Elliot Scheiner & Audio Fidelity Announce 5.1 SACD Partnership

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHY WHY WHY SACD??????

Bluray or even DTS 96/24

SACD is the "CD" ...NOT HIGH RES!!!!!!

I do not mind when something is released on SACD, if nothing else is available. (personally I do not have the '' cat ears" problem some experience with playback of sacds). The pricing of sacds and dsd download as well, is more of a concern to me. Rather overpriced, especially compared to the excellent cd/bda combo's Panagyric is releasing.

And why a Christmas album as the first of ES series? Most likely a marketing decision, but does AF really think they will get new customers interested in surround because of a Christmas album?

I do not mind when something is released on SACD, if nothing else is available. (personally I do not have the '' cat ears" problem some experience with playback of sacds). The pricing of sacds and dsd download as well, is more of a concern to me. Rather overpriced, especially compared to the excellent cd/bda combo's Panagyric is releasing.

And why a Christmas album as the first of ES series? Most likely a marketing decision, but does AF really think they will get new customers interested in surround because of a Christmas album?

IMO a well done album can sound great on any format...when I listen to Avalon or any of the Elton John SACD's all I hear is great sound...and it's nice to not need a monitor to guide thru the menu system to listen to a disc...all these formats have their downside...I'm not driven by numbers or graphs or charts..all it has to do is pass the "listen" test...at the end of the day that is the only test that matters to me...

On the selection of the Christmas album...it might have been chosen because it was already available(done by ES previously)and AF wanted to get something out there as soon as they could to kick off the partnership with ES...his name is well known in audiophile circles...

Muzak versions at best and at $29.99 - Very disappointing initial offering by 2 great entities. (n)

Elliot Scheiner what has become of you?

IMO a well done album can sound great on any format...when I listen to Avalon or any of the Elton John SACD's all I hear is great sound...and it's nice to not need a monitor to guide thru the menu system to listen to a disc...all these formats have their downside...I'm not driven by numbers or graphs or charts..all it has to do is pass the "listen" test...at the end of the day that is the only test that matters to me...

On the selection of the Christmas album...it might have been chosen because it was already available(done by ES previously)and AF wanted to get something out there as soon as they could to kick off the partnership with ES...his name is well known in audiophile circles...
Thanks, sounds reasonable.

(n) I've been waiting TEN f***ing years for these Elton 5.1's! If this is what it takes to get them out at last (I don't think it is going to bring that about but still) let's be having the bloody mixes!!!!
Me too.
Since we can wish here,
I wonder is there's any chance that AF would expand into DSD downloads like licensing their stuff to Acoustics Sounds for download.
I realize that downloads are not everyone's cup of tea but it is an expanding market and perhaps a way to get more exposure for AF.

Me too.
Since we can wish here,
I wonder is there's any chance that AF would expand into DSD downloads like licensing their stuff to Acoustics Sounds for download.
I realize that downloads are not everyone's cup of tea but it is an expanding market and perhaps a way to get more exposure for AF.

If you visit the Audio Fidelity web site, you will see that it includes a menu selection for music downloads. So they are clearly thinking about the possibilities.

In the meantime, there are over 1,200 DSD downloads on Acoustic Sounds Super HiRez, Native DSD, DSD File, Blue Coast, etc. Plenty of good choices - and DSD Downloads - to get started!

http://positive-feedback.com/Issue75/hires_download.htm

I will buy this because Christmas is right around the corner. Will get me in the mood for all the presents I suspect will follow from Audio Fidelity and Elliot Scheiner.
Phil

I will buy this because Christmas is right around the corner. Will get me in the mood for all the presents I suspect will follow from Audio Fidelity and Elliot Scheiner.
Phil

Christmas gifts are coming early this year...in the month of November:)...instead of 8 reindeer we will have 8 albums....Relayer...Trilogy...Warchild..Songs From The Big Chair..Reckless..Endless River...Child Is Father To The Man...Signal To Noise...

Christmas gifts are coming early this year...in the month of November:)...instead of 8 reindeer we will have 8 albums....Relayer...Trilogy...Warchild..Songs From The Big Chair..Reckless..Endless River...Child Is Father To The Man...Signal To Noise...

Isn't that 10 reindeer's as also Delta Machine and Drums and Wires

Comon people.

I personally hate Christmas music. Bah Humbug. It makes me want to puke. Probably because I heard it too many times, and it reminds me that Christmas was once a decent time of year and now it's all about the $$$$. But I digress.

Look, it's the SEASON FOR CHRISTMAS MUSIC, so what's a better way to introduce a 5.1 partnership with ES than releasing a Christmas SACD that will appeal to a large cross section of customers. There is very little HiRez Christmas music, and even less in surround.

This release is all about the discovery and the splash. A Christmas SACD is likely to be noted by places that will take notice and generate publicity that will call attention to the ES/AF partnership which will pave the way for the future titles that you and I will drool over.

If you don't like something, posting that you will not buy it serves no purpose at all. Just don't buy it. There are many things that come out that I don't buy, but I don't thread crap in those threads and say "This disc is a waste so I'm not buying it".

Let's be positive. A few years ago, we would never have expected to be getting what we're getting this year. Box or no box.

Enjoy what comes out and what you like. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything they don't like. Even Marshall himself has stated that he does not want people to buy titles they don't like, which is why there is no subscription program for the 5.1 titles.

'tis the season............................ :)

very true! with even more to come that's not been announced yet! what a year for surround music!

...No one is forcing anyone to buy anything they don't like. Even Marshall himself has stated that he does not want people to buy titles they don't like, which is why there is no subscription program for the 5.1 titles.
The subscription that I had (now canceled) included the 5.1 titles. That's how I ended up with the Breezin' disk I needed to unload.

Look, it's the SEASON FOR CHRISTMAS MUSIC, so what's a better way to introduce a 5.1 partnership with ES than releasing a Christmas SACD that will appeal to a large cross section of customers. There is very little HiRez Christmas music, and even less in surround.

This release is all about the discovery and the splash. A Christmas SACD is likely to be noted by places that will take notice and generate publicity that will call attention to the ES/AF partnership which will pave the way for the future titles that you and I will drool over.

If you don't like something, posting that you will not buy it serves no purpose at all. Just don't buy it. There are many things that come out that I don't buy, but I don't thread crap in those threads and say "This disc is a waste so I'm not buying it".
You are right Jon, and apologies for my earlier posts. Dont want to be a negative voice in the Christmas choir, as the partnership between AF and ES is really exciting!

Back