Roger Waters The Wall Live - Official Release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rontoon

800 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
This thread is dedicated to the impending release of Roger Waters live Wall show. Official announcement any day now.

Queue the Foreigner music....

You may think think this isn't a serious post...

[video=youtube;3dOx510kyOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dOx510kyOs[/video]

It is.

I've been waiting for this for a few years now.

I've been waiting for The Wall in 5.1 since 1979.

I've been waiting for The Wall Live(video) since I saw it in 1980.

Great news RonToon! Gracias! (y)

I hope you're not mixing up bands on purpose Dennis. That would be very bad indeed...

If the Wall tour is being released, that is good news indeed!
It was without a doubt the best concert I have ever been to, and I don't think anything will top it.

Yes, I would rather have a 5.1 SACD/Blu-Ray of the original Wall album, but that seems to be infinitely stuck on the back burner so a live concert release of this tour will be very welcome indeed.

Actually I sent Criterion an email the other day suggesting that they release the Wall film on Blu-Ray.

About time, excellent! While we still await The Wall studio 5.1 and a PF dvd of The Wall concerts, this will do nicely. They were indeed excellent shows.

[video=youtube;3dOx510kyOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dOx510kyOs[/video]

It is.

I've been waiting for this for a few years now.

I've been waiting for The Wall in 5.1 since 1979.

I've been waiting for The Wall Live(video) since I saw it in 1980.

Great news RonToon! Gracias! (y)

Yes, and it's been in your alltime top 5! :)

I'm in (assuming its on Blu-ray with 5.1).

Saw this in Melbourne a couple years back. Great show but I was sitting way too close in the 7th row. Got neck strain trying to view everything that was going on!

I'd also like the original PF version on SACD or BDA but I guess that will never happen.

I'm in (assuming its on Blu-ray with 5.1).

Saw this in Melbourne a couple years back. Great show but I was sitting way too close in the 7th row. Got neck strain trying to view everything that was going on!

I'd also like the original PF version on SACD or BDA but I guess that will never happen.

When I'm booking for seats I always try to get them near the mixing desk.
Often they are the best seats, cause the sound is optimal there. :)
And the quadro effects were immerse.
Great gig.

I hope Col is right with this piece of news. I wonder which concert will see the light of day, if it will be the one recorded in Greece in the first leg of the tour or any from the outdoors venues. Wonder also if David Gilmour appearance on the O2 will be there. In any case, they were memorable gigs and the release will be for sure worthy.
Can this be the reason for the delay of amused to death?

I hope Col is right with this piece of news. I wonder which concert will see the light of day, if it will be the one recorded in Greece in the first leg of the tour or any from the outdoors venues. Wonder also if David Gilmour appearance on the O2 will be there. In any case, they were memorable gigs and the release will be for sure worthy.
Can this be the reason for the delay of amused to death?
Actually, it wasn't Col who broke the news yet. He just posted that there was a big announcement coming from the Waters camp. It was someone else who spilled the beans on the forum.

I hope you're not mixing up bands on purpose Dennis. That would be very bad indeed...

If the Wall tour is being released, that is good news indeed!
It was without a doubt the best concert I have ever been to, and I don't think anything will top it.

Yes, I would rather have a 5.1 SACD/Blu-Ray of the original Wall album, but that seems to be infinitely stuck on the back burner so a live concert release of this tour will be very welcome indeed.

Actually I sent Criterion an email the other day suggesting that they release the Wall film on Blu-Ray.

"Don't cross the streams.... It would be bad..... Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light."

Heavens no, my good fellow. My original plan was to embed Foreigner's - "I've Been Waiting" and then link the Car's "You Might Think" video. Alas, no "double videos" are permitted so I needed to think fast on my feet and retain the original spirt of my post. I figured we'd all know the Foreigner song that is pertinent here(for waiting) and I went with the Car's video.

@iMachine. YES, in fact The Wall is one of my top 5 all time records. :eek:

@ceasar: I don't see how Roger could pass up the chance to include the London 02 show with Gilmour(maybe ego?)

@RT: sincere thanks for writing Criterion. If more people expressed their consumer wants, we'd have more product.

@RonToon: Thanks for the update, may we ask how you found this out?

Raising a child didn't allow the expense of Roger Waters Wall tour for my wife and I, so I am thrilled to get the video. I saw Roger in 1985 and didn't appreciated his "versions".
His later tours he chose to be more authentic to the Pink Floyd music, so I expect The Wall is also more true to the original. Can't wait.

@RonToon: Thanks for the update, may we ask how you found this out?
Col, owner of AFG and the forum posted that there is big Roger Waters news about to break any minute. Someone close to the band, and has had some major scoops in the past, posted that it was going to be the live Wall release (the current one as oppose to 80-81). He even revealed that the audio from the show was being taken from the Manchester gig, a different source from the video.

But now it seems there is some back-peddling going on and it's possible that we've all been baited. The announcement may not have anything to do with a release of The Wall concert. We shall see soon enough.

EDIT: I guess that Col did post this on pinkfloydz.com after all...

The Wall Live DVD For September? Well that's what we are hearing anyway. Still waiting on official sources but it looks as if the long awaited DVD of Roger's The Wall Tour 2010 - 2013 is about to surface in September. Naturally we will keep you updated as soon as we hear more. UPDATE We still don't know for sure but think this might be a THEATRICAL RELEASE. We should add that details at this time are still very sketchy and should not be relied upon.

Why do these things e.g. The Wall, Amused to Death take so long to come out?! None of us are getting any younger.

I see someone started a similar thread on another forum, and that gentleman had a hat and a cat!

I really hope the London 02 show where Gilmour (and Mason) guested is included somewhere, as I was there :eek:!

"THEATRICAL RELEASE"? - Does that mean its The Wall movie being released on DVD and Blu-ray? Any other theatrical versions ever done?

You can add a 3rd rumour:
Official PF Endless River release announcement
There has already been an official release annoucement for The Endless River.

This upcoming announcement is Roger Waters news, not Pink Floyd. I'm guessing that the news is Wall-related but I don't think we'll see an actual DVD/Blu-ray release until 2015. By "theatrical release" I'm assuming that this means having a limited run of the concert film in movie theaters.

BvZ9OUpCEAArD4U.jpg:large

Let's hope that the following serves as a prologue or epilogue and is not intercut with the concert footage.

"The Wall includes a highly personal and moving journey through France and Italy as Waters visits the WWI cemetery in which his grandfather, killed in 1916, is buried, and the monument near the Anzio beaches on which his father's name is inscribed. On the hundredth anniversary of the First World War's outbreak, this film shows that art so often springs from memory — and we can never forget."

http://www.tiff.net/festivals/thefestival/programmes/specialpresentations/the-wall

Keep expectations low: according to Col's site: " We understand the film is a documentary about The Wall Tour 2010 - 2013 and Its synopsis promises an "exhilaratingly visceral experience" of rock showmanship. As to The Wall Tour DVD our best information at this stage is it won't be out until 2015 at the earliest. We know that's going to piss a lot of people off but we did warn you our prior information was not to be relied upon". Bummer!

Back