Roger Waters The Wall Live - Official Release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after reading the scarce info available, I still have some hopes for this theatrical release : clocking at 133 minutes long, there's time enough for the full concert plus the documentary (hopefully the concert footage can be seen without the documentary interruptions)

Worst expectations confirmed: documentary in the middle of the concert and no date for the Bluray :(

The documentary is not just in the middle, it is interspersed throughout the show. Part of the purpose of screening films at festivals is to start a bidding war between distributors. There is little chance that this won't find it's way to DVD/Blu-ray for the home video market. And being the auteur that he is I have a feeling that this is exactly the film that he wants people to experience and I highly doubt that there will be a concert-only version included in the eventual release... but I sure hope I'm wrong! Odds are this will be released in 2015.

I hate rockumentaries you just get into the music and then some roadie is interviewed about the choice of pies at lunchtime or whether bringing only 133 different guitars was enough.

Give me only the concert footage every time.

I hate rockumentaries you just get into the music and then some roadie is interviewed about the choice of pies at lunchtime or whether bringing only 133 different guitars was enough.

Its not that type of rocumentary at all. Its actually very well done and moving and tells the story of how Roger learned about how his father died at Anzio and where his remains are buried. My only gripe is in regards to how many times one can sit through these sequences.

Its not that type of rocumentary at all. Its actually very well done and moving and tells the story of how Roger learned about how his father died at Anzio and where his remains are buried. My only gripe is in regards to how many times one can sit through these sequences.

Any reviews that mention the film's surround mix? No one on the sound credits I recognise.

I really do hope there is a 'concert only version' on blu-ray but with the recent announcement of the new 4k Blu-ray coming in late 2015 I hope this isn't going to delay The Wall until it's a marquee 4k release!

The audio was reported to be as good as the live show. Should sound incredible. I also would assume that any distribution deal would mean a release asap on as many current formats as possible.

As stated earlier I really hope there will be an option to see the 'concert only' version. I can't see myself watching the doc more than once.

As stated earlier I really hope there will be an option to see the 'concert only' version. I can't see myself watching the doc more than once.
I agree and hope there's a concert-only option as well. But I somehow doubt it. To quote a post from a friend of mine, "I doubt that Roger's ego will allow him to dilute his vision of what he wants us all to see by providing a basic uninterrupted concert film as an option."

Same reason you will never see an official release of the original wall show(s)

Please, just the concert footage, with slow paced editing. Put the doco on the extra disc.

CGbiUCbUAAAGleE.jpg

Great! Just purchased my ticket! Not a cheap ticket, but at least the movie theater is only a few miles away from me.
The concert itself was so incredible! Best concert I've ever been to BY FAR, so I can't wait to relive the experience at the movies!
Plus I'm looking forward to the Roger Waters & Nick Mason Q&A afterwards. Should be a great evening indeed! :)

Back