2 Years Left ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was actually a short lived store called The Music Box in downtown Preston, Ontario. We didn't get a chain store until Flipside opened in John Galt Mall. Most of my early purchases were bought in the next town at Sears or Woolco.

I bought my first reel to reel tape at Sears. CCR 1st at 3 3/4 IPS. They had one playing on a machine at the time. Don't remember what machine that was.

Discs only exist at this point for me to transfer the contents to a computer drive. So I say good riddance. Also to SACD, and its impenetrable copy protection; DSD should have remained an archiving format, not a delivery format.

What I do and will miss, whether in the CD era or the post-physical medium era, is album-sized packaging.

I am with you there ssully, If I can't turn over the jacket and read something interesting(without magnifying glass in hand)I feel cheated.

We will have to ask for a PDF of the album art. And perhaps a magnifying glass with the download site or streaming site's logo ?! :)

Wellllll..............Snood love the SACDs me have, but simple answer to this..............

RELEASE WHAT THE PEOPLE WANT!!!!!!

Snood saw a thread on here earlier about The SACD stereo release of The Cars first album..............whaaaaaaaaa!!!!?????

...Let the right one's out.........BTW movie "Let the right one in" is a great movie - check out the non US release much better as are most foreign to US releases.

Whaaaaaaaa!!!??? Well said! I couldn't agree more. My whole body is burning to hear The Cars moving in surround. :flame

And... I love the film "Let the right one in." Hadn't seen a vampire movie like that before. :yikes

As Queen would say "Another One Bites the Dust".

Today's headline news: T2 Entertainment, which picked up distribution for several Classical Music labels when Codaex went out of business has now also gone out of business itself. The article says:

The crash leaves a welter of labels without distribution in the crucial pre-Christmas month. Classical Music magazine reports that ex-EMI vet Theo Lap is trying to set up a new distribution network on behalf of Brilliant Classics, one of the principal victims.

Recording Sales Erosion Chart - 50yrs-243x180.jpg
Chart: Recording Sales Continue to Erode
http://slippedisc.com/2014/11/record-gloom-classical-distributor-collapses/

Back