Roger Waters The Wall Live - Official Release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the 80's, Roger went on record saying that the footage of the '80/'81 Wall concerts wasn't good enough to be released. But around 15 years ago he started making the occasional mention that he was revisiting the footage and stated that newer video technology was available to make the footage more watchable and releasable. He stated that he was happy with the preliminary work that had been done on the footage and was hoping to eventually release it. Obviously this hasn't happened yet and now I doubt it will anytime soon given that he will likely not want to take attention away from the movie of his solo version. Footage of one song did get issued on the DVD inside The Wall Immersion box set, unfortunately they chose one of the shortest songs on the album! ("Happiest Days of Our Lives.")

There also has been talk in recent years about the 1982 Wall movie being prepared for a Blu-ray release. And of course around the time of the release of the Immersion box, Guthrie had stated that there were plans for a 5.1 SACD release of the original album but that the deteriorating quality of the multi-track tapes meant that it would take a considerable amount of time before that could be accomplished. Who knows if/when either of these will see the light of day.

So, how about this for an insane idea that will never happen: a 2nd Immersion box for The Wall with the following:

1) 1982 movie on Blu-ray (with 5.1 audio)
2) 1981 concert film performance on Blu-ray (with 5.1 audio)
3) Original album in 5.1 (On SACD? Blu-ray?, DVD-A?)
4) Roger's complete original demo of the album
5) Movie soundtrack on CD/SACD

An insane idea that would never happen, I know, but I can dream, can't I? :zzzzz

PrivateUniverse draw it up and Snood will be the first to preorder ...........say 200 bux??? :banana:

Snood not sure if the people running the show realize how much of a cash cow The Wall is.........So maaaaaaaaany people would order this (Wall Immersion Set with 5.1) at insane prices.

Snood is one of them!!! :mad:@:

Seriously how many out there can remember getting "The Wall" on vinyl and sniffing the new packaging.......Snood did (a few times), and for a sec if me thinks about it (like right now) me can still smell it.

PrivateUniverse draw it up and Snood will be the first to preorder ...........say 200 bux??? :banana:

Snood, oh man think of my retirement (still too many years away) and start the bidding at less that $100, otherwise the price will end up being much, much higher.:eek:

Snood, oh man think of my retirement (still too many years away) and start the bidding at less that $100, otherwise the price will end up being much, much higher.:eek:

Ok Starting bid 100............Evil Snood bids 200 Muhahahahaha - Kidding of course unless you bidding against Snood on Ebay

But yeah double album Immersion you know its gonna be expensive, more expensive then the previous 2..........and yet Snood not scared away.............iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's THE WALL

So, how about this for an insane idea that will never happen: a 2nd Immersion box for The Wall with the following:

1) 1982 movie on Blu-ray (with 5.1 audio)
2) 1981 concert film performance on Blu-ray (with 5.1 audio)
3) Original album in 5.1 (On SACD? Blu-ray?, DVD-A?)
4) Roger's complete original demo of the album
5) Movie soundtrack on CD/SACD

An insane idea that would never happen, I know, but I can dream, can't I? :zzzzz

This is a fantastic idea.. I'd also love to see such a compilation - let's hope someone with the power to make it happen is reading this!

And now a pic, but no info on the deluxe yet

Attachments

• FB_20150913_16_25_31_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20150913_16_25_31_Saved_Picture.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 251
Huh? where have I been? Is this the original movie, The Wall? Or something different? :confused:

EDIT - oops, nevermind...jeez. The Wall is a Pink Floyd release...not Waters.

Could there be a chance that the 2nd disc contains the original album in surround? I know Roger got some exclusive rights to The Wall as part of the divorce. Does that include the right to rerelease it under his name? That would be pretty much incredible... :)

Back