Tapestry, The Sopranos & David Bowie Headline New DSD Downloads on Super Hi Rez

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Super HiRez continues to dip into the Sony Music catalog for some of their Stereo DSD Downloads. Today they have new ones by Carole King (Tapestry), The Sopranos Soundtrack, David Bowie (Reality), Jorma Kaukonen (Blue Country Heart - a DSD recording) and Tony Bennett & K.D. Lang (A Wonderful World).

The Sopranos download is a particularly good deal since it's selling for $29 - less than the original 2-SACD set on Single Layer Stereo SACD. It features 25 tracks including music by The Police, Henry Mancini, Otis Redding, Cake, Frank Sinatra, The Rolling Stones, Ben E. King, Elvis Costello, The Kinks, Bob Dylan, Keith Richards, The Pretenders, Van Morrison, Nils Lofgren, R.L. Burnside and Dominic Chianese along with dialogue from the TV series. Recommended!

The Sopranos.jpg
The Sopranos: Peppers & Eggs - Music from the HBO Series (Stereo DSD Download, Sony Soundtrax XSON37924D64)
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/9...Eggs_-_Music_From_the_HBO_Original_Series-DSD

Dominic Chianese I noticed was in the Godfather 2, he was Hyman Roths assistant- Johnny Ola The Soprano's music was chosen by David Chase-the ending credits music mostly-great selections, good buy indeed.

Dominic Chianese I noticed was in the Godfather 2, he was Hyman Roths assistant- Johnny Ola The Soprano's music was chosen by David Chase-the ending credits music mostly-great selections, good buy indeed.

It's a very interesting and wide ranging set of music. The Police, Sinatra, Mancini, the list goes on.... :)

Seems to be missing Woke up this morning, or am I missing something ?

i don't see Woke Up This Morning either...as far as i know it isn't on the Peppers and Eggs disc. which is a shame...killer tune!!

only on original soundtrack...

Detailed item info
Album Features
UPC: 074646391129
Artist: Original Soundtrack
Format: CD
Release Year: 1999
Record Label: Sony Music Distribution (USA)
Genre: Rock & Pop, Singer, Songwriter

Track Listing
1. Woke Up This Morning - (Chosen One Mix)
2. It's Bad You Know
3. It Was a Very Good Year
4. Gotta Serve Somebody
5. Inside of Me
6. I Feel Free
7. Mystic Eyes
8. State Trooper
9. I'm a Man
10. Complicated Shadows
11. The Beast in Me
12. Viking
13. Blood Is Thicker Than Water
14. I've Tried Everything

Details
Playing Time: 54 min.
Distributor: Sony Music Distribution (
Recording Type: Studio
Recording Mode: Stereo
SPAR Code: n/a

Album Notes
Producers include: Matthew "Boss Hog" Vaughan, Tom Rothrock, Sony Burke, Miami Steve, Robert Sigwood.Engineers include: John "Big JW" Wilkinson, Tom Rothrock, Andy Grassi.THE SOPRANOS was nominated for the 2001 Grammy Award for Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media.Audio Mixer: Andy Wallace.Editor: Stewart Whitmore.Built on a foundation of Martin Scorcese's mob-film soundtracks (classic rock anthems and studiously chosen oldies) and the mystique of New Jersey's twin musical sons (Springsteen and Sinatra), THE SOPRANOS soundtrack album is a great roots-minded mix-tape for those willing to make the leap from the classic to the modern.The canon selections come from under-appreciated deep catalogs (Dylan's preachy "Gotta Serve Somebody"), unceremoniously forgotten thrashers (Them's fierce garage-punk on "Mystic Eyes"), and more obvious candidates (Cream); while the Boss and the Chairman are represented by tracks that could've been designed to be used expressly as film music. To modernize the program, there's A3's "Woke Up This Morning," a bit of techno-twang created by programmers well-versed in Hank Williams and Muddy Waters that also serves as the show's theme; and cuts by avant-roots stalwarts Los Lobos and RL Burnside. As a comp, THE SOPRANOS bridges the gap between Hall of Famers and freaky new traditionalists.

..and don't forget there are surround versions of Tapestry, Reality, Blue Country Heart, A Wonderful World.. maybe we'll get M/C downloads of those one day, seeing as the SACDs are OOP and pricey.

..and don't forget there are surround versions of Tapestry, Reality, Blue Country Heart, A Wonderful World.. maybe we'll get M/C downloads of those one day, seeing as the SACDs are OOP and pricey.

Exactly.png

Dang, I blew right past "Stereo" and thought this was MCH...:(

Acoustic Sounds has said on multiple occasions that they are planning to release 3 Channel and 5.1 Channel DSD Downloads. Of course, they need to get record label clearances first.

In the meantime, there are now over 425 Multichannel DSD Downloads from NativeDSD.Com and PentaTone, mostly classical. Of interest, we should be seeing the 5.1 Multichannel Jazz DSD Downloads from Challenge Jazz very soon now. On Acoustic Sounds and the others, I suspect we will hear an update on their Multichannel plans in October at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver.

Seems to be missing Woke up this morning, or am I missing something ?

I played that song on youtube and after hearing it I am glad it is missing. I have this Sopranos album on a physical disc format (SACD) that I paid way less for.

I played that song on youtube and after hearing it I am glad it is missing. I have this Sopranos album on a physical disc format (SACD) that I paid way less for.

And the new Stereo DSD Download costs quite a bit less than the out-of-print Single Layer SACD - now going for $70 to $100 on eBay!
Nice to have it available at a reasonable price again ($29.99). :)

Well you are in the stereo SACD forum and Acoustic Sounds doesn't do multi-channel for downloads.

Actually Acoustic Sounds has said on multiple occasions that they will be selling Multichannel DSD Downloads. The only question is when will they become available?

Back