Quadro King's Gear Photos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you see Part 2 of the Tape Decks/Recorders. Part 3 will follow.

Best regards

View attachment 15522[/ATTACH] Sansui QD-5500 2.jpgSansui SD-5050 2.jpgSony TC-788-4 2.jpgSony TC-854-4 5.jpgStellavox SQ7 Quadrasonic 05.jpgStellavox SQ7 Quadrasonic 13 & ABR 75.jpgTascam 22-4 2.jpg

Attachments

• Pioneer RT-2044 13.jpg
    Pioneer RT-2044 13.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 299
This is part 3 of the tape decks. Additionally you will see 4 channel oscilloscopes. The most interesting one is the ultra rare JVC MM-4 with plasma screen. It was part of the JVC 1000 set with preamplifier, CD-4 demodulator and 2 stereo power amplifiers.

Best regards

Neckermann Multisound 3.jpgTechnics RS-741US 2.jpgToshiba PT-884.jpgHeathkit AD-1013 2.jpgJVC MM-4 14.jpgJVC MM-4 17.jpgJVC MM-4 18 Test.jpgPioneer SD-1100 2.jpgTechnics SH-3433 1.jpg

Quadro King,
if you are interested in another piece, I bet I have a few Millennium DTS decoders in the basement, if you want one and want to pay the shipping, I would donate it to the pile or piles.
Stay good friends with an audio repair guru, you will be his best customer. Amazing.

I would really like one of those Dual CD40s, I know trs the same guts as my JVC demod, but they probably used better caps and pots. Plus it would go better with my Dual turntable. Don't those use sime sort of din connectors too? German equipment and thier DINs...

Holy Mottolla! This thread is a quad enthusiast's dream. Thanks so much quadro king

Quadro King,
if you are interested in another piece, I bet I have a few Millennium DTS decoders in the basement, if you want one and want to pay the shipping, I would donate it to the pile or piles.
Stay good friends with an audio repair guru, you will be his best customer. Amazing.

Hello quadtrade (y),

I must confess that firstly I had a look in the www to understand what nice offer you are making. Yes I would like a millennium dts decoder and naturally pay for the shipping. All problems which might occur with the Customs Authorities would be solved by me. As I have stated before I have engaged 3 engineers with different knowledge. If I have a problem with any device of my collection they have ne v e r failed.

Now for you and the community I send pictures of my quadro cassette recorders/players. The 8 track cartridge devices will follow later on.

Best regards

Akai MG-614 2.jpgAria Studiotrack IIII R504 2.jpgFostex X-28H.jpgNeal Model 140 2.jpgSolger Model 1 1.jpgTascam 134 Syncaset 2.jpgTascam 238 dbx 4.jpgTascam Porta One Ministudio 2.jpgYamaha MT-44 3.jpg

Hey Quadro King, I have a question. In your photo of the Neckermann deck, you have a Columbia QX tape. I assume it is Japanese, but would like to know if it is discrete 4 channel or matrix encoded 2 channel. I don't see any Columbia QX reels in Mark Anderson's Quad Discography. Thank you again for sharing your collection with us. I look forward to seeing more.

Hello JonUrban,

thank you for your kind answer. I will use the opportunity to send pictures about my 8 track cartridge recorders/players/casseivers Part 1

Blaupunkt ACR-845 2.jpgCBS Masterwork-340 1.jpgClarion PE424A & EE-023 4.jpgClarion Quadro Music Center 3.jpgDokorder MC-70A 2.jpgJVC 4ME-4810 3.jpgJVC MM-4 20 Test.jpgMGA SA-48 2.jpgMotorola MH5MR25A 2.jpg

The Solger Model 1 and possibly the Neal Model 140 seem to be designed specifically for Quadraphonic. I have never seen this before. Most 4 channel tape decks are geared more towards home studio recording, not Quadraphonic. WOW. I'm guessing there aren't any/many actual qudro cassette releases for those. Those decks would be very convenient when paired through the quadro DBX unit for easy quad listening and backups. WOW

Hello Q8,

you are right, quite a number of these devices ware offered for mini analogue studios or music bands. The solger model 1 was built by a student using a 4 track head with lo-fi quality. But I have transferred Q4 tapes, Q8 cartridge cassettes and CD-4 discs on more than 100 cassettes. So I have enough software for all these recorders and players. Now you will see pictures of digital multi track recorders using Minidisc DATA or SD/SDHC Cards. also Tascam had offered a 4 channel minidisc data recorder which I don't have.

Best regards

Edirol R-44 2.jpgEdirol R-44 4.jpgJVC MM-4 21 Test.jpgSony MDM-X4 MK II 1.jpgYamaha MD4 2.jpgYamaha MD4S 2.jpgYamaha MD8 1.jpgYamaha MD8 8.jpg

Hello Circular Vibes,
indeed the Neckermann tape deck must be a Japanese deck. But I haver never found out the company. You can record and playback in stereo and you can playback in discrete 4 channel. At that time in 1972/73 it was impossible to buy Q4 Tapes in Germany. So I had to wait for some years until I could buy some expensive Q4 tapes. Today the www and ebay helps a lot. Meanwhile you can see mor parts of my collection. Enjoy.

Best regards

Quadro King, you have NOTHING WHATSOEVER to apologize for! I was simply needling Q8, who clicked "like," so he obviously got my "good-natured needling." We're pleased as punch that you've chosen to join us here at QQ. We all share the same musical madness and you're our new hero.

Good morning Linda,

you are absolutely right. I am the newcomer with problems. But I hope you will forgive me....

Quadro King, you have NOTHING WHATSOEVER to apologize for! I was simply needling Q8, who clicked "like," so he obviously got my "good-natured needling." We're please as punch that you've chosen to join us here at QQ. We all share the same musical madness and you're our new hero.

Yes, it wouldn't be as fun without Quad Linda's good natured needling. Linda can give and take, so don't hold back with the sharp German wit. Direct it at QL. :) We joke around, but unlike other internet audio discussions, we rarely fight.

Yes, it wouldn't be as fun without Quad Linda's good natured needling. Linda can give and take, so don't hold back with the sharp German wit. Direct it at QL. :) We joke around, but unlike other internet audio discussions, we rarely fight.
It is times like this that prove that music is the universal language. We just choose to do it 4 times over! It makes me happy to see this humour amongst us.

It is times like this that prove that music is the universal language. We just choose to do it 4 times over! It makes me happy to see this humour amongst us.

Good morning Circular Vibes,

up to now I am very happy about the comments of a l l members. So don't worry about my feelings.

Your answer gives me the opportunity to continue my gear photos concerning headphones. Besides the "Sennheiser Surrounder" all quad headphones sound rather poor. Your can hear the music of all channels but cannot locate front and rear.

Best regards

Beyer DT-204 2.jpgKoss K-6LCQ 1.jpgMarantz HP-4DB 2.jpgPioneer SE-Q404 2.jpgSennheiser Surrounder 4.jpgStanton Dynaphase 60 5-4 C 6.jpgTechnics EAH-420 2.jpgToshiba HR-40 2.jpgVictor QTH-V7.jpg

Good morning Linda,

I think you are right. For all my quad cassette decks I have copied music from many originals like CD-4 discs, Q4 tapes and q8 cassettes and I have discrete analogue cassettes from Dietrich Raesch produced in the 1980's.
so I can use ca. 100 cassettes for the recorders. The cassette "Floetenorgel" (Flute Organ) I have produced by myself with 4 microphones and the Tascam DA-88 8 track Cassette Deck (see last picture) For the other speed 9,5 cm/sec I have copied special cassettes.

Best regards

141 Q4 Yamaha.jpg142 Q4 Flötenorgel.jpg143 Q4 Cinerama America Beautiful.jpg144 Q4 Caprifischer.jpg145 Q4 Fireballs.jpg146 Q4 Keybord.jpgTonstudio 1998 3.jpg

My experience with Quadraphones has been poor. First, I bought Koss K6LCQ. Not bad for stereo, but no front/rear separation. I also bought Superex QT-4B's. Again poor.
IMG_4622.jpg
SUPEREX QT-4 QUAD-TETTE 4 CHANNEL HEADPHONES 3.jpg

I still have them both, but prefer my stereo Superex phones with its' separate woofers and tweeters: 5c5ac6ce4c0f0b05f6af7edacd7e3ab0.jpg

In addition, I've sold the Pioneer, JVC, and Sennheiser Quadraphones. IMHO, all poor. I'm told there are modern surround headphones that have stunning separation and image placement. Since I haven't really used any headphones in years, I won't be in a hurry to spend the thousands they cost.

...Your answer gives me the opportunity to continue my gear photos concerning headphones. Besides the "Sennheiser Surrounder" all quad headphones sound rather poor. Your can hear the music of all channels but cannot locate front and rear...

Good morning Linda,

for stereo listening I have some high end earphones. The most remarkable was produced by AKG Austria. It consists of a psych acoustic processor and earphones. You can choose between 9 dummy heads using a test cd. Then at the beginning you must sit in front of the loudspeakers, because your brain refuses to accept the fact that the music indeed comes from their position. When you press "bypass" the music is in your head as with normal headphones. Attached you see pictures of my high end stereo headphones. The third one was produced by Bayer Germany and are a home cinema headphone with Dolby and dts.

the next part of my quad collection will start soon.

Best regards

AKG System 1000.jpgAKG BAP-1000.jpgAKG K 1000.jpgStax Lambda Signature 1.jpgStax Lambda Signature 2.jpgStax SRDS.JPG031 Beyerdynamic Headzone Game.jpg032 Beyerdynamic HBC 1.jpg

Back