Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best price I've seen for US customers HERE
Yea, if it actually shows up in the mail. I still have not received 80s Hits SACD that was shipped September 22. I need to wait one more day (15 business days) before I can request it be reshipped. Here's my USPS tracking number: 92748932508047000007114841

Way back when SFTBC was released, I always wondered if that 'live' part of "Broken" was really that. I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't just the studio recording with an audience and reverb dubbed in to make it sound live.

Chris Hughes, the producer, says it was a live recording. Not sure from where as they'd been playing Broken as a song for a couple of years already at their gigs.

Don't know when it was posted, but the HFPA Blu-Ray is now available to preorder on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NMPSQUQ/

:)

The Amazon description talks about DVD-Audio! LOL They can be utterly clueless at times and are probably responsible for maintaining many people's confusion around the formats :rolleyes:

Still nothing on Amazon UK though. As much as I'd like to support Blu Ray Audio, I'll probably wait a bit to buy this. The DVD-A in the box set delivers everything the Blu Ray does, so I'll probably pick up The Hurting and SFTBC when I have some spare cash burning a whole in my pocket and when I'm going through an OCD completist phase ;)

Decisions, decisions...Stand alone BluRay or the box???

It's a no-brainer for me. The 5.1 and new 2.0 mixes on the DVD-A in the box are the same resolution as the Blu Ray so if DVD-A isn't an issue, the box set, with all its extra content is clearly the best value :) That said, I believe (no pun intended!) the Blu Ray also has the 1985 2.0 mix, although not sure of the resolution, so that might swing it.

That said, my OCD will probably get the better of me and I'll buy the Blu Ray soon ;)

Don't know when it was posted, but the HFPA Blu-Ray is now available to preorder on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NMPSQUQ/

:)
Well, they have the correct HFPA disc case displayed but now this:
Item Under Review
This item is currently unavailable because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We're working to fix the problem as quickly as possible.
Amazon just can't seem to get these BDA releases listed correctly.

I kind of knew that Amazon Canada would revise their release date as they had this coming out Nov 4th, but given I have a listening session with some friends from out of town this Saturday and we only do it once a year or so I was really hoping this would be there in time. It's revised now to November 17th, one week AFTER the US release date which is par for the course for many items from Amazon Canada. Oh well, it's almost here...at least my Drums + Wires should arrive from Amazon UK before week's end.

On November 2, I received an order update email from Amazon USA regarding the BluRay Audio edition

The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we expected
Previous estimated arrival date: November 14 - 18
New estimated arrival date: November 13 - 17

Today, November 7th, I receive an update again

Unfortunately the release date has changed
Estimated arrival date: December 12 - 16

In less than 5 days, it goes from arriving a day early to a month later - :rolleyes:

On November 2, I received an order update email from Amazon USA regarding the BluRay Audio edition

The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we expected
Previous estimated arrival date: November 14 - 18
New estimated arrival date: November 13 - 17

Today, November 7th, I receive an update again

Unfortunately the release date has changed
Estimated arrival date: December 12 - 16

In less than 5 days, it goes from arriving a day early to a month later - :rolleyes:

Must be a European pressing and being shipped over to the USA, Burning Shed just e-mailed to say mine has been posted.

Back