 3.jpgQuadro 2012 Rack 1.jpgQuadro 2012 Rack 2.jpgQuadro 2012 Rack 3.jpgQuadro 2012 4.jpg

Best regards

Incredible collection!

Hello Dennis Mabry,

thank you for your first contact. I can promise you more pictures in the future. Please have a look in the thread from time to time. Attached you see a selfi of mine which means "the true Quadro Fan".

001 Quadro Fan.jpg

Best regards

quad.jpg

Hi quadro king :)

Is that a Marklin train(the trolly) in your picture?

I began my career in analog electronics so I can understand what goes on inside all of your devices but I could NEVER figure out what goes on
when you hook them all up! Wow!

How many amperes of electrical current do you have supplying your apartment?

Just out of curiosity: Do you also have any digital audio equipment(HDMI audio)?

Welcome to the forum!

DennisMoore jr.

View attachment 15319

Hi quadro king :)

Is that a Marklin train(the trolly) in your picture?

I began my career in analog electronics so I can understand what goes on inside all of your devices but I could NEVER figure out what goes on
when you hook them all up! Wow!

How many amperes of electrical current do you have supplying your apartment?

Just out of curiosity: Do you also have any digital audio equipment(HDMI audio)?

Welcome to the forum!

DennisMoore jr.

Hello DennisMoore,

the train is from the bigger LBG 1:22,5. Some months ago I have sold nearly the whole stuff - 15 locomotives and ca. 40 waggons with all accessory. As memory I have kept 4 locomotives, which can run on special equipped rails with sound generators.

Concerning digital audio/video equipment I have 2 home cinemas with hdmi devices and others with 4/8 channel technology working with coax optical cables. The modern blu-ray players can "eat" nearly everything besides pizza.

I can hook up everything besides 4 and 5 channel power amplifiers which I have to switch on step by step separately. As a non English speaking native its a little too complicated to explain every detail. The German power net works with 230 volts and 16 amperes.

Attached you will see pictures of my home cinemas - one on the left side works with an UHD 4k TV from Samsung. My Oppo blu-ray player can upscale from Full HD to 4K. In the middle is home cinema 1 with 2 projectors and on the right side is my analogue/digital sound studio.

002 3D Heimkinos 1&2 2011.jpg005 AV Technik 2011.jpg008 Cable Management.jpg006 Samsung UE55F9090SLXG.jpg023 Oppo BDP-103EU.jpg093 Tonstudio 2010.jpg124 Tonstudio 2010.jpg 204 Full HD Projektoren.jpg

Best regards

Holy Phreaking :yikes - Me thinks Quad Linda just met her new soul mate lol :rolleyes:

Hope ur not on the 2nd or more floor up in an apt building or condo............all that equipment weight might break through :phones

You done gone and got all the gear heads all excited :friday: - will take a while for them to simmer down now

Awesome Pictures Quadro - keep the pics and posts coming :banana:

You must no become nervous, because I am living in a (little) sky scraper with concrete construction.

006 Hochhaus.jpg019 Hochhaus.jpg077 Kapelle 08.2004.jpg

Best regards

Hello DennisMoore,

the train is from the bigger LBG 1:22,5. Some months ago I have sold nearly the whole stuff - 15 locomotives and ca. 40 waggons with all accessory. As memory I have kept 4 locomotives, which can run on special equipped rails with sound generators.

OK, I had Lionel trains(I still have many all boxed up). Every model train enthsiast I know sold their Lionel and upgraded to LGB. Bigger is always better! (y)

http://www.lgb.com/en/ for those who don't do "trains".

Wow, your systmem is beyond compare. I've done electronics work at the largest Network TV Stations in Los Angeles & San Francisco and your system(s) puts them to shame!

Cheers!

DMJ

Back