HiRez Poll Adams, Bryan - RECKLESS [BluRay]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Bryan Adams - RECKLESS [BluRay Audio]

• 5 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Contact

• Total voters
I'm listening to this again tonight, and thought I'd better vote... Turns out that I already did, and my vote hasn't changed: a 9 from me. This is pure pop rock pleasure the way it should be heard. My only complaint is that I could use a little more bass. There aren't a lot of gimmicky or discrete items going on in the rears, but the use of the rears for the delays is fantastic. I just love it.

Never owned any Bryan Adams music before and was quite surprised at how much of this I was familiar with. I think its got some good music but not a stellar start to finish album. But while its got good fidelity, I'm not impressed with the surround mix at all. Seems like what I could have done with a cd and some DSP mode on my receiver. This is one of the few discs that I think I would have more listens had I bought the CD, as it seems to be music I'd more likely listen to rolling down the road than sitting in front of my surround system with a lot of better mixes available to me.

K

This has always been my favorite Bryan Adams album, and a great rock album in general, but the surround mix just leaves me wanting more (not discrete enough for my taste). No amount of video content on the disc would have changed that. I gave it a 7.

Great music, fair mix, an 8.

Feeling pretty damned lukewarm about this album...
Mix is good. No gimmicks, but not very much fun either.
The music feels very cliched to me! I appreciate that some here have an intense connection to the album.
That's koo. :banana:
I don't. HAWHAWHAW... It doesn't help that I got burned-out singing Summer of 69 in a cover band (though I changed the lyric to Summer of 99, to make it truer for me)...
Anyway, this will probably end up in "7" territory, for me.
It's Only Love, con Tina Turner es mi favorito.

Last edited:
Love this album, great surround-mix and sound quality. It sounds really great on my system, massive drum sound on some songs, fantastic. I give it a strong 9!

After having listened to this disc a bunch of times, all of a sudden the disc doesn't play anymore. Both players I have at the moment refuse to start the disc, just showing the album cover on screen and then nothing more happens. The disc itself is spotless and doesn't show any problems. Also, I haven't changed anything on my setup. Weird...

Anyone else having this problem?

I regret giving this release a 7 vote. Most likely I was caught in the "it simply has to be super discreet" for me to like it moment. I've since purchased and listened to SO many different titles with varying mixing styles, etc. I've come to realize (some time ago) that this one sounds spectacular. Yeah, got the 80's reverb thing going on...but who cares. This one simply BEGS to be cranked up and I think the appreciation will be realized. Modest to low volume simply does not do this justice. Would I give it a 9 now? Eh......probably an 8...maybe 8.4 :mad:@:

After having listened to this disc a bunch of times, all of a sudden the disc doesn't play anymore. Both players I have at the moment refuse to start the disc, just showing the album cover on screen and then nothing more happens. The disc itself is spotless and doesn't show any problems. Also, I haven't changed anything on my setup. Weird...

Whoa, THAT sucks!!!
Sorry for that, man...

I have played mine a couple of times and I am checking it now and it plays fine...

Maybe time to start backing up the collection?

I have often pondered that...just in case...

Can you tell me which player you played it on a bunch of times. If these Blu Ray problems from the coating are created from multiple playback due to laser interaction I would like to know the hardware used.

Can you tell me which player you played it on a bunch of times. If these Blu Ray problems from the coating are created from multiple playback due to laser interaction I would like to know the hardware used.

I've been using a Sony S760 to listen to it since I got the album. But also my cheap LG player from the US (usually only used for region A discs) refuses to play the disc.

I wrote the place I got it from, since Universal / Polydor suggest to get in touch with the vendor in case of a faulty disc. Let's see how the response will look like, after all I bought it more than two years ago...

I have had this HFPA release since it's release and I voted 9. Great music, easy menu, and great sonics. Reason for not a 10 is the sonics could be a little more discrete (more movement between speakers, more imagination) and having a Blu ray with no pictures, lyrics, etc is not acceptable in this day and age. Into The Fire is my favorite with Reckless being my 2nd.

So, the vendor replied to me today and thinks the disc is faulty (wow, really?). Unfortunately, the usual 2 year warranty in Germany has expired and therefore I'll have to buy the disc again. Impressive customer service from jpc...

Re-evaluated this one... while the mix isn’t “kick-ass”, I’m bumping my vote to an 8... really good mix that preserves the “80’s” qualities of the original!

The cool thing about this mix, IMHO, is that it takes one of the defining qualities of Bob Clearmountain’s work, i.e., killer delays, and uses the surrounds for them. If you thought those guitars sounded big before, listen to them NOW!

The cool thing about this mix, IMHO, is that it takes one of the defining qualities of Bob Clearmountain’s work, i.e., killer delays, and uses the surrounds for them. If you thought those guitars sounded big before, listen to them NOW!

Yup, it's "an 80s mix IN SURROUND".. great description!!!

Back