Suggestion for Quad receiver with a good headphone amplifier circuit.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Hi,
Looking for a quad receiver with a good headphone amplifier circuit and one that does a good job at synthesizing quad from a stereo source.
Thanks!

Howdy: Don't have any with good circuits anymore unfortuantely, but for synthesise many would recommend one of the better Sansui's probably. There are other areas in the Forum where models are compared so you might get an idea of what you really want.....also where are you located? That's helpful to know. John

Thanks for the reply! I am in Northeast Connecticut. Only need quad receiver for headphone use. I have an Involve surround master for regular listening.

Might I suggest that if you are using quad headphones, why not make use of your existing system and use a pair of stereo headphone amps. You would save on having two systems, both in money and in space, and you would not have to worry about maintaining a vintage piece. The repairs alone can be expensive.

Might I suggest that if you are using quad headphones, why not make use of your existing system and use a pair of stereo headphone amps. You would save on having two systems, both in money and in space, and you would not have to worry about maintaining a vintage piece. The repairs alone can be expensive.
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion, but my current system is in a different room. I have thought about getting another Involve Surround Master and two headphone amps, but I thought it would be simpler and cheaper to just use a receiver.
Joe

Back