• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Division Bell 5.1 DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ogrequad

I know I'm not alone here, but I am desperately seeking a copy of the Division Bell 5.1 DVD that was briefly available through the Pink Floyd Store. I was one of the unfortunate few who actually got an order in during the 2nd wave of availability and then received the dreaded email that my order was cancelled. I'm still fuming from that one, but the superb "Endless River" 5.1 mix really has increased my desire to hear the Division Bell in surround.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to drop $100 for a copy on eBay (not that any are on auction right now), so I'm hoping that there might be a QQ member who bought an extra copy and might be willing to sell it to me at a reasonable price or, perhaps, set up a trade.

Anyone who might be interested, please PM me. Thanks!!

Have you thought about buying the box ($99.77 from Import Cds), taking the BD, and selling off what you don't want?

Be warned though - the box is a beautiful thing your heart may want to keep it all even if your head says sell.

Have you thought about buying the box ($99.77 from Import Cds), taking the BD, and selling off what you don't want?

Be warned though - the box is a beautiful thing your heart may want to keep it all even if your head says sell.

Yeah, I've definitely thought about that, but my current audio set-up doesn't have a Blu-Ray player in it, so it would take a whole bunch of maneuvering of equipment to play the BD. Even then, I wouldn't be able to play the hi-res stream, as my receiver doesn't have HDMI. If and when I upgrade my system, I might buy the box, but right now, it doesn't make sense.

isn't that the truth! i plan on putting the 3 colored records in a shadow box frame...wouldn't play them even if i had a turntable. they're very special! will make a cool piece of artwork...

I will do that, Robert. I did give a quick read through of the Andy Jackson thread to see if there was any mention of such a release in the future, but I didn't see anything. Still, it's worth asking, as I know I'm not the only one looking for this disc. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks very much, Robert! That definitely gives me hope (high hopes?) that this may be released as a standalone....

So, thankfully, I was able to order the DVD when it came back in stock today! Now, I've just got my fingers crossed that, this time around, they will actually meet demands and send me the disc.

Thanks again to everyone who offered help and/or info in this thread!

So, thankfully, I was able to order the DVD when it came back in stock today! Now, I've just got my fingers crossed that, this time around, they will actually meet demands and send me the disc.

Thanks again to everyone who offered help and/or info in this thread!

Nice! Glad you saw this. This thread was the first thing I thought of when I saw the e-mail from the Pink Floyd store this morning!

When the box came out I waited to see if the price would drop, wondering whether to just buy the dvd instead, then the box dropped below $100 and I grabbed it and was glad I had held off and not bought the dvd.

When the dvd then went out of print I kicked myself for not getting a copy.

Now it is available again I am thinking "nah got the box".

Wonder what I will do if it is only another short run :rolleyes:

Nice! Glad you saw this. This thread was the first thing I thought of when I saw the e-mail from the Pink Floyd store this morning!

I deleted that e-mail without reading it. Just a bad habit I guess.

Checked the site and found no Division Bell DVD listed. There is a CD.

When the box came out I waited to see if the price would drop, wondering whether to just buy the dvd instead, then the box dropped below $100 and I grabbed it and was glad I had held off and not bought the dvd.

When the dvd then went out of print I kicked myself for not getting a copy.

Now it is available again I am thinking "nah got the box".

Wonder what I will do if it is only another short run :rolleyes:

Well it appears it is rumored to be a short run so I thought sod it and ordered, 7.50 quid plus postage - a steal.

See if I get it though.

Awesome to hear ogre - We know how much you were wanting it. :banana: U gonna love it!!!

Back