How to Receive Your Replacement Blu-Ray of Opeth's "Pale Communion"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The defective disk is on top.

IMG_20140919_142525.jpg

i do not have this yet but want it. roadrunners shipping is a bit high...but assume thats the only way i would be assured of getting the corrected disc? without listening..is there any distinction between bad and corrected disc?

I'd just buy (a defective) one (from your seller of choice) and order a replacement (as above) - while they're still available...

thanks all...ordered! $15 amazon prime is awesome...my last purchase using the free 30 day Prime trial before i have to cancel. will have it by tuesday so i can then redeem code

So- I did the redemption thing and only got an email re: the d/l's. I called Amazon and they wanted me to return it and check another copy- they said they wanted to know if they had a bunch of bad ones (CS rep told me there had been no reports of bad discs- I told him the thread where I found out about the authoring problem had a post from someone who'd returned his disc to Amazon?!?!? Anyway, same deal, uncorrected disc. So I emailed CS at the warner redemption site and included the directions from the 1st post; told them I'd never heard back about a replacement. I goit a reply w/ a new code that took me to an order page for a replacement at no charge. Got an email confirming order then another confirming shipping.

So- if you haven't been able to get a replacement, you can try that.

Curious how hard this thing will hit once it's more in phase. It's pretty dynamic now, but even phatter low end will make it even better. Love this mix- even on defective disc.

IIRC- even the corrected disc still has one channel out of phase? The sub channel? If that's all, I can easily change phase 180 on my sub. Will check back in poll thread. Looking forward to the corrected disc- really liking the original. Now metal at all really, but progressive. Never heard Opeth before. Loved Akerfeldt's work w/ SW on Storm Corrosion- led me to this.

I acquired a replacement disc way back when, but it seems through poor house keeping I haven't labelled the defective one properly! As far as I can remember the replacement disc has poorer printing on it but for the life of me I can't remember what the actual problems were on the original disc so I can work out which is which, can anyone remember?

I’ve just discovered this issue… How can I tell the difference? Please could you tell me the numbers on the playing side of the disc on the inner ring you have to hold it up to the light to read it. I have 2 copies one ends in V01 and the other V02… thanks Andrew M
Defective Blu-ray disc: LY01 7/9/2014 3175735.1.A VD01 M1S2
Replacement Blu-ray disc: LY01 9/7/2014 3175735V2.1.A VD01

Defective Blu-ray disc: LY01 7/9/2014 3175735.1.A VD01 M1S2
Replacement Blu-ray disc: LY01 9/7/2014 3175735V2.1.A VD01
The numbers I have are:
S1 1686175735/BD/1.2 V02 TLW (Made in the EU) and S1 1686175735BD/1 V01 GPD (Made in the EU)

Are either of these defective do you know?

The numbers I have are:
S1 1686175735/BD/1.2 V02 TLW (Made in the EU) and S1 1686175735BD/1 V01 GPD (Made in the EU)

Are either of these defective do you know?
I forgot to mention that I have US-pressed disc so that's why my numbers are different than yours.
For EU-pressed disc the numbers are:
Defective Blu-ray disc: S1 1686175735BD/1 V01 GPD
Replacement Blu-ray disc: S1 1686175735/BD/1.2 V02 TLW

So V02 in your case is definitly the corrected one. ;)

I forgot to mention that I have US-pressed disc so that's why my numbers are different than yours.
For EU-pressed disc the numbers are:
Defective Blu-ray disc: S1 1686175735BD/1 V01 GPD
Replacement Blu-ray disc: S1 1686175735/BD/1.2 V02 TLW

So V02 in your case is definitly the corrected one. ;)
Thanks so much for your help! At least I have one which is OK… 👍🙏🎸🎸

Back