New Steven Wilson Album confirmed, titled and tour announced!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m happy to announce that my new album “Hand. Cannot. Erase.” is now finished and will be released on Kscope in February. More news and previews soon, including information on how to pre-order a very special deluxe edition. In the meantime the first tour dates in the UK and Europe are confirmed, see below. We are currently developing a show that I hope will raise the bar both musically and visually from previous tours, with a set list based around the new album, as well as casting the net further back into my songwriting past for a few surprises.
And the NL venue is close to home :)

I'm not a fan of his music...just his awesome skills in the studio..so for me this will be a dead period where he won't have a chance to mix any surround discs that I might love...oh well...lot's of hi rez music in the pipeline now..

I'm not a fan of his music...just his awesome skills in the studio..so for me this will be a dead period where he won't have a chance to mix any surround discs that I might love...oh well...lot's of hi rez music in the pipeline now..

If I were being honest, I would admit that I like his solo stuff much less than Porcupine Tree....but, I just can't get over his mixing prowess....so I pretty much buy up everything he puts out.

Steven Wilson, has not only been busy recording his fourth solo album, but continues to be the leading light in, the saviour of catalogue reissues and the album format, with brand new stereo and 5.1 mixes of Tears For Fears’ classic album ‘Songs From The Big Chair’ as well as releases for XTC, King Crimson, Yes, Jethro Tull, and the forthcoming Roxy Music reissues.

:yikes :banana:

Source

Entitled "Hand. Cannot. Erase.", it'll be out in February 2015 and supported a month later by a tour.

http://stevenwilsonhq.com/sw/hand-cannot-erase-uk-european-2015-tour-dates/

No word on 5.1 but I think we can assume it's a given ;)

Excellent news thanks :banana: I really need to see this live. The good news is the London venue isn't far from where I work :). The bad news is the tickets go on sale Friday morning, and I'm nowhere near a computer that day :howl

Excellent news thanks :banana: I really need to see this live. The good news is the London venue isn't far from where I work :). The bad news is the tickets go on sale Friday morning, and I'm nowhere near a computer that day :howl

Gigs & Tours.com, the ticket agent, have a mobile app, if that's any help?

Just the two Bryan Ferry SACDs, so far..

The studio albums up to (and including Avalon) are coming out on SHM-SACD (Stereo only of course)
Roxy Music – Roxy Music (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – For Your Pleasure (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Stranded (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Country Life (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Siren (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Manifesto (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Flesh And Blood (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Avalon (Jan. 28)

The studio albums up to (and including Avalon) are coming out on SHM-SACD (Stereo only of course)
Roxy Music – Roxy Music (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – For Your Pleasure (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Stranded (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Country Life (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Siren (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Manifesto (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Flesh And Blood (Jan. 28)
Roxy Music – Avalon (Jan. 28)

maybe the upcoming Deluxe Ed's of the 1st two albums will have some Hi-Res.. we can but hope :)

maybe the upcoming Deluxe Ed's of the 1st two albums will have some Hi-Res.. we can but hope :)

It's kind of confusing to see what the intentions are sometimes....Virgin Records released a collection spanning 10 years that was "supposedly" derived as a flat transfer from the original tapes(not the 1999 remaster) HERE which is from 2012 and was released in 2013... then there are SHM-SACD's as an upcoming project that are being called "re-issues BUT when you read the fine print it says it's source is from a 2014 DSD master from the original tapes HERE(scroll down to description) and where does Steven Wilson fit into this plan...they wouldn't employ his services for a non-surround project and SHM-SACD's are not multi channel...so is there more versions being released or what?

It's kind of confusing to see what the intentions are sometimes....Virgin Records released a collection spanning 10 years that was "supposedly" derived as a flat transfer from the original tapes(not the 1999 remaster) HERE which is from 2012 and was released in 2013... then there are SHM-SACD's as an upcoming project that are being called "re-issues BUT when you read the fine print it says it's source is from a 2014 DSD master from the original tapes HERE(scroll down to description) and where does Steven Wilson fit into this plan...they wouldn't employ his services for a non-surround project and SHM-SACD's are not multi channel...so is there more versions being released or what?

Eeh bah gum, it'll all come out in the wash! :p

Back