Jethro Tull Minstrel in the Gallery Remix Next?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please let this be next :banana:. This is my favourite Tull album :D. A bit disappointed that its JJ and not SW doing it though.

If he says "Paris, July 1975" he's talking about a show JT did there around that time.
The album was recorded a few months before that, so hopefully that remix is still in the hands of Mr Wilson. :)

Minstrel may have already been mixed by SW. It will be nice to hear the unreleased quad mix too.

I hope there is a connection to a Minstrel in the Gallery deluxe edition. I can still dream...2015

Hasn't Steven Wilson mentioned that Songs From The Wood is a favourite of his - maybe that's already completed for a 2017 40th...don't wake me.

Please let this be next :banana:. This is my favourite Tull album :D. A bit disappointed that its JJ and not SW doing it though.
My favourite Tull album, too. It would be a 5.1 dream come true.

AFAIK, Minstrel (or Songs From the Wood) hasn't been mixed by Steven or Jakko yet.

There's still plenty of time for Steven to mix it. I'm not expecting a release until Fall 2015 anyway (although Summer 2015 would be sweet).

Last edited:
Full info below:

we now are aware that the 40th Anniversary of Minstrel In the Gallery will be releasing on April 28 (US).
In the Jethro Tull catalog, Minstrel In The Gallery follows War Child, which was recently released as a 40th Anniversary Edition as a Steven Wilson remix extravaganza.
For the upcoming Minstrel In The Gallery remix, there will be a single CD reissue, as well as a vinyl LP release, and a fan set La Grandé with 2CDs and 2DVDs. The single CD issue will offer fourteen tracks, eight more than the original. The vinyl LP version will likely offer only the original eight. The Box will a book-style (like War Child), and feature an 80-page book with photos, an extensive history of the creation and recording of Minstrel In The Gallery, liner notes, and a host of other goodies. The 2CD/2DVD La Grandé set will present the following track-listing:
CD1:
01. Minstrel In The Gallery
02. Cold Wind To Valhalla
03. Black Satin Dancer
04. Requiem
05. One White Duck
06. Baker St. Muse
07. Grace
08. Summerday Sands
09. Requiem
10. One White Duck
11. Grace
12. Minstrel In The Gallery-BBC Version
13. Cold Wind To Valhalla-BBC Version
14. Aqualung
CD2:
01. Introduction
02. Wind Up
03. Critique Oblique
04. Wond ring Aloud
05. My God
06. Cross-Eyed Mary
07. Minstrel In The Gallery
08. Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of The New Day
09. Bungle In The Jungle
10. Aqualung
11. Guitar Solo
12. Back-Door Angels
13. Locomotive Breath
Other highlights from this multi-disc set include the obvious adds:
– Original album and seven bonus tracks (six previously unreleased), two mixed to 5.1 surround, and all to stereo by Steven Wilson
– Flat transfers of the original LP mix at 96/24 (plus Summerday Sands )
– Flat transfer of the original quad mix of the LP (plus Summerday Sands )
– An eight-minute film of the band performing Minstrel In The Gallery in Paris from July 1975

Thanks for spotting this, excellent news, my favourite Tull album :banana:

There's no mention of it at the moment, but I assume, by what's been said before, that the second dvd is the Paris 1975 concert, remixed into 5.1 by Jakko :). Presumably then the second cd is also this show.

Yet another excellent release to look forward to, and another I bet that will come out before ELP's Trilogy!

Thanks for spotting this, excellent news, my favourite Tull album :banana:

There's no mention of it at the moment, but I assume, by what's been said before, that the second dvd is the Paris 1975 concert, remixed into 5.1 by Jakko :). Presumably then the second cd is also this show.

Yet another excellent release to look forward to, and another I bet that will come out before ELP's Trilogy!

Hope so! Woo! :D

Was the Quad mix of this album released back in the day?

Great news indeed. My favorite Tull album as well. I really never thought they would get this deep into JT's catalog for surround. Very cool!

Another "must buy." :banana:

...the one I'm waiting patiently for is "Heavy Horses."

Assuming SW does it I can't wait to hear what he does with the multi-layered vocals on the title track.
"Bring me a wheel of oaken wood,
a rein of polished leather,
a Heavy Horse and a tumbling sky,
brewing heavy weather..."

Back