Jim Alfredson THEO - Pledge music Blu-Ray option

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great release, even if only in ugly Dolby Surround.
The most important thing is the music and the songwriting is truely excellent.

Also I don't have a problem with Dolby on this disc and the surround mix is great.

This output was a big surprise for me and I can say....this year starts brilliant again like 2014. :)
I believe we will get some surprises further on this year we never thought of.

Fingers x! :)

Whachya gonna choose? The "dreaded Dobly"..!) :p

image.jpg

Are the Flac 24/96 files available yet? I will buy those for sure. I pledged £10 but deleted the stereo files after initial listen, I am not interested in stereo music at all. I haven't ordered the Blu Ray due to the DD sound. I do look forward to MC files being available soon!

This is a great release, even if only in ugly Dolby Surround.
The most important thing is the music and the songwriting is truely excellent.

Also I don't have a problem with Dolby on this disc and the surround mix is great.

This output was a big surprise for me and I can say....this year starts brilliant again like 2014. :)
I believe we will get some surprises further on this year we never thought of.

Fingers x! :)

Got my copy today - it does sound excellent, I agree.

Why is everybody mentioning only Dolby? The menu shows dts as well.

Yes sorry that's my fault.. Pic of menu screen is from LeadBelly 64-95 DVD (or whatever it's called).. they misspelt it as Dobly :eek: (the British sense of humour and all that, donchyaknow!) :ugham:

Well it's DD,but it's the best sounding DD disc i have.And I really like the music and the mix too(y)

Count 1: I agree,
Count 2: I agree,
Count 3: I agreeeeeeee..!!!! :D

Its a great disc guys, I understand the disappointment for some that it's only 'Dobly' (and on a Blu-ray too) but I'm in full agreement with perzon57 ..everything about a surround disc that should get QQ-ers' salivating is right here!

I hear elements of Pink Floyd.....I would say A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON type stuff. I also hear some Alan Parsons Project influence here....some older YES occasionally. It really is good, sounds excellent. I've got the volume turned up quite a bit now and it is a super crisp, surround experience. Not a big fan of the simulated phone calls on start of first few songs....you know...like you are talking to a computer on hold. I could do without that...just get to the songs.

But...that is a very, very minimal gripe. Music is excellent and moody. Mostly "Floyd" like as others have said. It's all good and most certainly worth a purchase. Some of the keyboard jams remind me of early Dream Theater.....but just the keyboard parts....that's all good as well. Toss in an occasional Deep Purple sound....and I think that's what we have here.

EDIT - just now playing a tune called CREATURES OF OUR COMFORT. You know, I instantly thought of some older Robert Palmer when I heard parts of it. That's so very cool as well....

I must be missing something - why is this on Blu Ray? Is there video content or some sort of non DVD compliant element that requires 25 GB of storage space? Sounds like the mix and content are worth checking out - just can't wrap my head around putting an AC-3 stream on BDA

I hear elements of Pink Floyd.....I would say A MOMENTARY LAPSE OF REASON type stuff. I also hear some Alan Parsons Project influence here....some older YES occasionally. It really is good, sounds excellent. I've got the volume turned up quite a bit now and it is a super crisp, surround experience. Not a big fan of the simulated phone calls on start of first few songs....you know...like you are talking to a computer on hold. I could do without that...just get to the songs.

But...that is a very, very minimal gripe. Music is excellent and moody. Mostly "Floyd" like as others have said. It's all good and most certainly worth a purchase. Some of the keyboard jams remind me of early Dream Theater.....but just the keyboard parts....that's all good as well. Toss in an occasional Deep Purple sound....and I think that's what we have here.

EDIT - just now playing a tune called CREATURES OF OUR COMFORT. You know, I instantly thought of some older Robert Palmer when I heard parts of it. That's so very cool as well....

Just got round to playing this, I've had a few albums to get through in the pile! I'll add to this by saying a bit of Tangerine Dream as well :)

Awesome - I was thinking of going for the Blu-ray, but I'll buy the hi-rez FLAC 5.1 if/when it's made available.. (y)

Has anyone heard if the Hi-rez FLAC is going to be made available...

This sounds like its great, but not keen on Dullby.

Back