BS&T's Child Is Father to the Man - Audio Fidelity 5.1 SACD (Oct 2014)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I predict that this title will the the one that really gets the AF 5.1 SACD program off the ground and it will receive some excellent press and reviews. It's great that AF was able to free this from the bowels of Sony and get it out to the public so Al Kooper can get the recognition he deserves for his work(s) and we can all enjoy it as he meant it to be heard.

Agreed. Great to see a classic unreleased 5.1 mix make it to the market. The BS&T 5.1 will be another SACD that will enhance Kooper's reputation and fame. Let the AF Multichannel SACD releases - 5.1 and 4.0 - continue.... :)

My guy Joe had pre-ordered the Child SACD for me. Joe E-Mailed me this morning that the release has been pushed back to November 11th. Don't blame the messenger.
My messenger says the following in an e-mail received just hours ago:
COMING THIS OCTOBER!

~~~~~~~~

STREET DATE: October 21st

~~~~~~~~

Blood Sweat and Tears

"Child Is Father To The Man"

Hybrid Multichannel SACD 5.1

AFZ5 195 S.R.P. $29.99

We have this as an October 21st release but we expect the CDs to be available sooner.

We look forward to your orders

My messenger says the following in an e-mail received just hours ago:
COMING THIS OCTOBER!

~~~~~~~~

STREET DATE: October 21st

~~~~~~~~

Blood Sweat and Tears

"Child Is Father To The Man"

Hybrid Multichannel SACD 5.1

AFZ5 195 S.R.P. $29.99

We have this as an October 21st release but we expect the CDs to be available sooner.

We look forward to your orders

Because you are a fancy schmancy membership dude..woo hoo:woopie:wave

My guy Joe had pre-ordered the Child SACD for me. Joe E-Mailed me this morning that the release has been pushed back to November 11th. Don't blame the messenger.

Audio Fidelity is still trying to hit the original Oct 21st release date. Too early to know whether that will happen - or whether November 11th will end up being the actual release date.

I wonder what the release date will be..acoustic sounds has Oct 21st..and amazon has Nov 11th...still no dates on ImportCD's and Bullmoose has Nov 11th...

Audio Fidelity is still hoping to hit the Oct 21st date release date, but it could slip. As always, the process of approvals, test pressings, pressings, etc. takes time.

The good news is that the 5.1 SACD is worth the wait. It offers a look at what Blood, Sweat & Tears was like pre-David Clayton Thomas. A more rock oriented, less jazzy style.

Audio Fidelity is still hoping to hit the Oct 21st date release date, but it could slip. As always, the process of approvals, test pressings, pressings, etc. takes time.

The good news is that the 5.1 SACD is worth the wait. It offers a look at what Blood, Sweat & Tears was like pre-David Clayton Thomas. A more rock oriented, less jazzy style.

Certainly a different style..I'm listening to Thomas belt out those songs on the self titled SACD right now...his voice fits perfectly in the arrangements on that album...but I am curious to hear this 5.1 mix...if this title slips into November it will join one of the most productive months for me in hi rez releases...what a month November is going to be!..helps me drown out all the political talk..ugh...

Certainly a different style..I'm listening to Thomas belt out those songs on the self titled SACD right now...his voice fits perfectly in the arrangements on that album...but I am curious to hear this 5.1 mix...if this title slips into November it will join one of the most productive months for me in hi rez releases...what a month November is going to be!..helps me drown out all the political talk..ugh...

It's closer to Super Session than Blood, Sweat & Tears musically. As for the 5.1 SACD of Child Is Father to the Man, looks like an October release from what I'm seeing.

An update on the 5.1 SACD of Child Is Father to the Man. Audio Fidelity reports that the SACDs are shipping to distributors this week. The current release date of November 6, 2014 looks on target.
This will be a good one! :)

The 5.1 SACD edition of Child Is Father to the Man is now In Stock at Acoustic Sounds!

Now In Stock - 400w.jpg
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/9...Is_Father_To_The_Man-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD

Opened mine up today and checked out the booklet. It shows the vinyl labels, but for the stereo version only. I would assume this came out on SQ, maybe not?

Back