Jim Alfredson THEO - Pledge music Blu-Ray option

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good but Blu Ray is a little pricey. That being said I do understand the cost. I think I will pledge some money to this cause. The more rock(in any form) the better IMO!

Pledged $10 done and shared on twitter!

I received my Bluray copy - it will take some time to learn the music..

First impression is that I really like the music and the surround mix..

no regrets on this one..

I received my Bluray copy - it will take some time to learn the music..

First impression is that I really like the music and the surround mix..

no regrets on this one..

I pledged and do want the 5.1 mixes but £30 plus postage and customs is a no no.

Listening to the 5.1 Blu Ray now and its quite a good mix, Happy with the purchase !

Nice proggy music plenty of Floydy Keyboards

hi apaul, the combo is also available from Big O records, http://www.big-o-records.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=31 Perhaps this works out better in terms of overall price.

I almost missed out on this, sounds interesting, so thanks for this link Robert. Only £17.04, inc. standard postage from the USA, for the CD/5.1 Blu-ray/FLAC combo package. It'll take 40 minutes for the FLAC download, which I can only play it if its stereo! So roll on the Blu-ray with 5.1 appearing in the post.

Strange thing indeed, it does not make sense, as you said, more than enough space to have hi res 5.1 as well. The difference in sound quality is very obvious when you switch the audio streams.

Good idea to ask Jim directly, hopefully he will make a hi res download available.

I also can recommend his B3 group organissimo-all their releases are worth picking up. He also runs a jazz forum where I have participated for several years.

I have been chatting with Jim on the above link about the AC3..

He plans to make the 5.1 lossless flac tracks available as a download..:)

I have invited him to join us here so that we can give him some feedback on his project..

I have invited him to join us here so that we can give him some feedback on his project..

Awesome - I was thinking of going for the Blu-ray, but I'll buy the hi-rez FLAC 5.1 if/when it's made available.. (y)

I ordered this disc on 1/25/15 and received it today (1/29) in good working order.

Holy cows: I love this disc! Very proggy, very active surround mix, apparently mixed by Jim himself and his first such effort. I think he did a great job and would recommend this to any progressive rock fan.

A sample can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_6OXW_cDO0

Check it out!

Has there been any movement on this?

After hearing the youtube clip I want the true hi-rez 5.1 version...

So when I placed my order of the Blu-ray combo/Flac....it opened a new window saying I could then download the FLAC file(s)
I guess I thought it would be 5.1, but at least what I can tell, it's stereo. Guess I'll have to wait for the Blu-ray disc to hear the 5.1....oh well.

Back