Elliot Scheiner & Audio Fidelity Announce 5.1 SACD Partnership

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know about that 5.1 mix existing for Infinite Arms! Do these record companies not want my/our money or what??? Just put it out (DVD-A, SACD, Blu-ray they can choose) and I'll buy it IMMEDIATELY. Probably Band of Horses' best most consistent album.

Yeah if there's a market for Better than Ezra, there's a market for Band of Horses. I too would buy that in an instant. I haven't bought any AF SACDs yet because they don't appeal to me. If there's a mix already done then put it out.

I didn't know about that 5.1 mix existing for Infinite Arms! Do these record companies not want my/our money or what??? Just put it out (DVD-A, SACD, Blu-ray they can choose) and I'll buy it IMMEDIATELY. Probably Band of Horses' best most consistent album.

Depends on the availability to license and whether or not they see a big enough market to cover the cost of paying the advances and licensing costs, preparing the release and pressing, warehousing and selling the discs.

So our host bought a XMAS disk? Even SH himself stayed away from this one.

I'm totally going to get it, what better way to endure some Christmas music around Christmas time with family visiting and the smell of turkey and some fine single malt scotch in the air than to have it presented in high resolution 5.1 mixed and mastered by Elliot Scheiner?

Granted if they do several volumes I'm out, but for this one I'm voting "yes" to Audio Fidelity's decision to partner with ES.

I'm totally going to get it, what better way to endure some Christmas music around Christmas time with family visiting and the smell of turkey and some fine single malt scotch in the air than to have it presented in high resolution 5.1 mixed and mastered by Elliot Scheiner?

Granted if they do several volumes I'm out, but for this one I'm voting "yes" to Audio Fidelity's decision to partner with ES.

It's a fun one. You'll enjoy it.
See my new review at https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?19749-New-York-Voices-LET-IT-SNOW-SACD

Sounds great! I'll buy it as soon as it's released in a lossless LPCM-based format (Blu-ray, DVDA, or flac download).

That type of comment is not appropriate for a poll thread. Just a friendly reminder. No I'm not a moderator but this type of thing has been explained many, many times so I feel duty-bound to point it out. Please don't take it as a personal attack because it is not. It is exactly as I said..a friendly reminder.

I find this choice for release very weird. I love me some New York Voices, but I am not a Christmas music fan.
Why not do their "Sing the Songs of Paul Simon" album or something else awesome by NYV?
I'm not even a little interested in this.

Back