The WHO HITS 50 BLU RAY AUDIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why not? Petty did it...CSNY did it... with so many songs already in 5.1 (quadrophenia...tommy) it would be a shame if they didn't...

Not sure what CSNY you are thinking of...but CSNY 1974 was not in surround and the key word in my post was price point...and Tom Petty Anthology was WAY over $29.99 as there was no standalone blu ray offering..you had to buy the box set(which I did and glad I did)...so my feline friend the chances of getting 41 songs in surround for around $30 seems unlikely to me:kitty:

Not sure what CSNY you are thinking of...but CSNY 1974 was not in surround and the key word in my post was price point...and Tom Petty Anthology was WAY over $29.99 as there was no standalone blu ray offering..you had to buy the box set(which I did and glad I did)...so my feline friend the chances of getting 41 songs in surround for around $30 seems unlikely to me :kitty:

Doh! silly me... not the first time...don't know why i have such a mental block with that CSNY disc :mad:@:

one can only hope! i'd buy it just to have Eminence Front and Who Are You in 5.1!

Well we know at least one of these songs is already in the can. "Who are You" mixed in 5.1 was available as an Easter egg on an earlier DVD version of the "Kids are Alright".

Last edited:
Not sure what CSNY you are thinking of...but CSNY 1974 was not in surround and the key word in my post was price point...and Tom Petty Anthology was WAY over $29.99 as there was no standalone blu ray offering..you had to buy the box set(which I did and glad I did)...so my feline friend the chances of getting 41 songs in surround for around $30 seems unlikely to me:kitty:
I think corneredcat may have been referring to Petty's Hypnotic Eye blu-ray, which should retail for around $20.

It seems like it's going to be a while before we get details on this. The blu-ray might not even come out this year, despite the December street date that's out there.

It seems like it's going to be a while before we get details on this. The blu-ray might not even come out this year, despite the December street date that's out there.

Of all the new releases this one is my lowest priority...I'm not expecting much in the sound quality area....IMO it will be like most compilation discs with inconsistent results..more on the CD sound quality side than hi rez...

Actually it was the prize for a trivia game on the disc.

-Kristian

Looking at that track listing, I would gladly forgo Real Good Looking Boy, It's Not Enough and new track Be Lucky to have Under My Thumb and the Ready Steady Who EP included.

So I guess that means I need to order the re-released Who Singles SHM SACD that I had passed on previously due to this Blu-ray possibility.

So I guess that means I need to order the re-released Who Singles SHM SACD that I had passed on previously due to this Blu-ray possibility.

I have a feeling that one isn't going to be very good in the sound quality department...most of these compilation discs suffer from inconsistent results and this one has a strange mastering effort...it appears it was done by more than 1 person(4 is what I have read)...cdJapan describes it as "partial"...I was thinking about it but decided to pass..

Back