Roger Waters The Wall Live - Official Release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the concert footage interspersed with Roger's ego. ;)

Also...

Mr. Matthews,

Is there a release date for this title on home video (Blu-ray/DVD)?

http://www.picturehouseentertainmen...wall-to-cinemas-worldwide-this-september.html

Hi Ron

It's set for Nov 23rd

Thanks

Mike

Mike Matthews
Picturehouse Entertainment Sales ([email protected])

Thanks for inquiring, Ron!
It'll definitely be a purchase for sure (although I might not have any money left with all of the other surround mixes that are forthcoming…) ;)

I just wrote back to Mike to see if he'd give me more info about the home video release (extras, concert-only version, press release date...)

By the way, tickets in Europe are beginning to be available. In Madrid Yelmo cinemas are pre-selling tickets at 11€.

I hate audience shots. A pet peeve of mine. :howl

You and me both, man.
It was particularly an issue on several McCartney DVDs from last decade like "Back in the U.S." and "Paul McCartney in Red Square/St Petersburg"
Not to mention that they added further insult to injury by mixing up the songs from the setlist order, not including all songs performed, and interspersing documentary footage after each song.

Looks like a lot of that will also be present in this upcoming film (except the full setlist will hopefully be intact and in order), but I'm willing to give this film the benefit of the doubt for its US cinema premiere, simply because this was my favorite concert I ever attended, and I'm looking forward to experiencing this show again in a different way. :)

Do you know the differences between the deluxe and regular edition? Marbles made with Roger's teeth?
I'm joking, but could not find a lot in the German site

I'm hoping that the 2 disc edition has the concert only disc as the extra one. Any chance?

I'm hoping that the 2 disc edition has the concert only disc as the extra one. Any chance?

Had I to bet, I'd say that the deluxe will be a cd/Blu-ray combo.
In my wildest dreams I still long for the original Wall concerts...

Had I to bet, I'd say that the deluxe will be a cd/Blu-ray combo.
In my wildest dreams I still long for the original Wall concerts...

I'm hoping that the original Wall concerts will come out at some point. I've read a few times over the years that RW has been working on these with a view to their release.

cd/Blu-ray combo - what would the cd contain? If its the concert only, then why not have the concert only film on the blu ray too :upthumb

Back