ALL ABOUT MUSIC

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is in a music store and happens to see this Cd you might want to grab it...I bought it for 99 cents in Best Buy a year ago and it sounds excellent for a CD...I happen to think about it recently because I have been wondering if MoFi is ever going to produce this SACD..MoFi has a trend of mentioning these releases and then they vanish...they tweak your interest and then the project goes nowhere....I'd love to see some Cars on SACD...

So, today was Christmas at my parent's house.....family is big enough and spread out enough that we never know how or when all can commit to a date...so today was the day.

My parents are older and I was the last child to leave home back in the early 80's. So, I had the whole upstairs to myself back then. Was a cozy little nook, lots of privacy, etc. What I totally didn't realize is that my folks have not moved ANYTHING from when I left. So, I went up there (it's more like a little attic bedroom) for the first time in a LONG time. Whoa...what a time capsule. I found in my old dresser all my old drawings from high school (late 70's). Opened a closet and there was a rack full of my 8-tracks! Wow! Totally forgot about them. Also found 2 shoe boxes full of old cassette tapes of mine. And...a bunch of old albums I had collected. Shocking.

I need to get back there and go through that stuff and bring it home to pappa. lol Great memories. The first 8-track I noticed today was BTO - Fragile. Perfect condition. No wrinkles on the label at all.

So, thinking back to my early years as a teen driver and all the great music that was so important in my "vehicles".
So - first.....there was my dad's truck. That was the first vehicle I was allowed to drive to school back in 1977. It was a 1972 Ford F150. Red. Nice truck. Since my pappy was letting me drive it to school - I bought a used underdash Craig 8-track player and a little 40 watt Radio Shack "booster" as it was called. I had some little JBL monitor speakers behind the seat. I thought it totally rocked. That's my first memory of stereo in the vehicles.

Then - I got my first car. A 1972 Cutlass 4-4-2. 2 door hard top. maroon, black stripe down the hood, white bucket seats. Was critical to get improved stereo. My first was a Pioneer Supertuner indash. Jensen Triax 6x9 mounted in the rear deck and some little 4" Jensens in the front door panels. I honestly don't remember what kind of amp I had...but those Triax speakers simply rocked. It was well known in my little town that I loved to jam and cruise. No mercy...windows down...stereo cranked. Black Sabbath was played often during those days...they were the soundtrack of my early years. Such wonderful memories.

Music has always been an important part of my life...it's amazing when I look back all those years and the single thing that is always present...is the music.

So, thinking back to my early years as a teen driver and all the great music that was so important in my "vehicles".
So - first.....there was my dad's truck. That was the first vehicle I was allowed to drive to school back in 1977. It was a 1972 Ford F150. Red. Nice truck. Since my pappy was letting me drive it to school - I bought a used underdash Craig 8-track player and a little 40 watt Radio Shack "booster" as it was called. I had some little JBL monitor speakers behind the seat. I thought it totally rocked. That's my first memory of stereo in the vehicles.

Then - I got my first car. A 1972 Cutlass 4-4-2. 2 door hard top. maroon, black stripe down the hood, white bucket seats. Was critical to get improved stereo. My first was a Pioneer Supertuner indash. Jensen Triax 6x9 mounted in the rear deck and some little 4" Jensens in the front door panels. I honestly don't remember what kind of amp I had...but those Triax speakers simply rocked. It was well known in my little town that I loved to jam and cruise. No mercy...windows down...stereo cranked. Black Sabbath was played often during those days...they were the soundtrack of my early years. Such wonderful memories.

Music has always been an important part of my life...it's amazing when I look back all those years and the single thing that is always present...is the music.

6X9 speakers...geeze...the 80's are calling...LOL...everybody seemed to have those speaker cutouts...I had a Clarion stereo in one of my cars...had it installed in my Thunderbird...

6X9 speakers...geeze...the 80's are calling...LOL...everybody seemed to have those speaker cutouts...I had a Clarion stereo in one of my cars...had it installed in my Thunderbird...

Yes, the 80's are calling. I loved my 6x9's. I really pushed those Jensens really hard. Seemed like they could take some punishment.

Calling all "diehard" Eagles fans...if you have been looking for a good price on their super duper trinket laded(blankets..pictures..a book..etc)History Of The Eagles...today only they are having a sale at Pop Market for $169.99...you may not be able to see the price if you aren't registered HERE

Feeling a little "Peanut's Christmas".....just ordered the SACD of Vince Guaraldi Trio. A Charlie Brown Christmas.

No high expectations....but I used to have the LP way back in the day.

51aNa13vC1L._SX355_.jpg

You are killing me man...this new Gos...Gos 2.0 I guess...anyway I'm loving this new you...so spontaneous..

Dude - you don't know the half of it. I spent all morning listening to John Lennon songs. I am SO going to buy Lennon SACD's. I'm all over it. Need to pace myself though....a bit pricey. If you're not a Lennon fan...just listen to Plastic Ono Band, by John Lennon. Whoa! I mean, the lyrics are intense. Amazing.

81f2DLVCzJL._SY355_.jpg

Dude - you don't know the half of it. I spent all morning listening to John Lennon songs. I am SO going to buy Lennon SACD's. I'm all over it. Need to pace myself though....a bit pricey. If you're not a Lennon fan...just listen to Plastic Ono Band, by John Lennon. Whoa! I mean, the lyrics are intense. Amazing.

81f2DLVCzJL._SY355_.jpg

Not sure how others feel about this song from the Plastic Ono Band...but I think it's simplistically amazing!!!

LOVE - John Lennon

[video=youtube;2GmVajkqLNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmVajkqLNU[/video]

It's the 50th anniversary of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" this year. I still remember watching it the first year it was on. I watched it on our little dining room TV because nobody else in my family wanted to watch it.

Doug

Don't get me started......please...don't. I realize that it pisses me off that John Lennon was taken away from us all way too early. I mean...he was a Beatle. Jeez...let him live his life and contribute. Who knows what he would have done musically...look at Paul. Look at George...just not fair.

OK - so here's MIND GAMES by John Lennon. Amazing tune....just dripping with that early 70's sound. Love it.....

[video=youtube;8dHUfy_YBps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dHUfy_YBps[/video]

It's the 50th anniversary of "A Charlie Brown Christmas" this year. I still remember watching it the first year it was on. I watched it on our little dining room TV because nobody else in my family wanted to watch it.

Doug

Dang - 50th??? That's amazing. I have watched that cartoon often.....still love to watch it. Brings back excellent memories of childhood...which sure feel much nicer than today.

Not sure how others feel about this song from the Plastic Ono Band...but I think it's simplistically amazing!!!

LOVE - John Lennon

[video=youtube;2GmVajkqLNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmVajkqLNU[/video]

Great song. Love John's solo stuff. I grew up with the Beatles, but have a special fondness for John. Probably because when I was around age 17 people randomly started telling me, "Hey, you look like John Lennon!" My most memorable "Lennon Spotting" was in the early 80's in Sapporo Japan. I was walking across a crowded indoor beer garden and a beautiful Japanese girl said, "John Lennon!" :eek: 20141222_171531.jpg Me, circa 1971.

Great song. Love John's solo stuff. I grew up with the Beatles, but have a special fondness for John. Probably because when I was around age 17 people randomly started telling me, "Hey, you look like John Lennon!" My most memorable "Lennon Spotting" was in the early 80's in Sapporo Japan. I was walking across a crowded indoor beer garden and a beautiful Japanese girl said, "John Lennon!" :eek: View attachment 16719 Me, circa 1971.

HAHAHAHAHA! That is the most amazing thing ever. Awesome picture...and yeah....I can see why folks said you look like Lennon. I really want to know what kind of beer that is in that can....

HAHAHAHAHA! That is the most amazing thing ever. Awesome picture...and yeah....I can see why folks said you look like Lennon. I really want to know what kind of beer that is in that can....

I believe that particular can is Cragmont Cola. Lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back