HiRez Poll Pink Floyd - THE ENDLESS RIVER [BluRay Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Pink Floyd - THE ENDLESS RIVER

• Total voters
Interesting...cause...I LOVE this album..it is relaxing and it features Rick's keyboards more than any other PF release...it is the perfect "chill out" album..and the mix....ahh Andy Jackson is freakin' genius!!!!..
well, everything except for the LAST "song"...but nobody's perfect, eh? (and I'm not Canadian)

The various solo albums by Pink Floyd members have received mixed reviews over the years. About the only thing people agree on is the music from their heyday in the 1970s is still the most cherished. So, it's not surprising that The Endless River has also gotten mixed reviews.

But, I'm in complete agreement with kap'n krunch. I love both the music and the surround mix...a wonderful chill out album! Rick Wright really shines on this one. David Gilmour and Nick Mason give good performances, too. But, it's Rick's keyboards that hold the whole album together. The Endless River sounded great the first time I heard it and has only gotten better with repeat listenings. Sure, it might not reach the lofty levels of Pink Floyd at their peak, but The Endless River provides a beautiful ending to the journey Pink Floyd set out on all those years ago.
A solid 9.

For some reason I like reading negative reviews of albums I enjoy.

that being said, I first rated this an 8, I'd give it a 7 now. I still like it, and it is the only post-Waters album that does not contain a song I instantly skip (hello, Dogs of War and A Great Day for Freedom).

I'd rate it somewhere in the middle of the pack. Ahead of Electric Moo (studio album) Zabriskie Point, More, Saucerful, Atom Heart Mother, and MLOR, but behind Piper, Meddle, DSOTM, WYWH, Animals, and The Wall. It sits right around Obscured By Clouds, Division Bell, Electric Moo (live album). and The Final Cut.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, first and foremost - I would say, I enjoy this music. It sounds more like Pink Floyd than does Roger Waters solo. But...

I find myself getting impatient listening to each song..waiting for them to show their colors. I mean....get on with it. Show me what you got. Otherwise, if I can somehow be patient, I do like this music. The mix is very good....maybe not as good as Waters recent release...but still very good.

In general, I would say this one baffles me a bit. I don't care if the album doesn't flow from one song to the next....doesn't bother me. I listen to each song on its own merit. So, I rate an 8. I think I don't enjoy this as much as most older PF albums...but I accept it for what it is....and it has elements that sound like them for sure. It just takes too long to get to that point sometimes.

Interesting...cause...I LOVE this album..it is relaxing and it features Rick's keyboards more than any other PF release...it is the perfect "chill out" album..and the mix....ahh Andy Jackson is freakin' genius!!!!..
well, everything except for the LAST "song"...but nobody's perfect, eh? (and I'm not Canadian)

I agree...great chill out music. Only spun it twice so far....but don't see this one fading for me. I dig it!

I agree...great chill out music. Only spun it twice so far....but don't see this one fading for me. I dig it!

Back