Quadro King's Gear Photos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Imagine,

thank you for the welcome (Dank nach Düsseldorf). Wait and see what will happen on this thread.

Best regards

Hey quadro king! Again, welcome to the forum.

You should be able to create a post anywhere in the forum other than the audio poll sections. If you are having trouble starting a thread, let me know where you are trying, and I will see if I can figure out what's happening.

Hello Jon,

the next step in my presentation in give an overview over all my quadro devices. I have made lists.

View attachment 15364 Quadro Collection 2.jpgQuadro Collection 3.jpgQuadro Collection 4.jpg

These lists will be the basis, when I send pictures of my highlights.

Best regards

Attachments

• Quadro Collection 1.jpg
    Quadro Collection 1.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Hello Jon,

the next step in my presentation in give an overview over all my quadro devices. I have made lists.

View attachment 15364View attachment 15365View attachment 15366View attachment 15367

These lists will be the basis, when I send pictures of my highlights.

Best regards

Hello Jon,

the complicated structure of QuadraphonicQuad is hardly understandable for newcomers. To continue my thread with the highlights of my collection I continue with your address. I hope it's ok for you. Feedbacks from other members are naturally also welcome.

Today I show highlights of my quadro receivers.

Bang & Olufsen Beomaster 6000 1.jpgHarman-Kardon 900+ 2.jpgMarantz 4400 1.jpgOnkyo Intec 405 2.jpgSaba 8280 2.jpgSansui QRX-999 1.jpgSansui QRX-9001 2.jpgTechnics SA-8500X 2.jpg

Best regards

Attachments

• Pioneer QRX-949.jpg
    Pioneer QRX-949.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 311
Hello,

well, my wife thinks I'm completely crazy using all the living room space with gear - this collection is most spectacular.
I wonder how you have the time to keep all this in working order!
All the best!

Hello,

well, my wife thinks I'm completely crazy using all the living room space with gear - this collection is most spectacular.
I wonder how you have the time to keep all this in working order!
All the best!

Good morning Four Rules from Germany,

you are right to keep all devices in working order you have to run all mechanical tape decks, cassette & 8 track recorders at least one per month. But all these old ladies need a refreshing from time to time. So I have engaged 3 engineers, who have solved every problem up to now. In the www they find the necessary spare parts or the find a other solution by themselves.

Today you will see some more receivers and amplifiers of my collection. Please keep contact. Then you will see next decoders.

Best regards

Toshiba SA-514 2.jpgWega hifi 3135 Quadro 2.jpgBraun CSQ-1020 2.jpgBryston 8BST THX 2.jpgJVC JA-X9 2.jpgLoewe QV 310 2.jpgPioneer QA-800 2.jpgToshiba SB-514 2.jpgMarantz 2440 2.jpg

Geez, I don't follow things closely for a while and see what I miss!!

It's official. We are all amateurs.

Wow, just wow. Great collection Quadro King!

Why has no one asked the obvious question?? What does your electricity bill look like? :yikes

Awesome Stuff Quadro :banana:

Why has no one asked the obvious question?? What does your electricity bill look like? :yikes

Awesome Stuff Quadro :banana:

HA!!! that was my first thought...well...2nd actually..after i picked my jaw up off the floor... astonishing collection of gear and even more astonishing in WORKING condition :sun

----CORRECTION--- Speak for yourself. We are NOT all amateurs. Kindly speak for yourself. :p

I mean from a quad gear perspective, not software. You may still have him beat on software, or at least close. You have a great collection, but I doubt you could come anywhere near matching his quad gear piece for piece. :p

Even though he has me beat, I'm still not an amateur. Although he is the Quadro (gear) KING of Germany, if not the world. :bounce:bounce

I mean from a quad gear perspective, not software. You may still have him beat on software, or at least close. You have a great collection, but I doubt you could come anywhere near matching his quad gear piece for piece. :p

I wish I could track around Europe for vintage gear. Seems that they don't have the prices driven up as bad as the US. At least in dense urban/suburban parts of the US now, with the high demand for vintage gear, the deals are becoming more few and far between. It's hard to find gear that hasn't been priced off ebay.

----CORRECTION--- We are NOT all amateurs. Kindly speak for yourself. :p

Good morning Linda,

you are absolutely right. I am the newcomer with problems. But I hope you will forgive me.

My last input were Quadro Amplifiers. Now you will see decoders part 1..

Best regards

Akai SS-1 1.jpgdbx II 124 2.jpgDenon QXU-10 1.jpgDenon UDA-100 2.jpgElectro-Voice EVX-44 1.jpgKenwood KSQ-20 1.jpgLafayette SQ-W 2.jpgNational Panasonic SH-3400 2.jpgNeckermann Körting Ambicord 2.jpg

Hello Q8,

thank you for your remarks. In my opinion the prizes for vintage quadro gear in Europe are often rather high, but compared with the prizes for new ones in the 1970's and 80's comparably cheap. For us the US prizes in many cases are ok, but with shipping costs and taxes ca.30 to 40 % more expensive. Within the European Union you must not pay taxes.

Attached you will see pictures of my CD-4 Demodulators (the Denon UDA-100 I have already shown).

Best regards

Braun CD-4 1.jpgGrundig CD4 2.jpgDual CD-40 2.jpgJVC 4DD-5 2.jpgMarantz CD-400B.jpgNational Panasonic SE-405H 2.jpgTechnics SH-400 2.jpgPioneer QD-240.jpg

Hello Q8,

now you will see pictures of my turntables, all equipped with cd-4 shibata cartridges.

Best regards

Braun PSQ-500 2.jpgGarrard Zero 100 2.jpgMarantz Model 6300 2.jpgOnkyo CP-1057F.jpgPanasonic SL-701 1.jpgPanasonic SL-701 3.jpgTechnics SL-1300 2.jpgThorens TD 2030 2.jpgAudio-Technica AT-20SLA 1.jpg

having just a "home run" now the quadro and 8 track tape decks/recorders part 1 will follow. Some of them have already to be seen. A very remarkable one is the digital Nagra D II tape deck, which often was used in professional studios. The price was ca. 25 000 USD. I could buy an new one with only 10 hours and 32 special digital tapes for "only" 6500 USD. It was a new little series consisting of 10 decks built with spare part in France.

Akai 1800-SS 3.jpgAkai GX-400D-SS 2.jpgBraun TG-1000 2.jpgDokorder 1140 4.jpgFostex A-8 1.jpgFostex Model 80 3.jpgNagra D II 1.jpgNagra D II 3 Chassis.jpgNagra D II 5.jpg

Back