Beach Boys - Pet Sounds on Blu Ray Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered another Beach Boys SHM SACD from Japan. Pretty nice how 4559 yen works out to US$ 37.78 -- strong dollar. That's the price including air mail shipping.

Which Beach Boys title did you order?..I'm kinda torn on if I should wait for the new releases in 2015 or grab another one from Japan...as I have some reward points that I'd like to use...I have to get the Surfer Girl disc because it has In My Room on that album...one of my favorite Beach Boy songs...I know these new releases will probably end up being delayed..and THIS ONE isn't going to be available for a long while..and the Japanese version is available now...so I might grab that one...

Which Beach Boys title did you order?..I'm kinda torn on if I should wait for the new releases in 2015 or grab another one from Japan...as I have some reward points that I'd like to use...I have to get the Surfer Girl disc because it has In My Room on that album...one of my favorite Beach Boy songs...I know these new releases will probably end up being delayed..and THIS ONE isn't going to be available for a long while..and the Japanese version is available now...so I might grab that one...

I hear you. I'm getting a little jumpy to upgrade my Pet Sounds as I'm so unhappy with my DVD-A

I hear you. I'm getting a little jumpy to upgrade my Pet Sounds as I'm so unhappy with my DVD-A

Well...you see the time stamp of that post..around 3am...when you were a kid did your parents tell you that nothing good happens after 10pm(insert any time that works for you)..well they were right...I pulled the trigger on THIS ONE..I'm not going to wait until "summer time" 2015 for that release...I want to hear "I get around" now....just a late Christmas present to myself...

Well...you see the time stamp of that post..around 3am...when you were a kid did your parents tell you that nothing good happens after 10pm(insert any time that works for you)..well they were right...I pulled the trigger on THIS ONE..I'm not going to wait until "summer time" 2015 for that release...I want to hear "I get around" now....just a late Christmas present to myself...

Oh boy...you finally did it. Wonder when you'll get it in hand??

Oh boy...you finally did it. Wonder when you'll get it in hand??

Well the shipping won't happen for 2 days...probably around Jan 6th..which is a lot sooner than THIS..hehe...just saying...remember tomorrow is promised to no one...a pessimistic man was asked once why he didn't just wait for something a little longer...the guy replied that he doesn't even buy green bananas anymore..might not be around when they ripen...just saying...in my case those 3am shopping decisions are usually going to end in a transaction:cool:

Well the shipping won't happen for 2 days...probably around Jan 6th..which is a lot sooner than THIS..hehe...just saying...remember tomorrow is promised to no one...a pessimistic man was asked once why he didn't just wait for something a little longer...the guy replied that he doesn't even buy green bananas anymore..might not be around when they ripen...just saying...in my case those 3am shopping decisions are usually going to end in a transaction:cool:

Yes, I can appreciate that. Speaking of no tomorrow...my wife told me she wants to make apple sauce in the crock pot. Just thought I'd toss that out there. Not sure what prompted her to say that. I simply said "why"?

Yes, I can appreciate that. Speaking of no tomorrow...my wife told me she wants to make apple sauce in the crock pot. Just thought I'd toss that out there. Not sure what prompted her to say that. I simply said "why"?

Well...it will serve double duty...food and aromatherapy...your house will smell like an apple orchard!...pure genius...

Which Beach Boys title did you order?..I'm kinda torn on if I should wait for the new releases in 2015 or grab another one from Japan...as I have some reward points that I'd like to use...
Shut Down Vol. 2 -- I am hoping that it is stereo. The original release came in both mono and stereo versions. Real stereo. Not duophonic. This was before Brian Wilson (with only 1 ear ... 3 or more less ears than most of us here) switched everything to mono.

Could be a good time to sell off the dvd-audio versions you may be holding onto. I guess this is why they wouldn't give Analogue Productions the surround version for the SACD. Acoustic Sounds says it's a new surround mix, so I guess it's different than the one on the dvd-audio.

Attachments

• newmix.jpg
    newmix.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 473
The new 5.1 mix has me interested. Any info on who did the mix? Please say Bob Clearmountain!

Could be a good time to sell off the dvd-audio versions you may be holding onto. I guess this is why they wouldn't give Analogue Productions the surround version for the SACD. Acoustic Sounds says it's a new surround mix, so I guess it's different than the one on the dvd-audio.

Cupboy give linky - Snood trying to find info can't find - New Mix has Snood feeling all fuzzy inside :banana:

Went ahead pre ordered on that info alone - will cancel "maybe" if not :rolleyes:

Nice to see BluRay Pure Audio is still in the game. I hadn't seen anything new From that series on the shelf for A LONG TIME.

I will be very curious and grateful about/for your comments/reviews on this release (y) .

Back