New JRiver Media Center release - come over to the dark side... :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skindzier

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Hi folks - As I've said before, I listen to all of my music through a PC using JRiver Media Center. Their most recent release has a feature I've wanted for years - the ability to apply DSP per track. So what does that mean to a surround freak? In Jriver's DSP they have room correction where you can adjust levels per channel, and they have a 10 band EQ. Soooooo, that means if you have a disk (or even individual tracks on a disk) that needs EQ or channel level tweaking, you can do it once, apply it & never have to do it again!

My test case was the Rumours 5.1 mix. There's three songs (Dreams, Go Your Own Way & Silver Springs) that never sounded right in my default setup. I spent a few minutes tweaking each appropriately and saved off the DSP settings & played the album - it was a beautiful thing. :)

Highly Recommended...

I'd like a pitch control, or does it already have that?

Yep!

pitch.jpg

Anyone know if jriver can play a music DVD or any kind of DVD for that matter? I have the product but all it seems to want to do is play downloaded files.

Anyone know if jriver can play a music DVD or any kind of DVD for that matter? I have the product but all it seems to want to do is play downloaded files.

I play all my concert DVD's through J River.

You have to convert them to ISO and then associate the ISO file with daemon Tools so that it mounts the ISO.

Back