Depeche Mode Delta Machine album 5.1 mix on live DVD & Blu-Ray Deluxe Set

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am happy this is released in 5.1 but sure dislike fact of how they package these things in more expensive boxsets and don't give you a stand alone option.
This sure is a expensive end to the year if trying to get all the 5.1's that are coming out.

peter

No Blu ray Edition????????!!!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I don't want to buy a deluxe set just to get 1 Blu-ray. Why not release it separately? This album was one I had hoped they would've put out in 5.1 earlier.

If ordered from Amazon US at the current price, this set works out at around £25 before shipping (or the dreaded VAT at point of entry to the UK).

Being a DM fan and having all their 5.1 material, this is a welcome addition, given that it appeared they had abandoned the format altogether. I'm happy to buy the box, as a fan, but a standalone would've been nice.

It will be interesting to see what the UK price ends up being.

Yes it isn't to bad a preorder price at amazon.com coming in at 31.98.
Very strange that the concert is in dvd only as part of this set yet they release delta machine on bluray. Why wouldn't it be a complete bluray release but am happy that the album gets a lossless release so not complaining about that.
Here is preorder link from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O5LQCFM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Agree. This is a reasonable price. Good on 'em!

Yes it isn't to bad a preorder price at amazon.com coming in at 31.98.
Very strange that the concert is in dvd only as part of this set yet they release delta machine on bluray. Why wouldn't it be a complete bluray release but am happy that the album gets a lossless release so not complaining about that.
Here is preorder link from amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O5LQCFM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I read somewhere that Anton Cobjin didn't want it released on Blu Ray, so I guess it was an artistic choice?

It's a shame because the visuals he designed for the set on this tour were pretty amazing.

I just found out about this today and ordered it from Amazon for the $31.47 asking price. All I really want is the 5.1 Blu-ray mix. It is a shame that the concert part isn't available on BD. So, here's hoping it's coming soon because DVD's are soooooo yesterday. :howl

I just found out about this today and ordered it from Amazon for the $31.47 asking price. All I really want is the 5.1 Blu-ray mix. It is a shame that the concert part isn't available on BD. So, here's hoping it's coming soon because DVD's are soooooo yesterday. :howl
unless you listen in the car:) please keep supporting DVD 5.1 releases

What's a Blu Ray CD then?

Bloody marketing copy muppets strike again ;)

It's also not the only non 5.1 release - "Tour Of The Universe" is faux surround, and the last studio release was stereo only as well.

I assume you're referring to the live DVD of the Barcelona gig? I'm less critical of live DVD's in 5.1 but looking at the audio credits. they seem to have employed a lot of people to supervise a faux surround mix. But far be it from me to question your superior inside knowledge :)

Yes, Delta Machine was the first to seemingly shun a 5.1 mix and that really disappointed me but this forthcoming release atones for that and I am looking forward to hearing it :)

Back