The WHO HITS 50 BLU RAY AUDIO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please be 5.1. Please be 5.1. Please be 5.1.

Super Deluxe Edition talked about the compilation when it was announced as a 2CD set. They said it might be a Blu-ray Audio. Seems that's the case now!

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-who-hits-50-new-compilation/

I'll get 5.1 or not.

2CD Edition

• UK Pre-order: Who Hits 50
• USA Pre-order: Who Hits 50
Track listing

Disc 1

1 “Zoot Suit” (as The High Numbers)
2 “I Can’t Explain”
3 “Anyway Anyhow Anywhere”
4 “My Generation”
5 “Substitute”
6 “The Kids Are Alright”
7 “I’m A Boy”
8 “Happy Jack”
9 “Pictures Of Lily”
10 “Boris The Spider”
11 “The Last Time”
12 “I Can See For Miles”
13 “Call Me Lightning”
14 “Dogs”
15 “Magic Bus”
16 “Pinball Wizard”
17 “I’m Free”
18 “The Seeker”
19 “Summertime Blues” (live)
20 “See Me, Feel Me”
21 “Won’t Get Fooled Again” (single edit)
22 “Let’s See Action”
23 “Bargain”
24 “Behind Blue Eyes”
Disc 2

1 “Baba O’Riley”
2 “Join Together”
3 “Relay”
4 “5:15″
5 “Love Reign O’er Me”
6 “Postcard”
7 “Squeeze Box”
8 “Slip Kid”
9 “Who Are You”
10 “Trick Of The Light”
11 “You Better You Bet”
12 “Don’t Let Go The Coat”
13 “Athena”
14 “Eminence Front”
15 “It’s Hard”
16 “Real Good Looking Boy”
17 “It’s Not Enough”

I'd be interested in knowing if it's all stereo or just the newer stuff.

Its bloody annoying if there really is a BluRay of these Who classic hits! Why don't they tell us officially !
If they ever want this format to work (BluRay Audio) then they have to be 'far' more pro-active on getting the public to buy them. The Gentle Giant recent promotion was great to see.
If I was trying to educate the public on BluRay Audio i'd get every retailer who sells them to actually 'play' them in the shops and HiFi retailers and educate the public the benefit of High Resolution Audio.
Many people have home cinemas already, it's absolutely crazy that the people who market music isn't spending a bit on promoting this new format. Everyone with a BluRay player can play these compared to SACD which to me is a format that I have had big problems getting them to play in 5.1 properly considering there is very few players on the market that can actually play a SACD.

Check the DVD of Whos Better, Whos best for mono, stereo, 5.1

The two CSI themes are definately 5.1

And anything from the Tommy sacd and Quadraphenia blu-ray should be 5.1 too...

I'm trying to get details and will post them here as soon as I get them.

Elusive Disc has a release date of Oct 27th and Acoustic Sounds has Dec 9th...the December date seems more realistic to me...the tour doesn't start until Nov 26th and the publicity will ramp up closer to that date IMO...I think it will be 2.0...just too many songs for surround...especially at that price point..

Elusive Disc has a release date of Oct 27th and Acoustic Sounds has Dec 9th...the December date seems more realistic to me...the tour doesn't start until Nov 26th and the publicity will ramp up closer to that date IMO...I think it will be 2.0...just too many songs for surround...especially at that price point..
The most recent dates provided to retail are 10/27 for the single and double CD versions and 12/9 for the LP and Blu-ray versions. As we all know, blu-ray audio and LP release dates are squishy, so let's keep our fingers crossed for 12/9.

I agree that 2.0 is more likely but they may surprise us.

The most recent dates provided to retail are 10/27 for the single and double CD versions and 12/9 for the LP and Blu-ray versions. As we all know, blu-ray audio and LP release dates are squishy, so let's keep our fingers crossed for 12/9.

There is one interesting tidbit in the description...it says "newly remastered" HERE

one can only hope! i'd buy it just to have Eminence Front and Who Are You in 5.1!

why not? Petty did it...CSNY did it... with so many songs already in 5.1 (quadrophenia...tommy) it would be a shame if they didn't...

EDIT...OOPS!..csny did NOT

Back