Harman Kardon 100+

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nolannnniah

Hi all,

I have a Harman Kardon 100+ that I got for free over 20 years ago. After many moves and duty stations, she is starting to fail. I do not get AM/FM output (signal is there and picks up stations). I get a steady feedback through the speakers- like static when a station is not tuned in all the way, not matter what source selector is depressed. The lights are gone (except 1). The AM/FM is not my main concern. I was wondering if anyone in the community might have a Re-Cap list (if already created somewhere) or service manual cap reference for what type should go where. Also, the Stereo/Quad switch on the back is giving some feedback (slight humming when touched and the occasional "pop" when switching), but I will be cleaning all here in the upcoming months when I have everything opened up.

The sound is not what it once was, and I'd love to get it back in its greatness. I do get sound from the other source selections. It does work, but sound is very poor ATM...with the background "white noise"
This is just a pic for reference and I do have the service manual.

Thanks in advance-

Attachments

• Harman Kardon100+Quadraphonic Receiver.jpg
    Harman Kardon100+Quadraphonic Receiver.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 231
I am going through the unit, board by board and creating a list of caps (mainly because schematics may not reflect a change or mod. from the original manufacture). If I am unsure to use a UKL vs. UPW type in a specific path, would it be ok to use UKLs across the whole unit? With the exception of the ones I know for sure would be a UPW type? Also, the service manual does not list the values of all of the caps. Would someone like to take a stab at it?

These look great, but my tech guy many years ago said no to working on these. Too much crap stuffed in one box, hard to disassemble and there are much better units to deal with for long term use. this has no matrix worth a damn. Waste of time, get a sansui!

Marantz works too, especially to look at, they are the pretty ones, and the knob is fun to play with. I have been pondering selling my old 4400. I am not a hoarder, we have an old fellow down the block who stacks his house full of everything, empty cat litter boxes are everywhere! as you get older ( yep 61 now) it is silly to just own shit, if it is not being used, pare down and be simple. Keep the brain from overload. That memory almost full stuff gets true at this age and this century when info is everywhere all the time.

As much as I loved the 800+ I had I have to agree; but I'd go for Marantz.

From QQ deep space

Well, I am currently trying to my hands on a 4140...but we will see how that goes. Thanks for the input guys!

I have sansui's but a good 900+ sounds better !There seperation is beautiful. Unfortunately there might not be a good 900+ left. Also there decoders are very good IMO. Peace

Anybody know what the main CD-4 decoder chips in the HK 800+, 900+, or the 44+ ? CD894? QSI5022?
Was the 44+ considered a good CD4 decoder?

vinylguy4

Why do some people, in forums when somebody asks for advice, completely ignore it and insist on giving their own opinion? Why can't you just give advice on what the OP asks for?

It's the same in almost all forums. It's nothing but discouraging to the OP.

Doug

fuck fAR LEFTISTS

Back