Dance: Tiesto - Elements Of Life (HFPA 96/24 DTS-HD MA 5.1 and Auro 3D) - Dec. 2014

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Audi A3

Link

ImageHandler.ashx

VIDEO: Tiesto album mixed in Auro-3D

The seminal album Elements of Life by Tiësto will be released in an Auro-3D mix, bringing a natural and immersive sound to this classic dance album. Tiësto’s third studio album, Elements of Life was Grammy nominated for Best Electronic/Dance album during the 50th annual Grammy awards in 2008 and gold certified in numerous countries.
The album contains collaborations with JES, Christian Burns, BT and Maxi Jazz of Faithless fame.

Elements of Life in DTS-HD MA 5.1 and Auro-3D will become available on Pure Audio Blu-ray (24 bit/96kHz) through Magik Muzik/Black Hole Recordings. The album has been mixed by Ronald Prent, Chief Sound Engineer and Co-Founder of Wisseloord Studios, based in the Netherlands, and mastered by three-time Grammy award-winning Mastering Engineer, Darcy Proper.

Producer Dennis Waakop Reijers-Fraaij, commented: “Finally I could hear all the subtle details in terms of space and depth within the Auro-3D mix, which I couldn’t get from the stereo mix. Auro-3D and dance music make a fantastic combination as they are both all about the experience. Auro-3D is finally the largest step towards truly three dimensional audio, as this is the way we experience sound in the real world. Suffice to say, I’m very much looking forward to further co-operation in the near future”.

Wilfried Van Baelen, CEO of Auro Technologies, said: “We are delighted to release this album in Auro-3D. Mixing an album by such a prestigious artist as Tiësto shows that there's a growing appreciation for the immersive 3D sound developed by Auro Technologies. We are very happy to give a new dimension to this classic dance album.”

The album will be released worldwide as of December 2014 through all major physical retail channels incl. Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk and Bol.com.
- See more at: http://www.audiomedia.com/news/0001/video-tiesto-album-mixed-in-auro-3d/1446#sthash.FeTVsGFk.dpuf

Sounds great. Hopefully Darcy will NOT apply hard limiting this time.

Nice to hear Maxi Jazz will be on it. Now if we could only have Faithless in surround; that would be amazing.

Sounds great. Hopefully Darcy will NOT apply hard limiting this time.

Nice to hear Maxi Jazz will be on it. Now if we could only have Faithless in surround; that would be amazing.

I thought she only compressed the Mando Diao BDA Stereo not the 5.1!? (if that's what you're referring to?)

Check this youtube snippet about the 3D-Auro mix, with comments mainly by Ronald Prent.

Edit: OK, old news then... but the Auro3D channel has teasers for Lichtmond and Mando Diao as well...

Last edited:
I thought she only compressed the Mando Diao BDA Stereo not the 5.1!? (if that's what you're referring to?)

She applied hard limiting to the Within Temptation Blu Ray! I am worried she could do it again.

Love the third track - IIRC... The way the effects start in the front them pan to the back....(y)

Love the third track - IIRC... The way the effects start in the front them pan to the back....(y)

Bit of a Ronald Prent thing I reckon, I've noticed he does it in that Lori Lieberman one to great effect too. Hope we get some more albums of his mixing work soon (unless Auro 21.2 has died a death already!?)

Is there a poll of this disc (can't find it :( ), I'd like to vote :)?

Out of interest what would you give it out of 10?

I'd give it a 7 or 8, musically doesn't grab me too much.. and it's a rare occurrence where I'd rather there was less going on in the centre channel, too much of the doof-doof-ing is in there so it's a bit narrowed across the front and it feels less expansive and immersive than I feel it could be if there was more doof-ing in Front L&R.. maybe it's better in Auro 9.1 3D.. ;) ..I'll never know! if only I lived in a mansion! :D

Out of interest what would you give it out of 10?

I'd give it a 7 or 8, musically doesn't grab me too much.. and it's a rare occurrence where I'd rather there was less going on in the centre channel, too much of the doof-doof-ing is in there so it's a bit narrowed across the front and it feels less expansive and immersive than I feel it could be if there was more doof-ing in Front L&R.. maybe it's better in Auro 9.1 3D.. ;) ..I'll never know! if only I lived in a mansion! :D

I'd give it a 9, I like the music and the low end although you're right about the doof doof thing I still think it's an immersive mix.

I'd give it a 9, I like the music and the low end although you're right about the doof doof thing I still think it's an immersive mix.

I did mention somewhere on here before if someone hasn't got a capable centre speaker or the sub isn't setup in their system properly they'd wonder where the bass got to on some tracks as a lot of that doof-ing is in the centre channel..! :D

Edit: It reminds me of that Paul Van Dyk DVD (not the SACD) which is in 5.1 with a lot of doof-doof-ing etc in the centre (what's it called again? Mike? Help!)

I did mention somewhere on here before if someone hasn't got a capable centre speaker or the sub isn't setup in their system properly they'd wonder where the bass got to on some tracks as a lot of that doof-ing is in the centre channel..! :D

Edit: It reminds me of that Paul Van Dyk DVD (not the SACD) which is in 5.1 with a lot of doof-doof-ing etc in the centre (what's it called again? Mike? Help!)
Global Studio Mix - I presume.... :eek:

Back