Ripping Blu Ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the world of lossless, multichannel digital media! You'll also want DVD Audio Extractor for your DVDAs.

It is such a time-suck, but worth it. I've been ripping since December 1st, starting with all my hi-res multichannel music, followed by my DVD & blu ray movies, and then my CDs. I've got about 500 CDs to go!

Cheer up, you're done with the hard part. :mad:@: My 700 CD's were ripped a year ago before I knew that surround sound even existed......CD's were simple in comparison to high res.

I just finished ripping a small stable of 150 SACD, DVD-A, and BluRay audio discs. Now I'm in meta-data hell, but nearing the finish.

My biggest take away - if possible get the meta data complete when you first rip the disc. You'll waste a lot less time than I have!

I was under the mistaken impression that high-res FLAC metadata editing would be painless like it was for the CD's. Big mistake. The size of high-res multi channel files makes processing is slow and painstaking, although as many point out, a fast disk drive helps.

Cheer up, you're done with the hard part. :mad:@: My 700 CD's were ripped a year ago before I knew that surround sound even existed......CD's were simple in comparison to high res.

I just finished ripping a small stable of 150 SACD, DVD-A, and BluRay audio discs. Now I'm in meta-data hell, but nearing the finish.

My biggest take away - if possible get the meta data complete when you first rip the disc. You'll waste a lot less time than I have!

I was under the mistaken impression that high-res FLAC metadata editing would be painless like it was for the CD's. Big mistake. The size of high-res multi channel files makes processing is slow and painstaking, although as many point out, a fast disk drive helps.
Good going :) One thing though, as you mentioned that you cannot rip SACD, the ones that you ripped are probably only the red book layer.

What equipment do you have by the way? Some Oppo and Pioneer players are able to rip SACD.

Hey just so folks know:

I usually use an old Vista (yes Vista) laptop to use Audiomuxer and Make MKV since my Desktop does not have a Bluray player

Yesterday I decided to download Audiomuxer onto my PC since I was having a lil trouble with one MKV file.........So I went to the website downloaded the new version that came out this month and Norton Antivirus Security went ape sheeet and would automatically quarantine it over and over :yikes with a WS.1.Reputation reason

So Snood did some research and found that this is most likely a false positive, but wanted to be sure so I submitted the file to Norton for verification - here is there response:

in relation to submission 23296.

Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submission and, as such, the detection(s) for the following file(s) will be removed from our products:

File name: AudioMuxer_0.9.6.3_Setup.exe
MD5: 863b9a83ed989934b36188cdb8a3be9a
SHA256: 64710464bb4e88c2da12d217294697d225f7656bfe799d5ac5bb34ab0f556f1b
Note: Whitelisting may take up to 24 hours to take effect via Live Update

If detection persists, please contact support:
* Norton: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/info
* SEP: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/endpoint-protection.54619.html

Decisions made by Symantec are subject to change if alterations to the Software are made over time or as classification criteria and/or the policy employed by Symantec changes over time to address the evolving landscape.

If you are a software vendor and would like to upload your software for proactive whitelisting, please complete one of the following forms:
* If you are BCS customer: https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/bcs
* Otherwise: https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: the bananas are mine

So in other words the download is clean and they were quarantining it due to a lil used or unknown .execute process file - So in 24 hours or more it should be on their White list

Just a Heads up :cool:

I have a question...

Specifically, the new David Gilmour Blu-ray of Pompeii...

When I fire up the disc and open DVD Audio Extractor - it shows the following:

1: 1 hour 24 minutes - 11 songs DTS 96/24
2: 1 hour 08 minutes - 11 songs DTS 96/24

I may not have the exact information, but you get the idea.
How do I know what is what? Why are there 2 choices, with both seemingly similar, but off by minutes??

I have a question...

Specifically, the new David Gilmour Blu-ray of Pompeii...

When I fire up the disc and open DVD Audio Extractor - it shows the following:

1: 1 hour 24 minutes - 11 songs DTS 96/24
2: 1 hour 08 minutes - 11 songs DTS 96/24

I may not have the exact information, but you get the idea.
How do I know what is what? Why are there 2 choices, with both seemingly similar, but off by minutes??

First Set is 1hr 08min
Second Set is 1hr 24min

Like I said my man - I may not have the numbers right. My question is......what is the difference between the 2? :)
There are 21 tracks in total, in 2 groups.

The first 11 are part 1 of the concert. The second 10 are part 2 of the concert.
Yep, that's what I meant by Set 1 and Set 2. One is the opening set of the show, the other is the second half of the show. :upthumb

Like I said my man - I may not have the numbers right. My question is......what is the difference between the 2? :)
Part two has the credits, which is another six/seven minutes of music exclusive to this set..

FYI I recently updated to 0.9.6.4 AudioMuxer and now I'm constantly getting cue errors where everything past the 1/2 way mark is out of range and it creates the last track as one big long track. I'm going to go back to 0.9.6.1 as that's what I was on, to see if it fixes it.

I did find a way around it, when I back up the main feature to .mkv instead of doing a full Blu-ray back up, it works fine.

If it still occurs with .1 then I know the fault is with MakeMKV's full back-up rather than AudioMuxer but it only started occurring with the .4 version.

I checked it on a old disc too, same cue out of range error when trying to convert NIN's Beside You In Time.

FYI I recently updated to 0.9.6.4 AudioMuxer and now I'm constantly getting cue errors where everything past the 1/2 way mark is out of range and it creates the last track as one big long track. I'm going to go back to 0.9.6.1 as that's what I was on, to see if it fixes it.

I did find a way around it, when I back up the main feature to .mkv instead of doing a full Blu-ray back up, it works fine.

If it still occurs with .1 then I know the fault is with MakeMKV's full back-up rather than AudioMuxer but it only started occurring with the .4 version.

I checked it on a old disc too, same cue out of range error when trying to convert NIN's Beside You In Time.

When I have a problem with Audiomuxer, I use HD-DVD Blu-ray Stream Extractor. It rips the entire Blu-ray to one file and generates a cue text based on the chapters. Load the big file into the main Audiomuxer screen. Then load the text file. It splits it up nicely. I have been running that same version of Audiomuxer, 0.9.6.4, and haven't run into that exact problem but occasionally there are a few discs that doesn't load properly so I use that work around. Just put eac3to331 directly on C drive and put HD-DVD Blu-ray Stream Extractor in that folder. Eac3 is actually what Audiomuxer uses to convert...

Try Music Media Helper in the Media Player sub-forum on QQ and see if that does it ok.

Hi all...i'm trying to rip some blu rays using Makemkv and then Dvd Audio Extractor......however i dont know what to do once the backup (decrypted) is made by Makemkv......from Dvd Audio Extractor i dont know which files i need to open. None of the files created by Makemkv have a Dvd structure.....im just stuck at this point. Any of you have a detailed Tutorial (step by step) on how to rip the 5.1 files? Thanks and regards.

Back