Jethro Tull WarChild Remixed 2014

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnN

2x5.1.2
Thursday, August 21, 2014
An EXCLUSIVE interview with IAN ANDERSON (Jethro Tull)!
NEW BLOOD, OLD VEINS: An EXCLUSIVE interview with Jethro Tull’s IAN ANDERSON

By Stephen SPAZ Schnee
Read more: www.discussionsmagazine.com/2014/08/an-exclusive-interview-with-ian.html
Two days ago I was listening to Steven (Wilson) in the studio as we were working on a remaster of the War Child album from 1974. He’s a good guy and I’m sure he will do a good job as long as he wants to keep doing it… but he’s got his own life to live, and I have to feel sometimes a little embarrassed that he keeps being given yet another old Jethro Tull album to remaster.

Great! Better late than never!

It probably won't be ready for a 2014 release, but maybe Spring 2015? Hope springs eternal! :)

Thursday, August 21, 2014
An EXCLUSIVE interview with IAN ANDERSON (Jethro Tull)!
NEW BLOOD, OLD VEINS: An EXCLUSIVE interview with Jethro Tull’s IAN ANDERSON

By Stephen SPAZ Schnee
Read more: www.discussionsmagazine.com/2014/08/an-exclusive-interview-with-ian.html
Two days ago I was listening to Steven (Wilson) in the studio as we were working on a remaster of the War Child album from 1974. He’s a good guy and I’m sure he will do a good job as long as he wants to keep doing it… but he’s got his own life to live, and I have to feel sometimes a little embarrassed that he keeps being given yet another old Jethro Tull album to remaster.

Thanks JohnN :)

Lots of artists still mixing up the term "remixing" & "remaster". Ian uses the phrase "remaster" quite loosley here. Its just nice to use the right term cause it clears any confusion on what we are getting as consumers...

Ian Anderson wrote:

"but he came to my attention at a time when EMI were looking to remix and remaster some of the old things in 5.1 surround and so on. I read about Steven Wilson doing some work with Robert Fripp remastering some King Crimson stuff, so I thought, “well, obviously this guy knows what he’s doing.” So I directed EMI to Steven who said yes..."

WOW!!! What a bombshell. The way IA says it, its clear that the motivation for a surround mix came from the record company! :yikes

And obviously, this is news direct from the Gods about Warchild being the next 5.1 remix. Life Is Good!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I wonder if a nice new transfer of the old Quad mix will be included in the Warchild package alongside SW's new 5.1 remix..?

Well we do have precedent with Aqualung so there's hope. Then again we got a Blu-ray release with Aqualung which hasn't been repeated. Hmm...

I think the Quad mix will be included even if just on DVD-V.
The Aqualung package had the 5.1 and Quad mixes on both the DVD-V and the Blu-Ray so I choose to believe this is how it will be for War Child. :)

Who got it??? Not us working class dudes, I assure you my good man. Perhaps the upper-class got it??? :confused:

Upper class? So it's real maple syrup but no BD? That stuff is expensive out west!

FWIW I see the box set has come down on Amazon by almost 38 freakin' percent. I can never tell when to hold and when to pull the trigger on these releases :mad:@:

Last edited:
I must say I was never a big fan of "WarChild" until I listened to it again recently, and it really has grown on me.
There's still songs I don't care for though like "Bungle in the Jungle" and "Two Fingers" (I prefer "Lick Your Fingers Clean").

This will be a really pleasant album to get in 5.1, but I'm waiting more for "Minstel in the Gallery". :)

I had War Child on quad reel but it sounded distorted in the bass so will be nice to hear it sounding clean. Then after this how about the best Tull album: Heavy Horses. I had the horrific Columbia House reel of that one.

Upper class? So it's real maple syrup but no BD? That stuff is expensive out west!

FWIW I see the box set has come down on Amazon by almost 50 freakin' percent. I can never tell when to hold and when to pull the trigger on these releases :mad:@:

The cheapest I see is $89.00. Is this the one you mean?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...Anniversary+Collector's+Edition&condition=new

You other guys are quite silly indeed. After War Child Ian Anderson will give us Songs From The Wood. :cool:

I must say I was never a big fan of "WarChild" until I listened to it again recently, and it really has grown on me.
There's still songs I don't care for though like "Bungle in the Jungle" and "Two Fingers" (I prefer "Lick Your Fingers Clean").

This will be a really pleasant album to get in 5.1, but I'm waiting more for "Minstel in the Gallery". :)

It seems they are going in chronological order. So after War Child should come Minstrel, which is the release I would be most looking forward to. Id also like "Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die". but who knows if they'll go that deep into the catalog.

It seems they are going in chronological order. So after War Child should come Minstrel, which is the release I would be most looking forward to. Id also like "Too Old to Rock and Roll, Too Young to Die". but who knows if they'll go that deep into the catalog.

As long as Chrysalis (the record company who own the Jethro Tull albums) want to release Collector's Editions of more Jethro Tull albums and as long as someone wants to remix them in surround (like Steven Wilson or even Jakko Jakszyk), the Jethro Tull albums will continue to be released like this.
Ian Anderson (like Robert Fripp and Andy Partridge) is truly entrenched in the 5.1 camp and definitely wants more Tull albums released in surround. :)

Minstrel is the one I'd really like as well, we can but wait and see!

Back