New Steven Wilson Album confirmed, titled and tour announced!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine has shipped as well.

I had initially planned on getting tickets for the just added show in Mesa (Phoenix) but decided not to in the end - I guess I'm just not as excited about his direction as I once was and can't justify the 8 hour drive (each way).

Mine has shipped as well.

I had initially planned on getting tickets for the just added show in Mesa (Phoenix) but decided not to in the end - I guess I'm just not as excited about his direction as I once was and can't justify the 8 hour drive (each way).

I know how you feel. I would love to go to one of this solo shows, but can't justify the costs and time involved to get to one of the shows, which are all farther away from me than I would like…
Thankfully, I'm filling that gap with tickets to RUSH's R40 tour instead! :banana:

I have tickets for the Mrs and myself, in San Francisco. We both like Raven that Refused to Sing, looking forward to hearing this new one. I'm a little concerned that he's going to perform behind a veil, as seen in the Drive Home BluRay. It looks cool on video - I'll find it annoying if the whole show was clouded behind a giant cheese cloth.

I have tickets for the Mrs and myself, in San Francisco. We both like Raven that Refused to Sing, looking forward to hearing this new one. I'm a little concerned that he's going to perform behind a veil, as seen in the Drive Home BluRay. It looks cool on video - I'll find it annoying if the whole show was clouded behind a giant cheese cloth.

If I remember correctly, he only performed behind the "veil" for about 4 songs on the last tour. Then the "veil" was lifted!

In anticipationnof the new album I listened to The Raven this afternoon. During the title track the postment rang to deliver the heavy package from Platomania.

In it is the deluxe book. IMachine alreday sjowed some pictures from it, loooks great and almost deserves a topic of its https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...even-Wilson-2-0-5-1-mixes&p=238001#post238001

The music on Hand.Cannot.Erase is different from The Raven. The latter has more or less the same style throughout, while HCE is a mixture of different styles.

This will take more listens to get into the album as a whole, for me at least. After only one listen I can say however, that it is a challenging album again, with some surprising moves! The songs have some light, pop moments and the more heavier stuff as well. Plus some elctronics. In a way it is more a follow up to Grace for Drowning than The Raven, in terms of surprise. The surround mix is the ususal class A+.

The blu ray has a lot of things to offer. The album proper in 24/96 (or 96/24) PCM stereo and 5.1 plus DTS MA 5.1.

The extras are all in 24/96 stereo. It includes instrumental versions (not listened to yet), alternative takes. (Routine Ninet solo vocal is beautiful), plus a 30 minutes documentary.

For those who have ordered the blu ray, stand alone or otherwise, you are in for a great sonic experience.

Additional comment, the instrumentals have their own menu option now, compared to earlier albums. This makes it easier to listen to the whole instrumental abum.

Listening now. Couldn't open the package quick enough.

From Tapatalk

So this is up there with the Raven. The song crafting is brilliant. There's a banjo, violin and choir boy used to great effect. The musicianship is top notch, watch the video.

I hope to get my Blu Ray tomorrow. Just bought tix for the DC show. Tuesday - May 26, 2015 Looking forward to this!

I received my deluxe book edition yesterday. While it was properly packaged, the book still had a dinged corner. Which leads me to believe it was damaged before packaging and shipping. Not a deal breaker or worth returning since I don't plan on reselling it, but annoying nontheless.

I received my deluxe book edition yesterday. While it was properly packaged, the book still had a dinged corner. Which leads me to believe it was damaged before packaging and shipping. Not a deal breaker or worth returning since I don't plan on reselling it, but annoying nontheless.

Same here...upper left corner, right?

please someone enlighten me.
what in the heck is this?
placed order for 2 units back in january. amazon supposed to ship it on march 3th. no freaking notification about dispatch and now says "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months".

http://www.amazon.ca/Hand-Cannot-Erase-W-Dvd/dp/B00QW4QX7C

and another concern - i just now noticed the back of the package says "DVD".
anyone received one like this and what is in there, DVD or BD-A?????????????

51fGHBvuIIL.jpg

I got BluRay and I'm a little disgusted with the appearance of the disc.

I know that nowadays disappeared from dictionaries concept of "quality control" but damn, that BR disc with the inscription "Made in Germany" was unevenly either cut is shocking. The edges are rough, uneven from the bottom looks like a disc is delaminated on the outside. In addition, from the beginning, the disc is out of the grip of the box, though fortunately BR boxes are soft you can try to bend the handle on the outside.

Is in you is as if I have bad luck?

Same here...upper left corner, right?

My ding was the front lower right corner, with the rear lower right corner also dinged, but much less so. It looks like it was dropped and landed on that corner, the front taking most of the impact.

Back