Oppo BDP103 discoveries.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After this Firmware release my Barenaked Ladies DVD A disk plays !!!

Both are Koo Releases...........Snood lub me some BNL - got them all , but love the Steve Page BNL the best

A new firmware release for the 103s and 105s came out on Nov. 6.

Just updated my 103 and all seems fine so far. Oddly, I have network notification set but it hadn't told me about the update yet and I had to do a manual check/update. It's a very quick update, less than five minutes.

I don't do that because I like to wait and see if there are any problems with the firmware update...hasn't happened with Oppo yet... but I have had problems with other devices associated with the actual firmware updates..

Happy Thanksgiving, Clint.
I used to download the betas before they were "official" never had a problem even then.
The betas get extensive real world testing before going official.
For the past year or more I just set it to auto.
The only issue is that I still need to check the website to see what the changes are.
It would be nice if they set the player to tell you when the update was done so you look at the changes if you felt like it.

Happy Thanksgiving, Clint.
I used to download the betas before they were "official" never had a problem even then.
The betas get extensive real world testing before going official.
For the past year or more I just set it to auto.
The only issue is that I still need to check the website to see what the changes are.
It would be nice if they set the player to tell you when the update was done so you look at the changes if you felt like it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you!..It's not only functional problems that sometimes occur...it's software changes that you don't want that are implemented...if they take away a function you can't get it back...on one series of Oppo's this happened...if you implement the automatic function you have no idea what the firmware is going to do before it is done...

Back